C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Mice+wiring = disaster

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-08-2023, 03:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
w203 sport edition
Mice+wiring = disaster

hi, just recently bought a 2003 w203 c220 cdi sport edition with a knocking engine, after a couple of weeks the engine waved goodbye as expected.
I had it stored in a garage until I could fork money for a new engine which took about 3 months. While the engine was being prepped the mechanic called me and said I had a huge problem on my hands, Mice had destroyed the wiring under the dash. so here I am with a good engine installed on a car with a damaged wiring.
I already went through most of the forum looking for diagrams and most links are broken.
My main question is how different is the wiring from a sport edition to an avantgarde?
thank you for going through my story and for any help
Old 09-08-2023, 01:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 214 Likes on 204 Posts
2003 C230K Coupe Orion Blue
I would imagine that the 2 variants you're talking about are identical electrically. Most if not all of the differences would be cosmetic (grill emblem, wheels etc.). The rest would be suspension related (lower springs etc.)

I would imagine that if you're buying a harness from wrecker, as long as the engine variant is the same (you can check that by VIN), the wiring will be identical. The only stuff that might be different would be if the car had different options installed, but those wires can probably be moved over without too much difficulty.
Old 09-08-2023, 04:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
w203 sport edition
Originally Posted by slammer111
I would imagine that the 2 variants you're talking about are identical electrically. Most if not all of the differences would be cosmetic (grill emblem, wheels etc.). The rest would be suspension related (lower springs etc.)

I would imagine that if you're buying a harness from wrecker, as long as the engine variant is the same (you can check that by VIN), the wiring will be identical. The only stuff that might be different would be if the car had different options installed, but those wires can probably be moved over without too much difficulty.
Thank you for replying, so even if there are wires missing from extras that the donor car didn't have, just got to check for the engine and probably gearbox because it's an auto and it will probably run maybe even with a couple of warning lights in the dash?
That would be awesome because I did want to part ways with the car and I could really use a car with an auto gearbox because of health issues