C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Help Electrical Problems...03 230k Sedan

Old 11-04-2004, 12:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Help Electrical Problems...03 230k Sedan

Im experiencing two problems. The first one was my driver comfort and convenience was set on...so it move the seat and the steering wheel so I can go in/out easier. It doesn't move...so bring back to the dealer and they reset it. Last weekend, my whole seat is stuck way back and I tried to use the seat control and no help...so I have to yank out the fuse and the connector to the seat to reset. Luckly, I'm driving it...if my wife drives it then she be stuck.

Second, my back door the power door lock and I can't open it...nothing I can do to make it open...but one day..it open again llike normal.

Also the wind noise is getting louder??

Both problem, I want to bring back to dealer but of course they think I'm a pain in a**. Anyone experiencing this problem??

Thanks
Andy
Old 11-25-2004, 12:00 PM

2004 CLK 320 Convertible
Originally Posted by andy28
Im experiencing two problems. The first one was my driver comfort and convenience was set on...so it move the seat and the steering wheel so I can go in/out easier. It doesn't move...so bring back to the dealer and they reset it. Last weekend, my whole seat is stuck way back and I tried to use the seat control and no help...so I have to yank out the fuse and the connector to the seat to reset. Luckly, I'm driving it...if my wife drives it then she be stuck.

Second, my back door the power door lock and I can't open it...nothing I can do to make it open...but one day..it open again llike normal.

Also the wind noise is getting louder??

Both problem, I want to bring back to dealer but of course they think I'm a pain in a**. Anyone experiencing this problem??

Thanks
Andy
03 240 sedan has same seat controller problem. Intermittent failure that the dealer cannot reproduce with no failure codes recorded for analysis. I've been fighting this for about 6 weeks. This would happen less often for 6 months prior to this and a key off/key on sequence would fix. Now this doesn't even work. Big pain for my wife with the seat entry convenience feature on.

Dealer has replaced both seat controls (L&R) and has also checked seating of CANBUS controllers under hood (there are several I'm told). Dealer's lead tech has also spoken with contacts in Jacksonville that have said "looks like you've got a new one" (i.e. they have no clue right now). Dealer's only solution for now is to pull the fuses and replace when this happens (akin to Microsoft "just reboot the computer, stupid!" )

I am going to push with the service manager for full CANBUS module replacements. I am willing to work with them to do a module every couple of weeks to help them find the bad module, but if there is a CANBUS problem, other issues could come up that are much more serious (since the CANBUS is the main communication bus for the car). I do have a little leverage here since i have bought or referred about $250,000 of business their way in the last 2 years, so maybe this will happen.

Thank god this one is a lease!!! I'm only in it for another year and its GONE!!!!!! If they can't fix this my next conversation is with the Dealership owner (and it won't be pleasant!)

I'll post as things happen (the Service Manager is back in Monday after Thanksgiving).
Old 12-09-2004, 08:33 PM

2004 CLK 320 Convertible
I got busy and the service manager didn't call back. Car goes in next week for the week for some through testing and tinkering by the dealer to see if they can isolate root cause. Wife is getting a loaner for the week (most likely an 05 c240 again). I'll try to post next week with what they find (if anything)

Later
Old 12-18-2004, 10:35 AM

2004 CLK 320 Convertible
Got the c240 back from the dealer Friday. The !@&^*%& car didn't act up while they had it. Sorry, no help from here on root cause of the seat controller issue.