C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Electroncis Issue - Similar to SAM issues

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-04-2023, 10:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes C320 2003 W203 Coupe
Electroncis Issue - Similar to SAM issues

So, for whatever reason, I decided to install a backup camera in my coupe. Everything was fine, but I thought I had crushed the video line, so I took apart the dash, and to do so, you have to have the key in to move the shifter. I had the car on, not running, while I was taking everything apart. I think something may have shorted, because now I have the probelm others have had where it looks like a SAM issue, but isn't. This is what isn't working:

Rear brake lights.
Rear taillights.
Turn signals.
Rear stop light.
Windows don't roll down.
AC completely non functional.
High beams don't work.
Fuel gauge doesn't work.
Handle for trunk doesn't work.
Balmy 185 degrees farenehit.
Steering controls do not work.
Getting errors for ABS, SRS, cat having kittens, dog has fleas, should have bought crypto 10 years ago, etc. High beam indicator flashes.

Upon reading the first bits on it being a rear SAM, I ordered one, and an Autel, what I thought was a programmer, but was a overpriced code reader, swapped the SAMs, and nothing changed. As I was going through the reader, I saw the diagnostics for the onboard modules, and neither the front or rear SAM were detected. So, I took it to an indy mechanic here, thinking I merely needed to reprogram the SAM, and he saw the same thing, no SAMs, front or rear. We ripped the connectors off the camera, since it was the one thing changed, and no difference. Brought it home, ordered the CANbus distributor, a0035464240 and a0025467940, the a0035464240 being what the parts catalog deemed to be in the driver door. Getting into the driver door, the one there was the a0025467940, not the other. So I swapped what was there, no change in the errors. Also changed out the negative block with a Kicker block and new 0 gauge to the chasis. In looking at some of the online information, it looks like a paired line goes to the distributor under the dash, and another paired line goes to the one in the door. Where do these connections actually start? If I knew where they began, I could go to the source and maybe replace the line as I think it's shorted. Everything else works like the dome lights, remote entry, remote entry into the trunk, low beam headlights. I'm taking it in to the indy on THursday, local Mercedes has nothing until January 17th.

I'd appreciate the help. Being laid off from Verizon has been a bear, and so far in the last 3 months I've had to replace the entire right front suspension due to bad roads here locally(a year after first replacing it) and followed that up with a radiator that let rip.

a0035464240

a0025467940

Last edited by chernabog915; 12-06-2023 at 03:10 PM.