C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

2005 c230 SS Performance Upgrades

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-12-2004, 05:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 C230 WZ
Question 2005 c230 SS Performance Upgrades

I've searched the forum for many of the companies that offer performance upgrades for the 2005 c230 SS and haven't found much. After reading up on all the mods available (ecu chip, air filter, and pulley) I've decided on the following "only" (so please no suggestions to get "extra" mods): ECU chip and Air Filter upgrade.

So now I turn to you guys for some advice on helping me choose which namebrand (please add more if any) to buy and who to buy it from. Also I was hoping anyone done these engine mods to their '05 (or '04) with known improvements got any feedback?

ECU chips:
1) Powerchip (evosport.powerchipgroup.com.) - claims 18hp gain ($640)
2) Powerchip (speedtuningusa.com) - claims 20hp gain, same company as powechipgroup??? ($275)
3) Renntech chip - claims 10hp gain ($too much$)
4) Tuningchip (upsolute.com) - claims 30hp gain??? ($300)

Air Filters:
1) K&N
2) ITG

Thank you.
Old 11-12-2004, 05:51 PM
Administrator

Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts
MPG+ ROLFCOPTER
You might want to search for buellwinkel's post on stock versus aftermarket airfilters.
Old 11-12-2004, 09:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Blimp
Originally Posted by MBc230
I've searched the forum for many of the companies that offer performance upgrades for the 2005 c230 SS and haven't found much. After reading up on all the mods available (ecu chip, air filter, and pulley) I've decided on the following "only" (so please no suggestions to get "extra" mods): ECU chip and Air Filter upgrade.

So now I turn to you guys for some advice on helping me choose which namebrand (please add more if any) to buy and who to buy it from. Also I was hoping anyone done these engine mods to their '05 (or '04) with known improvements got any feedback?

ECU chips:
1) Powerchip (evosport.powerchipgroup.com.) - claims 18hp gain ($640)
2) Powerchip (speedtuningusa.com) - claims 20hp gain, same company as powechipgroup??? ($275)
3) Renntech chip - claims 10hp gain ($too much$)
4) Tuningchip (upsolute.com) - claims 30hp gain??? ($300)

Air Filters:
1) K&N
2) ITG

Thank you.
Well, if you searched well enough, so far there aren't any pulley upgrades. Evosport is actually developing one using my 05.. So hang tight.. Also search my name for the M271 post.

-Danny
Old 11-15-2004, 10:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 C230 WZ
Thanks for the great info on the pulley system Sauceboy01. Unfortunately, I am only looking for an ecu chip and air intake upgrade right now. But I hope your project goes well! Also, I wasn't looking for a pulley system but after reading your posts, I may consider that pulley package later on down the line

You mentioned that an open air box on the vehicle, you were able to achieve a 6hp gain? So if I were to get an air intake (by itself), I suppose that would help with a (worst case scenario) 2-5hp gain?

Since you are going through evosport and they carry the Powerchip (is it the same as speedtuning.com's too?), were you able to try that out as well, or planning to implement that with your pulley system?

Thanks again for the info.
Old 11-15-2004, 07:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Blimp
we plan on implementing it w/ the Pulley system for now... But they will be selling each by themselves as well. I think the biggest gain you can get so far is by doing a pulley upgrade. The Ecu upgrade will only gain say 8-10hp. I'm sure they'll run tests w/ just the power chip, and yes the powerchips are the same. Just keep an eye out.

-Danny
Old 11-16-2004, 12:34 AM

2005 C230 Sedan 6spd

V18k III (1.8 Supercharged)

Hubraum / Displacement: 1.796 cm3
Leistung / Power: 166 kW = 225 PS (mit LLK: 177 kW = 240 PS)
Drehmoment / Torque: 320 Nm / 2.800 U/min / rpm (mit LLK: 330 Nm)
Höchstgeschwindigkeit / Vmax: 242 km/h
Kraftstoffart / Fuel: Super Plus (98 Oktan)
Abgasnorm / Gas Test: unverändert wie Serie / unchanged to series
- Mit TÜV
- with TÜV (German Technical Supervisory Association)

Ladeluftkühler / Intercooler

Großer Ladeluftkühler aus hochwertigem Aluminium (DIN-Netze) sorgt für kühlere Luftzufuhr, höheren Sauerstoffgehalt der Ansaugluft und somit für wesentlich bessere Verbrennung.
Nebeneffekt: Leistungszuwachs um ca. 5-8%
Montagezeit: ca. 1-2 Stunden
Bigger incooler made of high-quality aluminium (DIN). The intake air will be cooler, consiting of a higher oxygen content. A much better bustion will be the result. As a secondary phenomenon the power encreases by 5-8%. The installation will take 2-3 hours.

Fächerkrümmeranlage / Manifolders

Hubraum / Displacement: unverändert wie Serie / unchanged to series
Leistung / Power: ca. 5% Mehr-PS /more hp
Drehmoment / Torque: + 10 Nm
Kraftstoffart / Fuel: Super Plus (98 Oktan)
Abgasnorm / Gas Test: unverändert wie Serie / unchanged to series

Durch die enorme Verbesserung der Abgas-Gegendrücke und -strömungen verbessern Sie den Abgasrückstau und die abgastemperaturen bis in die Zylinder. Der Motor arbeitet wesentlich leichter. Die Durchzugskraft des Motors erhöht sich. Durch die feine Überarbeitung der Oberflächen im Inneren des Fächerkrümmers werden nachteilige Gasverwirbelungen verringert. Die Abgase können ungehindert abströmen. Optimales Zusammenspiel ergibt sich auch in Verbindung mit einem Sport-Endschalldämpfer oder jedem bei uns erhältlichen Motortuning und Nockenwellen-Kit.
- mit ABE -
By the extreme reduction of exhaust back-pressure and optimized exhaust-flow up into the cylinders your engine is working a lot easier. Your engine power encreases. Caused by the fine surface inside the manifolder/header all negative turbulences will be eliminated. Together with a diplacement engine you have the best combination.
- with ABE -

Original Link

Found this couple days ago.........Its in German.......do not know if this has been posted before.
Old 11-16-2004, 07:44 AM
Administrator

Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts
MPG+ ROLFCOPTER
Funny

In German it only takes 1 - 2 hours but in English 2 - 3 hours. Wonder if that takes translation into account?