C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Suspension question H&R and sways

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-30-2002, 03:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'08 BMW e92 335i
agreed

i agree with jswedberg, the anti roll bars, larger wheels, all that, if you want to mod mercedes you can it's just gonna cost you... some examples of tuners that will give you gain or swap bigger engines are... brabus, lorinser, carlsson, renntech, kleenman... and of course their factory tuner amg... how much is she looking to get out of the car, added power as well as looks??
Old 05-30-2002, 06:54 PM
Almost a Member!

2000 Accord
argument arguement.... you say that most MB already have anti sway... all car do. Look under you car and you'll see. People may also know it by Stabilizer bar.

Also yes i know that there is more to suspension than just sway bar. Also the 19 are going to feel slower if it weighs more than you stock ones.

Also sway bar don't decrease the ride on the car. Also my example is from being inside my friends car with just that mod SWAY BAR. that is why i believe is because i sat there and i thought i was going to die.

Except for the 100 mph he has rims which are 8.5 that made the difference form the normal 6.5 honda/acura gives.
Old 05-30-2002, 08:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
'19 GLC 300, '19 TM3SR+
Originally posted by omgitsroy326

Also sway bar don't decrease the ride on the car. Also my example is from being inside my friends car with just that mod SWAY BAR. that is why i believe is because i sat there and i thought i was going to die.
Sorry to jump in, but you don't seem to understand how sway bars work. Just read carefully the previous post - they DO worsen the ride on bad roads. A thicker sway bar makes the suspension less independent side to side - for example, if you hit a pothole with your left wheel, the jolt will be transferred by a thicker bar to the right side to a much greater extent and will be more pronounced. On a smooth highway or when going over a speed bump - when equal force is applied to both wheels on the same axle - there will be no difference. But under normal, real life conditions you will definitely notice their effect on the ride.
Old 05-30-2002, 08:25 PM
MBworld Guru

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
white and whiter
Originally posted by omgitsroy326
c240 sedan... she got yesteday opal blk
congrats on your girl's new ride

can't give you much comments on the sway bar thingy...

if you change the H & R cup kit it will definitely improve the car's handling ability.

i wouldn't go too big with the rims on the C240 because the 2.4 V6 does not have a lot of power like the 3.2 V6. bigger the rims are it would just slow the car down.

BTW where did your girlfriend bought her car?....where exactly are you in Sol Cal? just wondering...hehe (PM me)
Old 05-30-2002, 08:26 PM
Almost a Member!

2000 Accord
i'll take your word for that vadim. What you are saying does make sense. As for taking corners it makes a huge difference.
Old 05-31-2002, 03:13 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
GL450, Sienna SE
This is not a HONDA. Remember. German cars handle much better than any HONDA minus TypeR, NSX and such. I have a civic, my friends have integras, preludes, accords, etc. and you cant compare the chasis of a HONDA to a MB. Hondas flex like crazy. You need strut bars and such on a Honda because it flexes so much. You can feel it flex so easily. A german car comes with decent sway bars and have a much more better type of suspension. BTW for people who dont know, sway bars are used to lessen lean, and promotes better turning response. If you put a thick sway bar in the back it causes it to oversteer more and you can drift easier. It does help out but for a normal driver its not that necessary. Is your GF gonna SCCA race? If so then get it.

ALso, 19" is not that bad. You should not rub and if you do just roll your fenders. Its fine and just stick to 225-235 in the front and 245-265 in the rear and its fine. Tien doesnt make any coilovers for W203 MBs. Only coilover systems are H&R (due anytime) and KW. KW has a kit and I should have mine in sometime very soon. KW has 2 or 3 different type of kits. Kit1 is just height control, kit2 is ride and height control. Kit3 is some race type where it has height, ride, and rebound control. Obviously thats gonna be the craziest. Hehe.
Old 05-31-2002, 11:27 AM

2012 GL350
If you want swaybars, just cruise over to www.renntechmercedes.com . They have them in stock.
Old 05-31-2002, 12:19 PM
AWE
Almost a Member!

Originally posted by Mach430 and
by sdcaclint :
if you want performance as well as good looks, i recomend the H&R CupKit. it runs around $900. as you know when you lower a car and put higher rate springs on, you need to replace the shocks accordingly. if you don't, your stock shocks will wear at an accelerated rate, and your ride will be slugish. the CupKit is a matched shock and spring. i have also herd great things about the bilstein shocks. check www.autowerksexpress.com that is where i got mine.

Be wary about buying products from unauthorized dealers. H&R products come with a full warranty when purchased from an H&R authorized dealer. However, there are no guarantees, and in no way does H&R stand behind any products sold through a non-authorized dealer. Yes, in many cases, you get a lower price. But they fail to mention that it is because you are not paying for any of the quality control issues that H&R offers with their products.

If you purchase from an AUTHORIZED dealer (and there are many) you will have a warranty and will have FULL factory support. Purchasing from a company that is not an authorized dealer will not give you these benefits. You all can call Roger, Steve or Roland at H&R (888.827.8881) to verify this. I know I would not buy something like this from anyone less then an authorized dealer who could stand behind the product and give me the piece of mind that my $40K or $50K or more MB was in good hands!

Thanks,

Ben
Gosh! I am really surprised to see this post, and I hope that Ben or Brad of Evosport meant well.

But since our company seems to be the target of this response in a negative fashion, allow me to help clarify as follows:

1) Authorized Dealers are dealers that purchase DIRECTLY from the manufacturer or importer - in this case, H&R.

2) There are only 3 prominent Authorized Dealers in the Southern California for H&R Springs, that can supply "jobbers" or installers with the parts and the technical support needed-

a) Wheelpower - German and Euro Vehicles
b) Options - Japanese and Domestic
c) Howbar - Off Road and Sport Utilities

3) Authorized Dealers are business entities that typically warehouse a company's line of products for immediate distribution.

4) If you call H&R and inquire about where you can buy a set of springs in the general area of Southern California, chances are you will be directed to one of the Authorized Dealers for further assistance.

And for all other H&R retailers and in my company's defense - Evosport's claim that we are NOT an Authorized Dealer for H&R Springs is accurate, but we are supported by their Authorized Dealer network nevertheless.

randall@autowerksexpress.com
Old 05-31-2002, 01:21 PM
Almost a Member!

2000 Accord
BrabusCClass: You know thisis the main reason why i didn't really want to come on this board. I won't say all because some people here are really cool, but people like you typical rich people that think that they are on top of the world.

I really dind't mean disrespect to anyone when comming in here. I know how german cars handle, that's what i love about 'em. I would of died once if it wasn't for a german car when my dumb friend pulled the E break on a curve and almost slammed into two cars. It was like Initial D in real life. It's great to know that you've driven a honda and i think we've both established that accords suck. I got stuck with this car cause my parents and i weren't gettin along when i got this car. They str8 up got me a slow 150 hp auto crappy car.

Would it be easier for you BrabusCClass if on my signature that i put "HAVE DRIVEN GERMAN CAR" would that make you feel a little better and give a little more respect.
Old 05-31-2002, 02:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

GL450, Sienna SE
Look you tell me
but people like you typical rich people that think that they are on top of the world
yet I didnt tell you that your car sucked. I dont bash on Hondas and I dont know what you are smokin. I never said I was on top of the world and you THINK i am typical rich people. Think whatever you want but I worked HARD to get my car the way it is. I have a lot of SPONSORS and I worked HARD to get them. Before you prejudge someone, 1st read the THREAD CORRECTLY. I TOLD YOU THE CHASIS FLEXES AND ANY PERSON WHO KNOWS ABOUT CARS WILL TELL YOU THAT HONDAS FLEX. YOU CANNOT COMPARE IT TO A MB. I DRIVE A HONDA CIVIC AND HAVE DRIVEN A LOT OF HONDAS. I HAD A 96 ACCORD V6 AND IT STILL FLEXED.

You think I got problems, think again. You are the one that is insulting me personally. So what if my signature is BRABUSCCLASS. Also, for your information not ALL cars come with anti sway bars. LX Accords dont have them in the back, nor to DX civic, and a lot of cars. Ive been in the automotive industry for almost 10 years and know my stuff.

You should also he thankful your parents got you a car. Not everyone is that fortunate. Im not as lucky as you. I get no free cars. You must be young and thats why you act like the way you do. Respect? LOL! Whatever, I just answered your questions. You are the one that shows no respect.
Old 05-31-2002, 02:28 PM

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
2003 BMW 540iT, 2019 BMW X3m40i, 2001 BMW 325i, 1999 C230K Sport
Cool Congrats on your gf's new C240

Why don't you just leave the car stock...or better yet just take the car out for a few days and bring it back and tell her you modded it...lol, she'll never know the difference hehehehe. "The Placebo effect" hehehehe.

Is her C240 a manual?

Dang, your girlfriend looks hot!!! Growwwwl props to you man.
Do you guys live near Montebello?
Old 05-31-2002, 02:48 PM
Almost a Member!

2000 Accord
BrabusCClass : You have to correct yourself. I said it wrong they forced me to buy the car and emptied my account to put the down. And there after i made the monthly payments. Kind of sucks since i had a Legend before and they gave me an accord. You know what a legend is don't you. Do you have some respect for that? or for anything.

I hope i didn't offend anyone in this board. I would like to say that a lot of people except for a very small portion of the whole is really coo.

Goldeni245: I actually work in Pasadena at Prudential Securities so if you want to finance your money i'll direct you to the Vice President here (i'm intern do ****ty work), SMC for college(my last semester), and live in hacienda hts. My gf is in Arcadia. So you could say we're in your area. I guess i pass by your area everday.

Placebo effect yea works on most people, but she's pretty sharp. Really smart, she got accepted to MIT and Harward and other ivy. She's a nerd actually. She's going to UCLA and was going to SC. She didn't like SC becauase too many rich guys that think money is everything.

A guy came up to her and said "I drive a Ferrari, you wanna go out for lunch."

To her it's a turn off. I would be like hell yea i'll be gay for a day.
Old 05-31-2002, 03:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

GL450, Sienna SE

Last edited by BrabusCClass; 05-31-2002 at 03:32 PM.
Old 05-31-2002, 03:22 PM
Almost a Member!

2000 Accord
i really dind't bother to read. I respect everyone else in here. I could care less about you. You seems like this guy who goes by the name of d-nice on the superhonda board. I really don't want to bother with this anymore. I relly don't think tha tyou are 16 or something, so i don't think you would like to continue this furthur.
Old 05-31-2002, 03:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

GL450, Sienna SE
I use this screename on Honda-tech and Honda-acura forums.

Last edited by BrabusCClass; 05-31-2002 at 03:36 PM.
Old 05-31-2002, 03:35 PM
Almost a Member!

2000 Accord
friend or foe brabus? i really don't want to hate anyone
Old 05-31-2002, 03:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

GL450, Sienna SE
LOL. Thats a funny way to put it.
Old 05-31-2002, 03:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2002 C230 K
I see that we are not going to solve this argument with our knowledge of the Force...

Cheers, BT

Last edited by trench; 05-31-2002 at 04:09 PM.
Old 05-31-2002, 04:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

1996 C36 AMG, 1995 Volvo 850 Turbowagon
hahaha...*wave of hand* u will not give me a ticket, officer...

i actually like the handling on the new accords with those humongous 27mm front sways (which probably tells u something, that it requires such a large factory sway bar), not too shabby for something under 20k...double wishbone baby...something mb decided to take out of the c-class...oh well.
Old 05-31-2002, 04:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

GL450, Sienna SE
I see that we are not going to solve this arguement with our knowledge of the Force...
Ahaahah.
Old 05-31-2002, 04:08 PM

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
2003 BMW 540iT, 2019 BMW X3m40i, 2001 BMW 325i, 1999 C230K Sport
Sup Roy!

Heh, i don't live in Montebello, but i used to.

LOL, i go to St. Mary's College High School in Berkeley. I'm having my graduation at St. Mary's College this Sunday! Wow...what a small world.
Old 05-31-2002, 04:44 PM

2001 C240
roy...

i've got C240, auto, H&R springs, 18"s. i could use a sway bar too, but to be honest, I bought the car because I wanted a nice, comfortable sport sedan (more sedan than sport). I sported it with the springs and rims. It's adequate.

My point is, a C240 is not going to compete on the track with an M3, 330, S4, or even an 1.8A4 w/1.0 chip. You can modify the entire suspension to your heart's desire, but it still wont be all that as a whole. You'll corner well, but you won't accelerate in and out of a corner any faster than any of the above cars.

Enjoy the car for what it is does good. MBZ looks, quality, and just the way the doors shut tight. Not to mention, your pretty girlfriend would look even prettier driving an MBZ.
Old 05-31-2002, 08:19 PM
Almost a Member!

2000 Accord
Goldeni245: Congrats on your graduation ; it must feel good to graduate.

BrabusCClass: Too much pride to say anything? it's koo

trench : U just funny

spindrome: Yea, i understand what you are saying. But there are times when you are on the freeway and you have to swerve really quick. Sways will give you a quicker response. If there's a firestone comming right at you you want to just move really quick and not damage your bumper.

I know the Sedan 240 isn't that fast i think it's a little slower than the V6 accord. But's it's a benz it's nice.
Old 05-31-2002, 09:11 PM

W203
can't everyone just get along!! he he
Old 05-31-2002, 09:20 PM
Almost a Member!

2000 Accord
haha... it was kind of fun... hey C Class.... i'm on the other side of the hill ... Hacienda hts.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Suspension question H&R and sways