C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

interior grab handle/pull handle replacement on the Coupe

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-13-2024, 04:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W201
interior grab handle/pull handle replacement on the Coupe

Dear All,

I have a 2004 pre-facelift Coupe. I want to replace the interior grab handles (pull handles) on the doors but I'm unable take them off. Actually I don't have the replacement grab handles yet. I have idea what the part number would be, but I want to check for sure and get the color code as well before I order new ones (if I can get them at all...).

Door panel removing is OK, that is covered. But removing, replacing the handle... there are videos and threads about how to do it on the Sedan, but the Coupe is different. I've removed some screws from the handle, but one still holds it in place (at the lower, thicker end of it). And the head of that screw is not accessible. I have a suspicion that the handle itself might have to be taken apart. W203 Sedan owners has to take off the "cover" of the handle when they want to remove the door card. On the Coupe there's no need for that. But maybe you can do and supposed to do that on the Coupe too, if you want to separate the handle from the door panel? Can someone confirm this is the case?

I'm worried about trying to take off the handle cover without knowing that it's designed for that. It is very prone the scratches and damages. I've tried it quite gently with plastic trim removal tools but still did some damage to it, without sign of any success (it didn't look like it would come apart). I don't want to break it or damage it further because I may not be able to get new ones. I need to know that it is the genuine way of the handle removal...

Can someone tell the secret?
Old 05-16-2024, 10:55 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2002 mercedes c230 kompressor
on my 2002 c230 that last screw was under a little plastic plug directly under the end of the handle kinda in the part that you cant see from a normal seated position. check there for it and whatever you do dont pull hard because the absolute buffon who had my car before me just ripped it off and broke it