C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Phone Bluetooth connection

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-22-2024, 09:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 C350 4MATIC
Phone Bluetooth connection

Hello. I have a 2006 C350 that I am looking to get Bluetooth parts from a junkyard to talk handsfree with my phone through the command unit. I see postings that from 2006 and up, these cars had some bluetooth wiring done at the factory, but they did not go all the way to give all the needed components.

I have a center console that has two compartments, with the upper compartment that is built within the top lid and when you open this smaller upper compartment, it has a false floor like the images in this post below:
https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w...ped-phone.html

There is a thick wire bundle that comes form deep in the console and ends up going up into the false floor of the upper compartment. I cannot figure out how to lift up the false floor and see if the wire going in there is a dead-end or if it terminates into a cradle/connector harness for the puck that might be already pre-installed in there. Here are my questions before I start buying parts that I may not be able to return for a refund.

- I need to remove the darn false floor and see if the cradle/connector for the puck is under there. How do I lift the false floor without breaking it?
- I then need to figure out if the cradle/connector harness is in there of if I need to buy it
- I would then need to buy a used puck to fit my car, probably the B67876161
- Is a microphone already pre-installed from the factory in the roof lining to make the handsfree feature work? Or. do I need to install a microphone too?
- Do I need to mess with any of the electronic boxes located inside the trunk in any way?
- Is there anything else I may need that I am not including above?

Sorry for all the questions, but I never found a good how-to for this car over the years so I just put this project aside. Also, here is an ebay listing that shows both the cradle/connector harness and the puck that I will probably need.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/325774946856