C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

2007 c230 sport timing chain tranny pump intake flap

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-24-2024, 02:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 mercedes ç230 sport
2007 c230 sport timing chain tranny pump intake flap

My vin is WDBRF52H87F927808. Im wondering if that is the part of 07 model year where they had the balance shaft sprocket wear that skips a timing tooth....also if its with the trans pump issues that wear out the bearing. Annnnd if it has the intake flap problem. Entertaining buying this car if it is one in late 07 where these three problems were solved ??
Old 06-25-2024, 01:17 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C230 V6 SportCoupe 2007 swapped to M272E35
You can check with your engine number, IIRC the affected engines were up to 30468993, so your engine (30595599) shouldn't be affected, a mechanic can check timing with just removing the sensors on the front, pretty easy to check if on any doubts. Regarding the intake flap problem, it seems we are at the age of these cars where all the intakes are going out, I personally changed mine to the plastic one from the slk without flaps, but it is on the edge of expensive, not the intake perse but the other stuff that you have to change. Now, that is what I did, but I work with a shop close by to whom I do the repros and coding, and they come up with a way of opening the manifold, the leave the runners long fixed (losing low end torque, so engine performs better on the mid / upper range), and I do repro and change the coding their ECUs to work like with a fixed intake manifold and no flappers. On my GLK I changed the manifold to a pierburg OEM one. Having experienced the three scenarios, I would either go Pierburg or work the intake manifold to work as a fixed one, the plastic one is cool but turns into the expensive edge as you need also the TB from the SLK which is a bit bigger, or build an adapter for yours, the problem with the adapter that assuming you can do it with as little as 5mm steel it will be already enough to bother you with the alignment of the filter box.
Old 06-25-2024, 07:14 AM

2007 mercedes ç230 sport
I get how to take the camshaft position sensors off and crank to 305° and look for the stampings. Is it just a foregone conclusion that the intake flaps are going to be broken and eventually fall into the intake and Destroy things? Is it any good to reach down and feel if the Armature is tight or loose or whatever? What about the thing about the tranny having bearing problems because of the pump issue? I can't imagine changing the intake on this thing so if the intake flap is going to be an inevitable issue I should just pass on this
Old 06-25-2024, 07:17 AM

2007 mercedes ç230 sport
So you are saying that my engine number indicates that by that time they had changed the timing chain sprocket so that it should not be the one that wears out?
Old 06-25-2024, 09:47 AM

2007 mercedes ç230 sport
Some guys say the transmission.pump lets the bearing run a bit lean and thus wear out prematurely, indicated by a whine while engaged. Is this car beyond that problem, as in did they address/correct that before my engine here?

if i just dont do anything about the intake flap, what will happen?
Old 06-28-2024, 01:57 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2007 C230
Originally Posted by Bert whitaker
Some guys say the transmission.pump lets the bearing run a bit lean and thus wear out prematurely, indicated by a whine while engaged. Is this car beyond that problem, as in did they address/correct that before my engine here?

if i just dont do anything about the intake flap, what will happen?
You can check the intake flaps by manually moving the flaps from near the vacuum motors in the front of the engine. If they move freely they should be OK. Also the plastic linkage breaks and tou can see where its broken by looking at it. If you leave it broken it will work fine. Mine worked for 100k stuck closed because I did not want to pay $1200 for an intake replacement. Eventually the manifold cracked and I had a bad vacuum leak. Bought a replacement from Amazon for about $200 and replaced it myself. Not a very hard job.