C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Question about C320 door disconnect

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-01-2024, 10:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C320
Question about C320 door disconnect

Hey all,

I want to remove the doors of my C320 sedan to do some DIY on them (repair rust spots), and I was wondering if there's any kind of plug I can access that connects the doors' electronics to the wiring of the vehicle if I slide the rubber sleeve off to get to the wires. I don't want to have to remove each inner door panel, drill out rivets and whatever else I need to do in order to separate things because unplugging and then unscrewing from the car's body is much more practical.

Regards,

Mike
Old 07-02-2024, 12:02 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 208 Likes on 199 Posts
2003 C230K Coupe Orion Blue
Off the top of my head, it may be possible. Talking about the doors of a coupe here, so take it as you will.

You'll still have to remove the internal trim (the large piece with the handle). The foam layer behind it is only held in place by adhesive at the edges. This can be easily pulled back like a large sticker. To fully remove the sheet, the airbags will have to be drilled out. However, if all you need is access to the inside of the sheet metal, peeling the foam will be enough.

Each door has a module from which the door plugs into. From there, another set of wires connects what appears to be the door module to the various bits such as the mirror, lock, and airbag. Here is a photo (foam removed, airbag rivets drilled out) for your reference. The sedan I imagine will be very similar. Unfortunately this is the only photo I have. I can't tell if the window regulator is connected the same way. However, it would make sense from an assembly perspective.

Last edited by slammer111; 07-02-2024 at 12:07 AM.
Old 07-02-2024, 10:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C320
Okay cool, thanks for getting back to me. Yeah I was worried about drilling out rivets and removing this and that etc. when all I was hoping for would be a "simple" slide the sleeve down, pull the wires out to access a connector, unplug connector and then unscrew door from the door jamb; then do the reverse to get it back on and connected.