C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Cassette Adaptor for XM Roady2

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-22-2004, 12:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 C230 Kompressor Sedan
Cassette Adaptor for XM Roady2

I picked up an XM Roady2 last week and while the FM wireless tranmitters works pretty well, the Cassette Adaptor will provide much better reception. My problem is with the standard head unit, the cassette player is behind the dial. The wire from the cassette adaptor provided in the Roady is too thick to use. Has anyone had and experience with other cassette adaptors that work.

I would love to have an AUX input, but with my standard radio on a 2003 C230, i don't have that option, and I am not up to modifying the radio to solder in the aux input.

For those of you with antenna questions about where to mount them.... I mounted mine on the dashboard as close to the window as I could on the metal grill and ran the wire around the base of the windshield, down the post, and through the glove box. I am not hung up on having to have every wire concealed. I got past that 30 years ago.
Thanks in advance for any ideas you have. Hopefully, I won't get the "search the forums" response, since I already did that.
Old 11-22-2004, 05:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
You can have AUX input with the standard cassette radio. I have the link to instructions on my website. It does involve a soldering iron so it's not for everyone but it will give you the best sound quality. I had the standard CD radio (Audio 10) and couldn't do that mod but I was very happy with the hard wired FM modulator from Delphi.
Old 11-23-2004, 07:37 AM

Originally Posted by Buellwinkle
You can have AUX input with the standard cassette radio. I have the link to instructions on my website. It does involve a soldering iron so it's not for everyone but it will give you the best sound quality. I had the standard CD radio (Audio 10) and couldn't do that mod but I was very happy with the hard wired FM modulator from Delphi.
Thanks for the response. Do you get any frequency static, like the station assigned to the frequency, trying to bleed through? I had an hard wired FM modulator on a CD changer about 10 years ago, and it worked fine, but the radio dial wasn't as crowded as it is today.
Old 11-23-2004, 11:22 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
No problems whatsever with the FM mod, worked great and I live/work in a very dense area. It's not at all like the built in wireless transmitter. When I hooked up the Roady to aux-in on my Comand it didn't really sound that much better.
Old 12-01-2004, 02:42 PM

I found a solution to my cassette adaptor. Last night I purchased a SkyFi2 for my son, and the Cassette adaptor in the SkyFi2 has a much thinner ribbon type cable. I swapped adaptors with him and now the dial will close and open just like it was not there. I couldn't believe the sound improvement of the FM Modulator.