C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

c240 throttle weirdness

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-13-2024 | 11:57 PM

c240 2003 4matic
c240 throttle weirdness

Hello!

I have been having the same two issues driving me nuts for months now!
My left turn signal stopped cancelling, i thought no big deal, just replace the stalk, boom, did that, everything worked great, awesome! Well, then a month later it stops again, so I replace it again, and it still dosnt work! The left side just wont cancel no matter what I do, I tried tightening the screws loosening, etc. The only way I can get it so cancel is if I put the steering wheel posisiton at the lowest and most inward setting, then it cancels everytime. Just a note that I can hear the "tick" of it trying to cancel everytime. After replacing it the first time ive been stuck with a nasty esp light that just wont give. And the second issue is my throttle, I know this thing was never meant to be fast but sometimes it will take 3-4 seconds before it really picks up, making it so I need to floor it at basically every red light or stop sign. It doesn't shake, rumble, ticket, nothing like that, and rides and rpm's like a dream after the initial start issue.
Old 09-14-2024 | 06:54 PM

90 VW Corrado g60, 07 New Beetle Vert triple white & 09 Escalade ESV Plat LOL!
Welcome from SoCal!

Other issues also occurring which may or may not be related from recent post …

Originally Posted by Masonator
Hello!

I have just gotten my first car, A 2003 Mercedes C240 4matic, my neighbour gave it to me as a present. It seems to be immaculate condition, the interior is pristine, all the electronics and ac, work, etc. He says he has maintained it very well, and it shows. However, I am having a bit of a weird transmission issue. On occasion it struggles to shift up, usually from 1-2, but will kick right into gear if I floor it. There's no clunking, banging, reverse works great, no noises at all. It doesn't happen anymore frequent whether the car is hot, warm, when I just get in, etc. It really is completely random. Some days it'll happen all day, others not at all! It is worth noting my ESP light is on, but that has been on ever since I unplugged the battery last week to check my transmission fluid "which looks great" I also took it to a shop and they said the fluid looks great as well. They said they could flush it, but another place I called said they wouldn't bother flushing and that it will "likely need an entirely new transmission" Keep in mind they haven't even seen nor looked at the car yet so I'm not sure how he made that recommendation. The car has 125k miles, and a fresh full synthetic oil change, alignment, balance, and tires. Please let me know where I should start!

Last edited by Petethepug; 09-14-2024 at 06:57 PM.