C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Look at the goodies I got from Steve...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-02-2004, 02:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
'19 GLC 300, '19 TM3SR+
Originally Posted by MARK CUMMINS
Its Plug and Play...UK Left Mirror Glass..
Mark, was you right mirror also prewired for autodimming or did you have to put new wires for that? I know for a fact that mine was not (although the car has all power/memory options available) - I can even post pictures.
Old 12-02-2004, 05:49 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
some slow@$$diesels
Originally Posted by vadim
Mark, was you right mirror also prewired for autodimming or did you have to put new wires for that? I know for a fact that mine was not (although the car has all power/memory options available) - I can even post pictures.
It is NOT plug n play...IF the car has mamory seats, the dor control module supports the dimming feature on the pass side as well.
The DIFFICULT part is getting the connector that plugs into the back of the dimming glass...wiring up that plug is not too difficult (on non power folding mirrors).
The EXPENSIVE part is getting the (convex) shaped auto dimming pass side glass...but as there are already a few forum members who received one of those in the past from me...therecertainly are some more of those available...but without the connector that is needed in the mirror...

Regardless what WIS sais...you can't go with everything that is written in WIS...according to WIS the TV tuner for the W209 has a D2B connection
Some control modules require the dimming feature to be activated through stardiagnose...some just don't support the dimming feature...some do not require any activation...but all need to be wired up from glass to door control module.

greetingz,
Old 12-02-2004, 07:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'19 GLC 300, '19 TM3SR+
Thanks, Steve! The only reliable source No wonder MB technicians are oftentimes so clueless if WIS is so badly off... Just hope they didn't mess the CTEL wiring diagram.
Old 12-02-2004, 11:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

GL320CDI / C63 Edition 507 Coupe (EDP) / E63 S (on order) / G500 / Smart Brabus
Originally Posted by MBenzNL
Regardless what WIS sais...you can't go with everything that is written in WIS...according to WIS the TV tuner for the W209 has a D2B connection
Yay, WIS... just like how the phone wiring is basically incorrect. Or some of the other things we've run into...

-s-