C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Look at the goodies I got from Steve...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-27-2004, 01:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004.5 230K
Look at the goodies I got from Steve...

Special thanks to Steve, Wanda, and the guys from the Midwest.

As expected it was another successful install for the Midwest leg (Nov 22 - 25) of Steve's U.S. tour as Chicago became the host for 7 MB's. For me it was the second time this year I had an opportunity to see Steve, the first one being over the summer for euro command/tv tuner and '05 blinkers.

This time around, Steve brought some more goodies; '05 shifter, convex mirrors, power folding mirrors, and front/rear parktronic. As typical of Steve, his exceptional workmanship was just amazing to watch. I've worked with a few very detailed oriented technicians/installers in the past but compared to Steve, he blows them away when it comes to quality and personal committment to doing it right the first time. I could see that Steve takes a lot of pride in his work and from that, his reputation follows. Steve and I made a deal, I told him from now on no one will touch my car except for him. The local MB dealer would only be there to perform the regualr maintenance services.

The only snag we encountered was the climatronic, of which Steve brought 3 this time and did not work with my 04.5 C230K sedan. Including the past summer, we've tried 5 different climatronics all to no avail. I was happy for John in which the one climatronic worked fine for his C230K coupe. Steve will bring over another climatronic in the spring to see if that would work. Honestly, that's the only interior option I'm still missing.

The parktronic install was by far the most interesting install to observe and somewhat assist (Steve had everything under control). As it was a bit hairy to see the car completely apart, I knew Steve would be able to put it back together probably with his eyes closed. Too bad my order for the AMG bodykit didn't come in at this time, since the bumper was removed, this would have been the perfect time to get them installed.

As for the goodies, love the power folding mirrors. My garage is very tight as it is and with the addition of this option, it makes it much easier. You may think, how does a few inches make a difference, after seeing my garage, every inch counts. Plus, I just like the feature overall, can't wait to show this off to my local dealer, they'll just freak out.

The convex mirrors came in handy as changing lanes are much easier now. Can't believe these weren't offered to begin with, what was the U.S. thinking of? Plus, these convex mirrors look a lot better than those aftermarket stick on's, you know what I'm talking about, those round mirror "thingys."

The shifter is the perfect fit to finish my interior. I really hated that dull black shifter that came with the C230K sport sedan model, now with this one, there's just enough chrome trim to make it more noticeable, plus I like the MB star, very classic looking. Just need to climatrionic now.

Last but not least, the parktronic. As mentioned above about my tight garage, this along with the folding mirrors is a great functional option. I can't believe how accurate this thing is. I'm now confident anywhere I go to park, I'll be rest assured that I won't bump into anything. I guess I won't need those 75lbs sand bags as stoppers anymore. Plus, that extra-extra display is a cool conversation piece for my new passengers, as they ask "What's that?" Anytime, I see the parktronic display light up, I'm reminded that I have an option that is not offered in the U.S. and is one in a limited number of cars here in the U.S. If any are interested, especially for those in tight parking situations, Steve's your man. You won't be disappointed with this option.

As the installs began to wrap up, Steve and I made an attempt to my local dealer to showoff the goodies and to help solicit future installs but unfortunately, the weather on this particular day was just awful as it snowed unbelievely, got about 5" of snow. Steve got his first hand experience of Chicago winters, and this is just the start. To drive back from the dealer, it took us about an hour to drive 5 miles. We got stuck on my driveway, which gave Steve an opportunity to exercise (shoveling that snow) -sorry about that Steve, just remember not to come to the midwest during the winter season. As I drove him back to the airport the next day, I know he was looking forward to California.

Lastly, for those new to MBenzNL or for you previous customers, there's is no one that can compare to Steve/MBenzNL. There's no need for any hesitation, you'll be assurred that the job will be done with the utmost workmanship and the best quality out there, Steve's work will actually surpass your own expectations. There's no need for hesitation, as long as you are willing to wait until Steve can make it back to the U.S., you'll know that it will be done right. Based on my own experience and confidence in Steve, I'm willing to wait as I already have him targeted for a spring install of several other goodies. As many others here can contest, Steve's your man! Not to forget, Wanda (BigSis) is great also, they both make a great team. Wanda will always keep you updated, she does an awesome job!

Here's some pics to enjoy.

'05 shifter, I especially like the black on black (I know I need climatronic).

Steve himself working on the front parktronic sensors (nice sweatshirt).

Front parktronic display.

Rear parktronic display in action.

Folding mirror and convex mirror.

Rear bumper sensors.

Everything fits in the garage perfectly.

What's next: before Steve's next visit I will get the following...
(1) Winter tires, definitely need for Chicago. You may ask why I don't just drive the H2, well I need to be confident my C230K can handle the winter in case it is needed. Plus, it's a lot more fuel efficient than 9 miles per gallon in a Hummer H2.

(2) AMG bodykit from Harris, on order and hopefully on it's way to Chicago. Can't wait to get that on, that'll complete the exterior look.

(3) 19" rims, not sure which style yet but either way with winter just around the corner, that'll be put on in the spring anyways.

Just wanted to share my recent MBenzNL experience, hope you enjoyed. Steve, good luck with the rest of the installs. Wanda, thanks again. And to everyone else, happy holidays.

...Regards, ECruz
Old 11-27-2004, 01:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 C320wz
cool. whoa you parked so close to the humvee. aren't you afraid of getting door dents ?
Old 11-27-2004, 03:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'01 C320 || '14 Honda Pilot EX-L
I am extremely happy that the Climatronic worked too!! With the COMAND that really completes the dash. All that I need now is to find a way to add the ambient lighting to the rearview like in the '05's. I am ready to have more installed, but Steve really lightened the wallet last week! I am going for the shifter and the mirrors as well, but I think that I need my BIX first. Like ECruz said, the service was first rate, no regrets here.
Old 11-27-2004, 03:30 PM
Super Moderator

Received 58 Likes on 16 Posts
2019 GT3 RS, 2017 M3 30 Jahre
Nice, congrats!

Just out of curiosity, how long did Steve take to install all this?
Old 11-27-2004, 03:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
'19 GLC 300, '19 TM3SR+
Originally Posted by mick1
cool. whoa you parked so close to the humvee. aren't you afraid of getting door dents ?
This is not a HumVee - Hummer H2, has nothing in common with HumVee, which is the original army vehicle.
Old 11-27-2004, 03:51 PM

2004.5 230K
(1) Your parking skills greatly improved when have tight circumstances to deal with. As for dings, I'm actually one of those guys that will park very very very far away in parking lots. I've got a big fear of door dings, don't want any.

(2) Since I was the host garage, my installs were done in between everyone else. Everything (shifter, folding mirrors, convex mirrors) installed relatively quick, obviously the parktronic took the longest. I'd guessed several hours for the whole deal. Interior was gutted for the wiring, had to feed wires through the dash for the front display, bumpers removed for wiring the sensors, etc. Parktronic is definitely a big job but after it all, is a great option, at least for me.

For you warmer climate guys, here's something you're glad you don't have. Here's a pic that Wednesday when Chicago got it's first snow fall, we had just pulled in the car to finish the parktronic install.

Old 11-27-2004, 04:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 C320wz
ok. now I got it. it's your garage

on first look, i thought it was a public garage and the H2 (sorry vadim) belonged to somebody's else.
Old 11-27-2004, 04:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 42 Posts
i drive them all, fast and hard
whats the difference in climatronic and the system that comes with the car?
Old 11-27-2004, 04:52 PM
Administrator

Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts
MPG+ ROLFCOPTER
Difference link
Old 11-27-2004, 05:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'09 911 C4S
Originally Posted by IL230K
(1) Your parking skills greatly improved when have tight circumstances to deal with. As for dings, I'm actually one of those guys that will park very very very far away in parking lots. I've got a big fear of door dings, don't want any.

(2) Since I was the host garage, my installs were done in between everyone else. Everything (shifter, folding mirrors, convex mirrors) installed relatively quick, obviously the parktronic took the longest. I'd guessed several hours for the whole deal. Interior was gutted for the wiring, had to feed wires through the dash for the front display, bumpers removed for wiring the sensors, etc. Parktronic is definitely a big job but after it all, is a great option, at least for me.

For you warmer climate guys, here's something you're glad you don't have. Here's a pic that Wednesday when Chicago got it's first snow fall, we had just pulled in the car to finish the parktronic install.

Hey Erwin,

It was nice meeting you Wednesday and sure enough it was a tough drive to down town Chicago after Steve installed the goodies. We got stuck on I-290 for over 2 hours and didn't make it to NoMI until almost 6:00pm! My wife has already started a new list for Steve to mod some more in the near future.
Old 11-27-2004, 05:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 42 Posts
i drive them all, fast and hard
what is this silly trial shacks link, it goes nowhere
Old 11-27-2004, 05:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
BANNED
Originally Posted by amdeutsch
Wise guy :p
Old 11-27-2004, 11:46 PM
Guest0001

Cool Steve is awesome. Impeccable work and great prices.
Old 11-27-2004, 11:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'09 911 C4S
My wife and I were amazed by his masterful skills and professionalism.
Old 11-28-2004, 10:07 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Nothing MB related (sorry)
Thanks for complimenting us, Erwin... but like I said before: we couldn't do the Chicago installs without you coordinating things as well!

Great to hear that things went great.

Greetingz,

BigSis
Old 11-28-2004, 12:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CL500
another great install by steve
Old 11-28-2004, 04:28 PM
Almost a Member!

Have a question for those of you who have had euro Comand installed by Steve.

I'm concerned that during routine service my MB dealer might eventually do something that will disable the great install Steve did on my euro spec Comand with DVD/TV with some software upgrade to North American version or something similar. Does anyone know if this is a possibility? Any know if there is a risk of this happening?

2003 E500

Thanks

dpaulyn
Old 11-28-2004, 06:37 PM

S63, 560SL
Hey Erwin!

If you have the pics you snapped on monday while steve was working on the car it would be great to see them!

Thanks mate!

fais
Old 11-28-2004, 06:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 96 Likes on 52 Posts
2015 E250D
I have had service done several times at the dealer with tv in motion. I usually hand the car to the service guy with TV on. They cannot do anything unless they manually go into the comand section of the DAS section and usually they would have not reason to do so. If you ever have a problem with comand, I would suggest you post your problem here or contact Steve first.
Old 11-28-2004, 07:43 PM
Almost a Member!

Thank you, Sunman . . . looks like I should have nothing to worry about in terms of the MB service somehow de-activating the TV/DVD in motion with a software upgrade or something.

dpaulyn
Old 11-29-2004, 09:35 AM

66 230S 111.010 02 G500 463
Erwin,

I never got to publicly thank you for providing a great location for Steve's installs. I had the G500 there during the summer for some version coding. I then had Steve send the tuner which I have since installed.

FYI - your garage is pimp. I'm so jealous. You should see my garage.....a dump in comparison.

Thanks again!

Dave
Old 11-29-2004, 12:58 PM

2004.5 230K
Not a problem Dave. Hope to you see you next year sometime for hopefully some new upgrades to your G-wagon. I have Steve on the hook for a few new goodies already. When he's in town next year stop by anyway, it'll be nice to see you again as with any of the other Midwest guys.
Old 11-29-2004, 01:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'01 C320 || '14 Honda Pilot EX-L
I have my spring '05 list all made up. I hate to hit the TV button on the COMAND and have nothing happen, so I might need to check into that.
Old 11-29-2004, 01:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 Citron Green C230KMT
gotta love the PTS. congrats. its one of my favorite mods!
Old 11-29-2004, 01:28 PM

2004.5 230K
John, go for the tv tuner you won't regret it. Comes in handy for me because of my long commute to work. This way, I get a chance to check out the news to/from work during my over 1 hour commute. You just need to remind yourself to LISTEN and NOT WATCH while you are driving, could be dangerous. It's great for your passengers.

Along with your the bi-xenon, put that next on your list.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Look at the goodies I got from Steve...