C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Mercedes Sport Compact Killer?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-18-2004, 07:58 AM
MBworld Guru

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
white and whiter
everything looks good until I saw the picture of the hood....no wait....I saw the HOOD FIRST!!! I would've gone for a Brabus style hood vent instead of a rice-wanna-be vent.
Old 12-18-2004, 10:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by FrankW
everything looks good until I saw the picture of the hood....no wait....I saw the HOOD FIRST!!! I would've gone for a Brabus style hood vent instead of a rice-wanna-be vent.
I agree that just a vent would've looked better, but if people read the thread, all three pages, he acknowledges that it is not everyone's taste, but his own, fact is that both the scope and the vent serve a function in this application, but we'll all oh and ah at C240's with brembo's, brabus, hoods, and even widebody kits... ugly or not, it is functional. Raising the lip of the vent area will bump the airstream up, pulling the hot air out of the engine bay...

Point being though that if you can read the thread, or if afterwards, you don't understand the magnitude of the work, maybe some of us should silence ourselves?
Old 12-19-2004, 12:01 AM
Almost a Member!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CLK55 Cab
I like it, even the hood scoop, if only to hide balance out the overwhelming rear of the coupe. Were those pictures taken at Morningside park? Not the most ideal place for a photo op is it? I live right around there as well.
Old 12-19-2004, 07:10 AM
MBworld Guru

white and whiter
Originally Posted by nukblazi
I agree that just a vent would've looked better, but if people read the thread, all three pages, he acknowledges that it is not everyone's taste, but his own, fact is that both the scope and the vent serve a function in this application, but we'll all oh and ah at C240's with brembo's, brabus, hoods, and even widebody kits... ugly or not, it is functional. Raising the lip of the vent area will bump the airstream up, pulling the hot air out of the engine bay...

Point being though that if you can read the thread, or if afterwards, you don't understand the magnitude of the work, maybe some of us should silence ourselves?
u should check out his thread about making his turbo and how it's not where he wants to be on performance as of now. who was commenting on the functionality anyway? we all know he wouldn't do that if it wasn't functional.
Old 12-19-2004, 01:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

u should check out his thread about making his turbo and how it's not where he wants to be on performance as of now. who was commenting on the functionality anyway? we all know he wouldn't do that if it wasn't functional.
????? I've read the other threadS. Did you somehow gloss over the point of my statement.
Old 12-19-2004, 07:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2002 C230 Coupe(M111)
What he said was he wanted MORE performance from the turbo setup. Who doesn't? That had nothing to do with the hood. As it stands he's way beyond even a pullied and chip Coupe.
Old 12-20-2004, 09:50 AM
MBworld Guru

white and whiter
????? I've read the other threadS. Did you somehow gloss over the point of my statement.
what was your point? people can't post comments on someone elses car?
Old 12-20-2004, 09:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

what was your point? people can't post comments on someone elses car?
How about if you can't say something nice don't say anything at all. But more importantly, if you don't like a fellow member of the community's efforts and dedication, let's try to moderate ourselves. The C-Class forum is by far the funniest to read, and the most immature. This forum has the greatest amount of misinformation, useless re-posts, and dumb@ss comments. To wit, "just another coupe with Rims"
Old 12-20-2004, 09:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2002 C230 Coupe(M111)
Or Just another C32 with rims and a painted grille.
Old 12-20-2004, 11:13 PM
MBworld Guru

white and whiter
How about if you can't say something nice don't say anything at all. But more importantly, if you don't like a fellow member of the community's efforts and dedication, let's try to moderate ourselves. The C-Class forum is by far the funniest to read, and the most immature. This forum has the greatest amount of misinformation, useless re-posts, and dumb@ss comments. To wit, "just another coupe with Rims"
apparently you are not aware of that this is a public forum and plus the FACT that he asked for comments. If you can't take it then leave. It's as simple as that.

I don't suppose he was looking for comments like "WOW! hood scoop, what a great job"
Old 12-20-2004, 11:14 PM
MBworld Guru

white and whiter
Originally Posted by Outland
Or Just another C32 with rims and a painted grille.
yes, that and bunch other crap I have on my car...
Old 12-20-2004, 11:56 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
2004 Civic Si. FWD for the Win!
apparently you are not aware of that this is a public forum and plus the FACT that he asked for comments. If you can't take it then leave. It's as simple as that.

I don't suppose he was looking for comments like "WOW! hood scoop, what a great job"
Sadly, Nuk, I have to agree with Frank; the guy asked for all comments. If he had asked for only comments about the performance improvements from people who knew their stuff, then you'd have a valid position (and very few comments! ), but as is, he opened himself up to these comments. He has already said that he doesn't care about comments on the hideous cosmetics, so I don't see any harm.
Old 12-22-2004, 01:18 AM

C230k Coupe
Unfortunately I have been away absent from the forum and unavailable to address some
of the many comments made. I must confess that I am a bit saddened by the hostile environment that I may have spawned. All initiated by my eagerness to share and offer real world alternatives and answers for many who may have only speculated about the possibilities of our cars. It is apparent that despite my efforts to lead first by example, the true values of my accomplishments have only proven to be fodder for those who would prefer senseless argument.

When I originally purchased my vehicle and scanned this forum, It became quickly evident that there was a sense of perpetual frustration regarding the limits of additional performance to be had. Further more the unwillingness of the major tuner entities to invest time, energy and money to provide a proven, acceptable and warranted solution to this problem.

Gentleman, my project was and is not intended to be the icon that represents the very best of everything to everyone. But to be the first steps toward what could be something formidable if taken seriously by those names (Kleeman, Renntech etc.) which you have all come to respect so dearly. As a Financial Planner I understand that clearly one of the primary issues here is economics, again my intent from day one was to ultimately create a
“Kit” of sorts that would make sense to those that wanted to maintain their c230k.

I have not yet provided the details of what this kit would cost, I have only hinted toward my time and expense(7-$8,000). This of course has been in prototype form which I’m sure you understand is generally much more costly than what would be final. But I must admit that at this point it really might not serve any good to work towards my intended end, as proven by some of your comments.

For those of you that have read my posts, followed my progress and appreciate what has been accomplished, thank you for your support.

-Speedwerx

Last edited by Speedwerx; 12-22-2004 at 01:24 AM.
Old 12-22-2004, 02:51 AM

E55

just another guy saying ****.

take this as a joke dude, chill!
Old 12-22-2004, 03:59 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E320
If you're gonna post your car on the net, you better be ready for criticism. It ain't about people being hostile, it's about people expressing their opinions, biased or not. If you can't take it don't post pics, period. Personally I think it looks funny.

With that said, it's your money and your car, if it floats your boat, enjoy it. Like they say, opinions are like aholes. Everybody's got one.
Old 12-22-2004, 05:08 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
2004 Civic Si. FWD for the Win!
Originally Posted by Speedwerx
Ok critique away but keep in mind that I’m not quite done.
All I can say is
Old 12-22-2004, 09:41 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 C230K Sport Coupe, 1986 190E 2.3
Originally Posted by Speedwerx
Unfortunately I have been away absent from the forum and unavailable to address some
of the many comments made. I must confess that I am a bit saddened by the hostile environment that I may have spawned. All initiated by my eagerness to share and offer real world alternatives and answers for many who may have only speculated about the possibilities of our cars. It is apparent that despite my efforts to lead first by example, the true values of my accomplishments have only proven to be fodder for those who would prefer senseless argument.

When I originally purchased my vehicle and scanned this forum, It became quickly evident that there was a sense of perpetual frustration regarding the limits of additional performance to be had. Further more the unwillingness of the major tuner entities to invest time, energy and money to provide a proven, acceptable and warranted solution to this problem.

Gentleman, my project was and is not intended to be the icon that represents the very best of everything to everyone. But to be the first steps toward what could be something formidable if taken seriously by those names (Kleeman, Renntech etc.) which you have all come to respect so dearly. As a Financial Planner I understand that clearly one of the primary issues here is economics, again my intent from day one was to ultimately create a
“Kit” of sorts that would make sense to those that wanted to maintain their c230k.

I have not yet provided the details of what this kit would cost, I have only hinted toward my time and expense(7-$8,000). This of course has been in prototype form which I’m sure you understand is generally much more costly than what would be final. But I must admit that at this point it really might not serve any good to work towards my intended end, as proven by some of your comments.

For those of you that have read my posts, followed my progress and appreciate what has been accomplished, thank you for your support.

-Speedwerx
I actually like what you have done. It is by far the most modding anyone has done to there Benz without buying a pre-made kit from the likes of Brabus, Kleemann and the sort!!!! Bravo for spending your money to mod your car and hopefully offer a kit that will help out others. I mean people are willing to spend over $10,000 for Kleemann SC on there 3.2's so why not spend $4-7 K on a turbo kit that could gain you over 100 Hp on the 2.3? Stock without the SC the 2.3 should be around 140Hp so you even if you dyno over 250Hp you have made a nice 110Hp gain for less than the Kleemann unit. Should you get 300Hp out of it then you are pushing a nice 160Hp gain. I personally do not like the look of the hood, but if it serves a function then so be it. Whomever buys the kit does not need to do that part if they do not want to. Maybe they do something else like the Brabus CV8 looking hood vents. All in all you did a great job and once it is final it should be even better. You have taken a Coupe and gave it the power it so dearly deserved in the US Market. Since we do not get the C32 Coupe's here. Don't give up man.
Old 12-22-2004, 08:29 PM
MBworld Guru

white and whiter
Originally Posted by mctwin2kman
I actually like what you have done. It is by far the most modding anyone has done to there Benz without buying a pre-made kit from the likes of Brabus, Kleemann and the sort!!!! Bravo for spending your money to mod your car and hopefully offer a kit that will help out others. I mean people are willing to spend over $10,000 for Kleemann SC on there 3.2's so why not spend $4-7 K on a turbo kit that could gain you over 100 Hp on the 2.3? Stock without the SC the 2.3 should be around 140Hp so you even if you dyno over 250Hp you have made a nice 110Hp gain for less than the Kleemann unit. Should you get 300Hp out of it then you are pushing a nice 160Hp gain. I personally do not like the look of the hood, but if it serves a function then so be it. Whomever buys the kit does not need to do that part if they do not want to. Maybe they do something else like the Brabus CV8 looking hood vents. All in all you did a great job and once it is final it should be even better. You have taken a Coupe and gave it the power it so dearly deserved in the US Market. Since we do not get the C32 Coupe's here. Don't give up man.
correction, that would be on this board. From the August meet in LA we have seen a CLK430 vert w/ custom vortek roots supercharger added to his car. That's not a pre-made kit either.

agree w/ the rest of the comments.
Old 12-22-2004, 11:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2002 C230 Coupe(M111)
CLK owners don't post here on the C-Class section with us lowlifes.

Being they have the most overpriced C-Classes, they have there own board
Old 12-22-2004, 11:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2002 C230 Coupe(M111)
Originally Posted by mctwin2kman
I agree. The only other guy around here who's willing to strike out on his own when he doesn't like the established tuner **** is Buellwinkle.