C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

I'm baaaaack!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-06-2004, 09:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm baaaaack!

Hi
I'm back! We sold our '02 C240 a little over a year ago, but I'm SERIOUSLY thinking about getting a black-on-black '05 C230K SS! I came back here to discuss it, but after over a week of waiting for responses for a lost password e-mail from the webmaster here, someone at another forum told me to sign up a new account with a (.) at the end of my user name. It worked! (is this site's software created by MB ). I'd still like to recover my password for my old user name "Jim Banville". So if someone can help me out with that, I'd be much appreciative!
Anyway, my plan is to order an '05 C230K SS, black w/ black leather inserts & w/ manual tranny. Our old C240 never left us stranded or gave us serious trouble, but it did have its share of electrical glitches. Adding in the fact that I consider myself a minimalist at heart, the only additional option (or what I like to call "a source for another problem") I'd really like to get is the rear fold-flat seats. That option is fairly low-tech . I've read too many stories about people's power seats losing memory and Xenon headlight's auto-leveling malfunctioning (we actually loved the super-bright halogen headlights in our C240! We've driven my friend's G35 coupe with Xenon's and don't like the bluish color, plus I don't think the headlight housing on the W203 'fits' the look of the Xenon projector beams, IMO). Even the rain-sensing wipers option on our old car seemed to have a mind of it's own. They never did what I wanted them to do. I don't even want a sunroof. The one in our C240 creaked, as does the one in our '04 Toyota Sequouia! That drives me crazy! So that's about it. We've found a dealer in GA. that will sell to us for $500 over invoice and requires a $1000 deposit to order the car just like we want it. A question - can I buy the home-link mirror (part of the sunroof package) and install it easily if I don't get it with the car?

thanks!
Jim (glad to be back!)
Old 12-06-2004, 10:50 AM
Administrator

Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts
MPG+ ROLFCOPTER
Welcome back Traitor. (j/k)

Sunman and AlBoston had a couple of threads regarding the mirror.
Old 12-06-2004, 11:06 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Mercedes-Benz
Originally Posted by amdeutsch
Welcome back Traitor. (j/k)

Sunman and AlBoston had a couple of threads regarding the mirror.
you'll spend more time and money if you get it after. Get the sunroof package, my 03 makes no noises. Hope your transmission doesn't leak when u get it... lots of others have.
Old 12-06-2004, 11:36 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 96 Likes on 52 Posts
2015 E250D
retrifitting a homelink mirror is NO problem at all. It is very simple to do and a direct plug in to the factory connector on the above domelight. Problem is finding one. I have seen it on ebay a few times though. Steve may have them also. 2005 mirrors are totally different from 2001-2004.5 though. The shape is different too. I have not tried to fit a 2001-2004.5 mirror on a 2005 model yet. I believe the plugs are different also but that can be changed eaisly.
Old 12-06-2004, 01:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
We may wind up getting the sunroof package, but I think it is a waste of money. First of all, I'm not a big fan of sunroofs. I'm no longer one of those "open-air" people. I prefer to ride with windows up and either A/c, heat or vent on. It stays pretty warm down here in Ga. most of the year. Secondly, the light coming in through the roof really isn't flattering for a bald head . Thirdly, every car I've ever owned with a sunroof HAS creaked at some point (usually when going over bumps in the road). The rear window sunshade is a waste because I plan on tinting the windows anyway, and I disliked my C240's rain sensing wipers so much I disconnected the circuit! The thing about that is that I think you get more intermitent settings with the standard wipers. The only thing I care for in that whole package is the auto-dimming driver's side and rearview mirrors with Homelink!
Another question - when ordering a car, can you ask the factory to NOT put the "C230 Kompressor" badges on the rear? It wasn't as easy to get all the adhesive off the rear of my old C240 when I debaged it, and I'd just as soon not create any scratches that need buffing out in the black paint of my brand new C230

Jim
Old 12-06-2004, 01:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Mercedes-Benz
doubtful on the no badges. The new nano paint is much more resistant to scratches however.