C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Order Tracking

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-02-2001, 04:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2016 C200
Unhappy Order Tracking

I ordered a C240 at the beginning of August from a franchised dealer in Germany on the basis that my car would ready in three months. A month later I phoned to get an update and was informed that the delivery date had changed to December. Just recently I was informed that car would not finish production until the end of January and would take another six weeks to ship from SA to Germany.

I cannot help feeling that the dealer was somewhat deceitful in estimating the initial delivery date, to secure my order. Since then, the salesmen have offered no explaination for the shifts. I was wondering if anyone has had any similar experience of this and if there is a credible way of tracking the order by myself

Thanks
Old 12-02-2001, 06:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2002 C240 6-spd (ret)
Sorry to hear about your delivery dilemma. I'm not sure how things work in the UK, but in the US, the dealer is connected w/ some M-B system at their desks which lets them sign on and check their orders. I had stopped by my dealer several times for updates. They also get an estimated build date. I would assume your dealer has this info also. I'm not sure there's a way for you to get the info yourself, but you might want to contact the sales manager and ask for more specific information. If you stop by they should be able to show you the information on their computer or a print out, or fax it to you, etc. Good luck.

BTW, here in Maryland, I ordered my C240 around June 15 and took delivery on August 14. The car was built in Germany. My dealer was able to speed up the order up front because they substituted my specs for an order they already had in the system. (They can make changes up until a certain point in the process.)
Old 12-03-2001, 03:06 PM

2016 C200
Thanks Mark,

I live in he UK but I ordered directly from a german dealer. Their english is not very good so the information I get from them is usually short and sweet. I'll request for a print out to be faxed and hopefully that will have more specific information. Can hard wait now for the day.

That was a very quick delivery for your factory order. I think the waiting times are getting longer by the day. My RHD is also coming from a different production line.