C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Loose balljoint connections in Bi-xenons

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-21-2004 | 11:41 PM

2003 C240
Loose balljoint connections in Bi-xenons

I just got my bi-xenons from Steve but the projector inside seems very loose.
I did a search and found out that it's most likely that the balljoint connections that are loose. Does anyone have specific details as to how I can fix this problem? BTW, Steve did an excellent job packing the bi-xenons but I guess they're really rough with these boxes during transit.

Thanks
Old 12-22-2004 | 03:08 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

GL320CDI / C63 Edition 507 Coupe (EDP) / E63 S (on order) / G500 / Smart Brabus
Originally Posted by polar240
I just got my bi-xenons from Steve but the projector inside seems very loose.
I did a search and found out that it's most likely that the balljoint connections that are loose. Does anyone have specific details as to how I can fix this problem? BTW, Steve did an excellent job packing the bi-xenons but I guess they're really rough with these boxes during transit.

Thanks
You can try popping the ball back in the socket. It takes quite a bit of pressure, though, and if you're not familiar with how much pressure, it is quite possible to break something. So... proceed at your own risk. If you think you are mechanically inclined, you can peer inside and figure out if it really is dislocated, and reset it.

-s-
Old 12-23-2004 | 03:15 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

some slow@$$diesels
Originally Posted by polar240
I did a search and found out that it's most likely that the balljoint connections that are loose.
Not very likely to happen as all bi xenons get shipped out with transportation support to prevent these balljoints from coming loose...
Most likely the adjustment rod popped out of the levelling motor after the lights have been aimed too high...
Have a look at the pictures I mailed you and check the lights...let me know what you come up with.

greetingz,