C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Brake question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-31-2004, 09:45 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C230K Coupe/Orion/C4/C5/CD/AMG Spoiler/V60/TeleAid, 2 MGB's
Brake question

Has anyone switched over to Raybestos QuietStop, EBC GreenStuff or ProStop ceramic brake pads?

I know a lot of you are sold on the Porterfield's, but I'm hoping for less dust from ceramic compounds.
Old 12-31-2004, 01:24 PM

C320 Coupe
Originally Posted by Rick
Has anyone switched over to Raybestos QuietStop, EBC GreenStuff or ProStop ceramic brake pads?

I know a lot of you are sold on the Porterfield's, but I'm hoping for less dust from ceramic compounds.
I'm using the Akebono Ceramic pads on my Chrysler T/C and they are excellent, good pedal feel and shorter stoping distances. The wheels stay cleaner than the car now too.
Old 01-01-2005, 07:31 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C230K Coupe/Orion/C4/C5/CD/AMG Spoiler/V60/TeleAid, 2 MGB's
Thanks for the info on Akebono...
I hadn't looked at those.

Everyone I talked to didn't have good things to say about EBC GreenStuff(including several "distributors"), The Raybestos QuietStops are really hard to find and ProStops have to be special ordered for MB's (seems they have to make them per order...nobody stocks them)... Others were considered, but again, hard to find or not available for MB's...Hawk, Satisfied and Bosch...

There's a lot of weirdness in brake pad manufacturers. I found that some companies only make front pads, others only make rear sets (?) for our fine German automobiles. One guy even said to use VW pads for the rear (wtf?)....I was stunned. I guess the effects of brake dust go beyond the ubiquitous dirty wheel.

So I broke down and did what I should have in the first place. I ordered a complete Porterfield R4S kit from www.formymercedes.com. His price is fair, and the guy I spoke to was informative and courteous, said I should have them within a week, and even wished me a happy new year (TireRack didn't do that....and Evo...ANSWER YOUR DAMNED PHONE).

Anyway, Happy New Year MBWorld....and I'll try to post pics and instructions after I install them.

Last edited by Rick; 01-01-2005 at 07:37 AM.