C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

MarkL, I just ordered my WeatherTech mats...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-03-2001, 05:00 PM
Admin Alumni

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
See Garage
Thumbs up MarkL, I just ordered my WeatherTech mats...

But DAMN, those puppies are expensive! I fretted over this for weeks. I followed Rick's advice and went to Walmart and K-Mart to look at the immitation mats. Yes, they LOOK as good as the WeatherTechs, but the "one-size-fits-all" sizing just won't fit my MB that well.

At one point, I thought about buying the fitted fronts from WeatherTech, and the $3.95/ea rear mats at Walmart, but the genuine imitation specials are 4 inches too long (front to back), and would require excessive trimming, and it would be my luck the tan color won't match the fronts, etc.

So, what the hell, it's Christmas... Nothing but the best for my Baby. Now to figure out how to break the news to my other Baby:

MB-BOB: "Gee, Honey, guess what I did today?"
Mrs. MB-BOB: "OK, what did you buy for that car, now?"
MB-BOB: (Gulp) "Uh, well, you get to use 'em, too..."
Mrs. MB-BOB: "Yea, Right! How much did it cost this time?"
MB-BOB: (Oh man, I am so busted!!!) "Would you like to go shopping tonight, dear? I can drive..." :o
Old 12-03-2001, 05:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2002 C240 6-spd (ret)
I think you'll be happy with them. After they're down for a few days, you don't look at them so much. Like I had said, I was thinking about trimming the passenger side but left it alone. I looked again the other day, and it isn't really that wide, just comes up to the tunnel.

I know what you mean about the "money hole", though I haven't spent too much. I just ordered some additional cleaning supplies (more P21S bodywork shampoo and I wanted to try the P21S wax in addition to the Blitz), but the box came when my wife wasn't home, so I wasn't busted . But, I'm expecting the Co-Pilot compass any day, so who knows. But, I did buy her a nice bracelet for our 14th anniversary last month, so that should hold me for a while!

Let me know how you like the mats when they arrive.
Old 12-03-2001, 07:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2002 C240 6-spd (ret)
One more thing...

I saved a couple of the pieces I trimmed off the rear mats to use as a sort of foot rest where one should be. I just tucked them under the edge of the mat on the left side and they usually stay put. I was thinking of securing them with a piece of velco (tm) or something, but haven't gotten around to it.
Old 12-03-2001, 11:51 PM
Admin Alumni

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
See Garage
MarkL, for my dead pedal, I'm going to buy one of the $3.95 Walmart special rear mats (they're rectangular) and cut off a corner to fit over the carpeting where the foot rest should be. If I mess up, I can cut off another corner til I get it right.

I have some spring-loaded floor mat clips to hold it in place at the top, and I'll leave extra material on the left to fit under the panel, per your suggestion. Hopefully, the tan colors will match, or be close. If it works out, I'll have to take a picture and post it.

For the price, I'm hoping I shouldn't have to trim the WeatherTechs much. We'll see.
Old 12-04-2001, 12:10 AM

2010 E550
While your at it you may as well buy the Weather Teck trunk liner. They fit perfectly and are made quite well. Keeps the golf clubs from sharing the little grass blades with the carpeted trunk!
Old 12-04-2001, 11:03 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2002 C240 6-spd (ret)
Originally posted by MB-BOB

For the price, I'm hoping I shouldn't have to trim the WeatherTechs much. We'll see.
Assuming they send you the same "pattern" that I got, you shouldn't have to touch the front set at all. The rears are a pattern they use universally, so like I said prior, you will have to trim the width along the provided "cut seams". Then I had to trim a little of the part that fits under the seats so it wouldn't lay on top of the seat track -- no big deal. I might have the packing slip -- if I do I'll check the pattern number and let you know.

The left front mat should look almost exactly like the OEM mat, with the two "drop offs" on either side to make room for the accelerator and dead pedal area.