C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Driver's window stoped working...I am officially pissed off at MB

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-25-2002, 12:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'06 Lexus GS300 RWD, '07 Camry SE V6 auto, '91 190E 2.6 auto
"Hello, Microsoft. Can you please remain on hold the rest of the day?"
I get the SAME thing from Compuserve It also the same for most large companies
Old 11-25-2002, 01:32 PM
taylor192

Re: Re: Re: Driver's window stoped working...I am officially pissed off at MB

Originally posted by trench
No, because this is the response:

"Hello, Microsoft. Can you please remain on hold the rest of the day?"
Yeah, that funny, but so true.

Most people use Windows (something like 95% of all computers) because of all the features that make it easy to use. If they wanted reliability they'd surely go with Unix, Linux, or a Mac. We even pay more just have have Windows when Linux is free.

I work in Linux cause I have to, but I'd never install it at home. I can live with Windows crashing every once-in-awhile, but can't live with using the crappy interface of Linux constantly.
Old 11-25-2002, 01:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C320 Sport Wagon
Problems

See my Problem Stat poll post. Lets run some numbers and see if C-Mb's of recent vintage are REALLY plaqued with problems.
Old 11-25-2002, 02:14 PM
Banned

Re: Problems

Originally posted by CHECKMATE
See my Problem Stat poll post. Lets run some numbers and see if C-Mb's of recent vintage are REALLY plaqued with problems.
It is well known that the new C class has been plagued with far more than average problems, in the US, Europe and worldwide. MB has admitted it and taken steps (very slowly, though) to resolve the problems. Hopefully, the quality control of the current production is better than the earlier production.

Anyone who tries to compare the reliability and quality control of the new C class to Toyota, Lexus, Honda or Acura is not being real.

Saying "all cars have problems" is generally true. But all cars don't have the same AMOUNT of problems, and all cars don't have the same reliability. So, saying "all cars have problems" is basically saying nothing.

Last edited by MacPhisto; 11-25-2002 at 02:18 PM.
Old 11-25-2002, 03:41 PM

Thumbs down Window Regulator

My window stopped working at 6 months ( new car ). My friend's BMW's window stopped working at the same time; the BMW was 18 months old.
A window regulator is nuts and bolts ..this is not new technology.
Evidently, MB doesn't mind paying for regulators during warranty and then charging us after warranty.
Old 04-02-2003, 05:34 PM
moomeh

funny thread. my driver window isn't working. i'm taking it in. hopefully it will be the last time.

actually enjoying my car. don't care that the window isn't working, but it is getting hot and i like the feature where you can unlock the doors and being all the windows down to air out the car. but once i get driving, i use the a/c (which i really like since it is quite and strong). i don't think i'll go with anything else than mb even though there are some minors probs here and there. i pick up 3 to 4 time more chicks with this car in a week than with my former ride (oldsmobile, cutlass ceira).
Old 04-02-2003, 09:50 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Ford Pinto
Update:

Sun Roof has had two more crashes on us (not working totally) and the auto open and close feature went out once.

Back right window went out again.

We are at ~49,000 miles I think and we have warranty for 6 yr or 100,000 miles (I believe that is right) so after it is up, E-Class here we come. Besides the windows and keys, this car has become quite enjoyable.

Some of you guys are crazy though. These problems are not exceptable, MB or not. We have had too many problems with windows. At least we are getting more miles in between visits.

For those of you who care, we did get our ticking sound underneathe the car figured out. It took our dealer 8 hours but they found some "metal" insulation hitting the driveshaft. It took them a while because the tickingwould come and go. As it heated up, it would tick. When it was cold, it would not. So the metal must have been expanding with heat?

Eric