C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Anyone with spare Philips "Blue Vision" W5Ws sitting around?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-01-2005, 04:48 PM
Admin Alumni

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
See Garage
Anyone with spare Philips "Blue Vision" W5Ws sitting around?

I can recommend lamp replacements bought from www.powerbulbs.com They have reasonable prices, don't charge sales tax, prices include shipping, and they deliver in 10-14 days from England. What is also nice is that they throw in a pair of those Philips "Blue Vision" W5W wedge bulbs for FREE with headlamp purchases. To whit...

If anyone has a pair of those "Blue Visions" sitting around unused, I sure would like to have them. I can offer a trade of PIAA 19172 Xtreme White wedge bulbs, that are great to complement HID low beams, but don't match well with Halogen lamps. (They give a blueish cast, like HIDs.)

So, if you have HIDs and experimented with the Blue Visions and found them wanting, I can swap you for the PIAAs that will look much better. Reply here or PM me, please.
Old 02-01-2005, 05:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 165 Likes on 150 Posts
99 E320
Doggone, I had 4 extra pairs and just gave the last away on the various MB boards. They work pretty well in terms of getting rid of the annoying yellowish/copper stock bulbs.
Old 02-01-2005, 08:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
'19 GLC 300, '19 TM3SR+
Jeez, Bob, this modding bug of yours keeps gaining weight!
Old 02-01-2005, 08:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have them, you know they blink white. i dont want to switch with anything though, do you have a price?

Originally Posted by MB-BOB
I can recommend lamp replacements bought from www.powerbulbs.com They have reasonable prices, don't charge sales tax, prices include shipping, and they deliver in 10-14 days from England. What is also nice is that they throw in a pair of those Philips "Blue Vision" W5W wedge bulbs for FREE with headlamp purchases. To whit...

If anyone has a pair of those "Blue Visions" sitting around unused, I sure would like to have them. I can offer a trade of PIAA 19172 Xtreme White wedge bulbs, that are great to complement HID low beams, but don't match well with Halogen lamps. (They give a blueish cast, like HIDs.)

So, if you have HIDs and experimented with the Blue Visions and found them wanting, I can swap you for the PIAAs that will look much better. Reply here or PM me, please.
Old 02-02-2005, 09:28 AM
Admin Alumni

See Garage
Originally Posted by raymond g-
Doggone, I had 4 extra pairs and just gave the last away on the various MB boards. They work pretty well in terms of getting rid of the annoying yellowish/copper stock bulbs.
Drat, just my luck. Always last in line on this stuff. Thanks, anyway.
Originally Posted by vadim
Jeez, Bob, this modding bug of yours keeps gaining weight!
Just call me the "stealth modder." I've been at it for years.
Originally Posted by jtt777
I have them, you know they blink white. i dont want to switch with anything though, do you have a price?
These "Blue Visions" usually come as giveaways from Europe, and as noted on this thread, several members just pass them around. So at best I was hoping to swap the PIAAs (I paid $17), as I don't need them and could use the Blue Visions. If I wanted to pay for them, I would go through the hassle of a small order ($12) at Powerbulbs.com to guarantee I got a new set
Old 02-02-2005, 01:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
'05 A4 1.8TQM6
I think i have a pair sitting in my glovebox from when I ordered the Phillips Vision Pluses from powerbulbs. Let me check when I get home tonight and we may be able to do a trade
Old 02-02-2005, 02:13 PM
Admin Alumni

See Garage
Originally Posted by GDawgC220
I think i have a pair sitting in my glovebox from when I ordered the Phillips Vision Pluses from powerbulbs. Let me check when I get home tonight and we may be able to do a trade
Cool, thanks. Drop me a PM when you find out and we can exchange information.