C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

I want to install a new non mercedes head unit need help and opinions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-03-2005, 02:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C230k
I want to install a new non mercedes head unit need help and opinions

I want to install a pioneer 6.5 lcd dvd/the works on my c230k but this means taking out the stock radio can anyone tell me if this could be a problem or if there are any ramifications in doing this like loss of steering wheel controls. Maybe I should just get Mercedes dvd command unit. What do yous guys recomend? If i will lose steering wheel controls will that just be the volume and track/cd changer or other functions as well?
Old 02-03-2005, 06:46 AM
Administrator

Received 29 Likes on 23 Posts
MPG+ ROLFCOPTER
This subject matter has been posted numerous times. For the last time ICE mod FAQ link.
Old 02-03-2005, 08:13 AM
JeT

Originally Posted by Beastdiesel
I want to install a pioneer 6.5 lcd dvd/the works on my c230k but this means taking out the stock radio can anyone tell me if this could be a problem or if there are any ramifications in doing this like loss of steering wheel controls. Maybe I should just get Mercedes dvd command unit. What do yous guys recomend? If i will lose steering wheel controls will that just be the volume and track/cd changer or other functions as well?
Installing your pioneer HU will result in loss of all steering wheel functions that relate to the sound system. That means losing volume control, CD changer control and nav display on your IC. But you will not lose other steering wheel functions. The HU is a separate module on the optical loop...if you remove that module from the loop , the others modules (like phone etc.) still operate. I can't give you a recommendation as the choice between losing steering wheel controls or having much better aftermarket sound and navigation is wholly personal preference. But note, the command system is quite primitive compared to modern aftermarket navigation systems...good enough for me though.
Old 02-03-2005, 09:29 AM

C230k
JET thanks alot

Thanks alot Jet sorry for starting a new thread amdueschebag