C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

turned down for insurance

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-05-2002, 07:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
turned down for insurance

well, i was going to buy a 2002 c32 amg, but I was turned down for insurance. i am 21, have had only 1 accident which was over a year ago and it was the other guys fault and that was settled, and i have only received 1 speeding ticket since i have had my license. does anyone have any ideas on what i can do to get insurance for a c32?

Thanks
Old 06-05-2002, 07:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Most states have a failback insurer... kinda like a last resort however, they tend to be unbelivably expensive.
Old 06-05-2002, 09:11 PM

2001 Silver C320
I was in the same position you are. The reason insurance is so expensive is because of the amg v8 engine. Get the c320 with a v6 and you will for sure get approved. Then add a kit later if its not fast enough for you. Personally, I like the wood in the 320 better than the amg interior.
Old 06-05-2002, 09:30 PM

SLK 350 '05
The reason insurance is so expensive is because of the amg v8 engine.
isn't the C32 a supercharged V6 engine?

am i mistaken?
Old 06-05-2002, 09:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The C32 is a supercharged V6, not a V8.
Old 06-05-2002, 09:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

where did you try? all the usual big places.. i didn't thinkanyone ever got refused insurance.. i have heard of people getting dropped but never refused... if anything, they would charge a mad payment to cover you...

trust me.. there is someone out there who will insure you.. i have 11 points on my lisence (12 is the max in VA) and i have insurance.. granted its not a C32...

i would shop around some more.. you will find someone

Good luck!
Old 06-05-2002, 10:16 PM
Admin Alumni

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
See Garage
Shop around. Insurance carriers are just as dumb, crooked and underhanded as car salespeople... But there will be a couple willing to hook you up.
Old 06-05-2002, 10:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Location: Sitting behind thing freakin desk of mine. Dreaming I was playing my Taylors, and driving my Benz. Long Live The VRAA!!!!!!
C230 Sports Coupe
Originally posted by MB-BOB
Shop around. Insurance carriers are just as dumb, crooked and underhanded as car salespeople... But there will be a couple willing to hook you up.
hey now, I'm an Insurance agent. what are you trying to say?
J/K.
Depending on what state you live in you could have several different options. In NC we have the NC state re-insurance facilty. You could have 2 DUI's speeding tickets whatever and they will provide insurance, albeit it will be through the butt-hole, but you can get it. Whatever agency you are going through must be a complete **** or a complete idiot if they can't provide you with insurance. Feel free to email if you have questions. Many companies will offer a discount if you have more than one market with them, ie your car and house, or whatever.
Hope this helps.
Old 06-06-2002, 04:34 PM
Admin Alumni

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
See Garage
Originally posted by TimmyC230boy
hey now, I'm an Insurance agent. what are you trying to say?
J/K.
Timmy, just saw your post concerning license plate ideas, and I beat a hasty retreat here to caveat my previous remark to read, "TimmyC230boy excepted, of course." But here you are already beating me to it. Sorry dude, my bad.

I'm sure there are a handful of good insurance companies. It's just that my experiences lately have been the carriers are more interested in collecting premiums than in paying up when you have an accident. My daughter's first, and only accident last Nov, (and the only claim on a 5-year old policy) got me cancelled, which I thought was a severe over-reaction by Safeco.
Old 06-06-2002, 04:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Location: Sitting behind thing freakin desk of mine. Dreaming I was playing my Taylors, and driving my Benz. Long Live The VRAA!!!!!!
C230 Sports Coupe
yeah well i didnt ever have any hard feelings lol.
Buts its really a bad world we live in. You have a handfull of car dealers and insurance agents that ruin it for the rest of us. There is no reason you should be canceled for a wreck. No 2 or 3 i can understand that, but not for 1.

Thats another thing too. I am what is called an independent agent. I can write insurance for over 28 different companies, so i am constantly "shopping" peoples insurance around. If we find a company that is treating customers like crap we dont write with them. Since I'm not tied to one company i have the ability to really try to help out the customer. I have found out that tjose companies that run the big advertisements on TV, (GEICO, Progressive) have cheaper rates, but just wait till you have a claim. It will be denied. IF you are getting crap like that from your agent dont hesitate to take your business elsewhere.
Old 06-07-2002, 10:44 AM
Out Of Control!!

K Car
Last night on the news, they did a story about insurance preimiums going up in the state of Texas due to the flooding down south, and all of the mold claims made in the last few years. Rates in some areas have almost doubled! A lot of companies are turning people down for insurance. They interviewed a home owner that owned a rather nice large house, and they were saying that they had some roof damage from a storm that they elected to fix themselves instead of going through insurance. They decided that it would not be worth the premium increase or the possible cancellation of their policy. So we pay all this money for house/car insurance, and as soon as you need to use them, they cancel your policy, or raise your premiums. I know that these companies are trying to run a business, but maybe in cases where they have a lot of claims they should decide to spend less money on lobbying and political donations instead of hefty insurance rate hikes.

Sorry to go off like this, but things like tax and insurance increases really set me off. Especially when it seems like we're paying more and getting less!
Old 06-07-2002, 11:23 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C230 Sports Coupe
Hey revstricker

I know how you feal man. After all the flooding in the eastern part of NC over the last couple of years insurance and homeowners keep going up up up. From what I am hearing now, most insurance poilicies, whether they be auto, or homeowners will be going up accross the nation due to 9/11.
To ALL: Honestly, never be afraid to cll around and shop for cheaper insurance. If anyone is in NC and needs insurance of any kind email me.