C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

KW Suspension Variant 2 Coilover's :) **PICS**

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 02-10-2005 | 09:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

KW Suspension Variant 2 Coilover's :) **PICS**

Better than I had hoped. Last I spoke to KW they were using a rear shock with 3 settings, in which the strut needed to be removed from the vehicle to be adjusted. This is evidently no longer the case. Front and rear on car rebound adjustable

Notice the adjustment tab on the top of the shock, and to my absolute DELIGHT, see the remote resevoir!!! Both front and rear are twin tube design, and have a full range of adjustment. This make me very very happy and will help make me very very fast

After I install these, new control arm bushings, speedybenz swaybar endlinks, and more rear linkage, need to corner weight the car and dial in the rebound. Giddy-up!

Thanks due to the Phreak-

Tom
Attached Thumbnails KW Suspension Variant 2 Coilover's :) **PICS**-rear-resevoir.jpg   KW Suspension Variant 2 Coilover's :) **PICS**-package.jpg   KW Suspension Variant 2 Coilover's :) **PICS**-badge.jpg  
Old 02-10-2005 | 10:25 PM

C230 sports Coupe
nice... i'd like to see some lateral G's numbers on the car now!!!
Old 02-10-2005 | 10:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'19 GLC 300, '19 TM3SR+
looks tempting don't put those badges on, though!!! give them away to some badge-kiddy instead!!
Old 02-10-2005 | 11:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

From: San Diego, CA & San Jose, Costa Rica & Stuttgart, Germany
1959 220S / 1979 230 G / 2002 A210 AMG / 2003 C320 SC / 2004.5 C320 SS / 2005 ML350 SE / 2008 smart
Question

good deal !!!

how do these compare to the BILSTEIN PSS9's ??

that's what i'm running on now with a CARLSSON RS kit...
haven't played much with the adjustable settings, but I've got them pretty wound up, for fast cornering.

Carlos

Saprissa@aol.com
Old 02-11-2005 | 12:04 AM

2002 Black C230K
i'll trade you my stock springs for them ...no?... haha congrads tom
Old 02-11-2005 | 12:12 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by vadim
looks tempting don't put those badges on, though!!! give them away to some badge-kiddy instead!!
No sponsorship, no discount, no freebies, no signage. I am going to be proud to wear the speedybnz.com, Evosport, Kleemann, and StopTech names on my car this year. Pics and a lot of mods to come.

Originally Posted by vadim
good deal !!!

how do these compare to the BILSTEIN PSS9's ??

that's what i'm running on now with a CARLSSON RS kit...
haven't played much with the adjustable settings, but I've got them pretty wound up, for fast cornering.
This is a damn nice set up. I was inspecting the welds and the mounting points. Very nice. The shock bushings and the spring perches. Where's the woody icon when you need it?

I have not seen nor driven in a car with the PSS-9s. I know of at least two people that swear by them however, I think the installed rear adjustability, you used to have to remove the rear strut to adjust the rebound, and the external resevoir, put the KW over the top on the PSS-9.

The Carlsson RS. I love that brand, truly. I am suspect that because of the typical MB driver and tuner, the Carlsson RS is a softer version of the actually PSS-9. We know the RS is the PSS-9 badged Carlsson, but I am willing to wager that the RS has a softer spring rate than the PSS-9.

Regarding adjustment, from what I've read so far in researching this, and in the KW paperwork, it seems that the RWD cars like a soft rear end. A very open and forthcoming SCCA Solo II National Champship contender disclosed that he was running his BMW full soft rear, and 90% closed up front. KW recommend starting off with the adjustment 1.5 turns open, then dial it in from there.

Carlos, hit up some of the test and tune session with one of your local autocross groups. Don't go and beat the **** out of your car, but start off at a even point, and play with the settings to see what you like. Two rules on two different adjustments. Never adjust both the front and rear at the same time. Never adjust more than 2 clicks or 2 .25 turns (half a turn total) at a time. Tires have the same rules, front or rear only inbetween, no more than 2 psi at a time. 1 recommendation now that I knwo you have the Coilovers. Get the car corner weighted. They will adjust the ride height to get you set up, then do a four wheel allignment. It will feel like a totally different car. It's nice.
Old 02-11-2005 | 01:04 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by TurboChicken
nice... i'd like to see some lateral G's numbers on the car now!!!
Wish there was a way. I guess I could get a g-tech and compare the H&Rs that are on now to the KWs. As long as the same tool is used in both pre and post runs, the data is still valid no?
Old 02-11-2005 | 02:39 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

From: San Diego, CA & San Jose, Costa Rica & Stuttgart, Germany
1959 220S / 1979 230 G / 2002 A210 AMG / 2003 C320 SC / 2004.5 C320 SS / 2005 ML350 SE / 2008 smart
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by nukblazi
The Carlsson RS. I love that brand, truly. I am suspect that because of the typical MB driver and tuner, the Carlsson RS is a softer version of the actually PSS-9. We know the RS is the PSS-9 badged Carlsson, but I am willing to wager that the RS has a softer spring rate than the PSS-9.
I am one of those that swears on the Carlsson RS & Bilstein PSS-9s. I saw them go in during install, so I know they're the real deal. However, I have nothing else to compare it to, besides the stock MB set-up. So I might be missing out on much better, but think I'm pretty much close to where the Coupe should be.

Originally Posted by nukblazi
Carlos, hit up some of the test and tune session with one of your local autocross groups. Don't go and beat the **** out of your car, but start off at a even point, and play with the settings to see what you like. Two rules on two different adjustments. Never adjust both the front and rear at the same time. Never adjust more than 2 clicks or 2 .25 turns (half a turn total) at a time. Tires have the same rules, front or rear only inbetween, no more than 2 psi at a time. 1 recommendation now that I knwo you have the Coilovers. Get the car corner weighted. They will adjust the ride height to get you set up, then do a four wheel allignment. It will feel like a totally different car. It's nice.
Thanks for the advice. This might be the year, where my street machine turns into an autocross beast. Always good advice from you... keep us tuned in !

Carlos

Saprissa@aol.com