C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

intermittent Problems Locking with Remote

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-11-2005, 07:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation intermittent Problems Locking with Remote

Hi all,
This is my first time posting to the forum but I have been reading it for a while.
I have a problem with the remote for locking the car as it seem to work intermittently. I have noticed that if it wont lock, when I try and put the key into the ignition it is a little stiff. When it finally goes in I start the car and then turn it off and remove the key. The car the locks fine.

Is this a problem with the ignition or the key?

From reading some old posts some people have trouble with the ignition switch, which I think is the problem.

Can I put some sort of lubricant in here or could I damage something else?

I might also add that there are two MB dealers close to me and I have had bad experiences with both, therefore I am reluctant to go to a dealer.

I would appricate any comments or suggestions.
Old 02-11-2005, 07:34 PM
Administrator

Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts
MPG+ ROLFCOPTER
Welcome to the forum.

Change your key batteries for a start.
Old 02-11-2005, 09:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 149 Likes on 133 Posts
'17 Jaguar XF
Amdeutsch!

Thank you for taking your meds today
Old 02-11-2005, 09:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 01 C Class
Hi all,
This is my first time posting to the forum but I have been reading it for a while.
I have a problem with the remote for locking the car as it seem to work intermittently. I have noticed that if it wont lock, when I try and put the key into the ignition it is a little stiff. When it finally goes in I start the car and then turn it off and remove the key. The car the locks fine.

Is this a problem with the ignition or the key?

From reading some old posts some people have trouble with the ignition switch, which I think is the problem.

Can I put some sort of lubricant in here or could I damage something else?

I might also add that there are two MB dealers close to me and I have had bad experiences with both, therefore I am reluctant to go to a dealer.

I would appricate any comments or suggestions.
Funny, mine is now unlocking under acceleration for no reason. Interior light isn't coming on so it isn't the crash sensor.
Old 02-11-2005, 10:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 Citron Green C230KMT
Originally Posted by mleskovar
Thank you for taking your meds today

mlsekovar, if a question is asked that doesnt have an obvious answer or been discussed many times before, Andy can be quite helpful.
Old 02-11-2005, 10:11 PM
Banned

Mercedes-Benz
Yeah, I changed my battery about once a year. Love working those buttons, especially to put the windows up and down.
Old 02-11-2005, 10:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
00' ML 55 AMG; 08' Jeep Wrangler Unlimted (4 Door)
Originally Posted by nukblazi
Funny, mine is now unlocking under acceleration for no reason. Interior light isn't coming on so it isn't the crash sensor.
Mine did that, I took it in to the dealer. They replaced a switch and it never happened again. He said it was for when you wreck, the car unlocks the doors to let you out/EMS people in. I'm guessing some kind of inertia switch.. Don't know if it is true, or some off the wall explanation...
Old 02-11-2005, 11:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
'19 GLC 300, '19 TM3SR+
Originally Posted by nukblazi
You must be pushing your Coupe so hard now that the computer thinks that it must be a rear-ending accident :p