C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

What options do you REGRET not getting ...and why?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-18-2006, 07:21 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
some slow@$$diesels
...the only thing I might have wanted as well is parameter power steering...besides that, I am pleased with the (factory) fitted options on my USED car...the only thing I am regretting is that the car wasn't 4 months newer as that would have saved me 1500+ USD on getting distronic to work as I wouldn't have had to update the complete ESP system.

greetingz,
Old 01-19-2006, 01:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
c230 Kompressor Coupe
i regret not getting bi-xenons. obviously because they look so nice and are a lot cleaner than HIDs. I would sell my HID kit ASAP if i were to get a pair of Bi-X. i also regret not getting command. oh, and i wish i had a C320 instead of a C230. im not sure if there was a 2005 of the C320 was there?
Old 01-19-2006, 01:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

is SOLD
want dark interior because the ash interior gets dirty so easy. hmmm what else? proly stock nav, but i have a pioneer nav now.
Old 01-19-2006, 02:09 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2017 E300, 2017 GL450
Originally Posted by breastroker

And I totally disagree on the BI-zenon lighting. Anyone over 30 years old is loosing night vision. Since you really can't use the high beams, the bi-xenon low beams make driving much safer. I am guessing Moviela is young.\
Yea, I am about to turn 32 in a few months and my night driving is definately not what it used to be. I find myself squinting alot more and having to watch things closer then when i was in my 20's. Thankfully Steve will be here in a few weeks (give or take) and putting in a set of Xenon's, which the the only option I regret not getting from the factory.
Old 01-19-2006, 03:23 AM

2005 C230 SS
nice thread!! i WAS just discussing this with my friend....
well first of all i didnt order the car new with like zero miles and stuff. mine is a 2005 c230k SS, it had 17k on it when i got it, it was a lease and its a beautiful car, i lkove the Orion Blue/Ash interior. the car came with: entertainment package, sunroof package, tele-aid (i havent re-activate it), rear folding seats, rain sensing wipers.i wish i had the $$ to get me a 2006 then i would have gotten:

bi-xenons-i just LOVE the way they look, they make the car look meaner, and they do illuminate the road much better-im not blind (im 25) and the stock halogens work great but the xenons looks great, and i know i can add them later, but the heated headlamp washers seem 'neat'
COMMAND-i have a terrible sense of direction, this would be MOST helpful.
Bluetooth adapter-i love this feature
ipod integration kit. the thing i miss the MOST from my old car is, the ipod connection to the stereo system. oh GOD I MISS IT. the dealers want waaaaaaaay too much to add it. *******s
Old 01-19-2006, 11:29 AM

Dia Blk '06 C230 w/3 pedals
Originally Posted by drho2004
nice thread!! i WAS just discussing this with my friend....
well first of all i didnt order the car new with like zero miles and stuff. mine is a 2005 c230k SS, it had 17k on it when i got it, it was a lease and its a beautiful car, i lkove the Orion Blue/Ash interior. the car came with: entertainment package, sunroof package, tele-aid (i havent re-activate it), rear folding seats, rain sensing wipers.i wish i had the $$ to get me a 2006 then i would have gotten:

bi-xenons-i just LOVE the way they look, they make the car look meaner, and they do illuminate the road much better-im not blind (im 25) and the stock halogens work great but the xenons looks great, and i know i can add them later, but the heated headlamp washers seem 'neat'
COMMAND-i have a terrible sense of direction, this would be MOST helpful.
Bluetooth adapter-i love this feature
ipod integration kit. the thing i miss the MOST from my old car is, the ipod connection to the stereo system. oh GOD I MISS IT. the dealers want waaaaaaaay too much to add it. *******s

What Bluetooth adapter?
Old 01-19-2006, 01:04 PM
Almost a Member!

'02 C240 + '03 ML320
- Comand
- Bi-Xenon
- Split folding rear seats
Old 01-19-2006, 06:19 PM

2005 C230 SS
Originally Posted by anonymouse
What Bluetooth adapter?
the MB Bluetooth adapter, i know they announced, i think it should be avaible now, or soon. from what i've read u add it to the existing UHI phone kit. someone correct me if im wrong
Old 02-06-2006, 05:22 PM

2023 E450 wagon 2011 Toyota Tacoma
Regrets

Wish I had the CD changer. All I have is cassette. What I really want is something with ipod integration and a USB port that would let me play music stored on any thumb drive but I haven't seen one of those yet. Compact discs are almost old school now but having only a cassette is laughable now. Even an 8 track tape player would be better because it would have some retro cache. But cassettes.....
Old 02-06-2006, 05:56 PM

'05 C230WZ / '01 Honda VFR 800
Originally Posted by Frank Rizzo
Howdy...new member here.
We are trying to locate a C230WZ for my wife to lease. Problem is we can not find one loaded up the way we want:
Auto
Sunroof pkg.
Lighting pkg.
Heated Seats
Command NAV
Entertainment Pkg.
Split/Folding rear seat
Power front seats.

It's basicaly everything but full leather.
The car has to be White or 2nd choice: Pewter with a Black interior. We are in Southern California and have done a search of the immediate area (all the "western" states) according to Calabasas Motors and can't even come close...except one car in Hawaii . The next step (according to the dealer) is to start eliminating options to see if they can get closer to the match. My response was "blow that" - just order the car instead - I don't want any regrets. (Funny thing is that the fetching Mrs. Rizzo could not give an darn about all of the other stuff except heated seats and the sunroof). But it makes we wonder - those of you who already have the car - what option(s) do you wish you had gotten and why.

FWIW: Ive been in contact with Carsdirect.com to see what they come up with on a nationwide level - eh..who knows.?? maybe....

Thanks.
Sounds like I just about bought your car (white- all of the same options except lighting). I had to order it as there wasn't one like this within 2000 miles. That was cool, it arrived in about six weeks the way I wanted it. I still worked out a good deal on it even though it was ordered (hey, the dealer knew that they would need money in six weeks just as badly as they wanted it that day).
Good luck.
Old 02-06-2006, 08:30 PM

Received 46 Likes on 39 Posts
Too many to list
I regret not getting the Comand, but bought it through Steve...so that's fixed. Another thing I regret not getting was the full leather seats. The vinyl stuff look so cheap compared to the real thing. Lastly, I regret not buying the C320 sport. The 4-banger just isn't smooth enough. Plus, even with full power driver's seat, the passenger seat is still half-powered. Everything else, I got what I wanted and at a great price.