C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Who has BOUGHT the Kleemann performance kit?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-26-2005, 09:15 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C230K hatch
Who has BOUGHT the Kleemann performance kit?

Guys,

Who has the Kleemann Performance kit for the w203 C230 2002 model year? What are the pricing options? Where is a good place to buy this kit as far as support and good customer relations etc.?

I also would like to here about longetivity issues...how long can I expect these mods to last?

What exactly is a K-box? Does this have to do with remapping the ECU? What is the difference between the pulley options?

Paul h.
Old 02-27-2005, 02:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
BANNED
Originally Posted by Paul h.
Guys,
Who has the Kleemann Performance kit for the w203 C230 2002 model year? What are the pricing options? Where is a good place to buy this kit as far as support and good customer relations etc.?
I also would like to here about longetivity issues...how long can I expect these mods to last?
What exactly is a K-box? Does this have to do with remapping the ECU? What is the difference between the pulley options?
Paul h.
It comes standard on all 2003 and later C class. Looks like you just missed out. Sorry.
Old 02-27-2005, 03:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'06 Lexus GS300 RWD, '07 Camry SE V6 auto, '91 190E 2.6 auto
Paul, pay no attention to "tyrd". He contributes NOTHING to this forum . Click here for Kleeman info for your car. It also has info on your closest Kleeman authorized dealer.
Old 02-27-2005, 05:57 PM
Almost a Member!

C230K hatch
Jim,

Thanks...I knew his answer was bogus obviously.

I have looked at the sight, but most of the websites' links don't share much info on the purchasing of this kit. That being said, I need to hear from those who have gone ahead and actually bought this kit...if you have to call to get anywhere, what the payment procedure is, etc.

Also, anything that you need in addition to the kit that might be needed that they don't tell you about.

Thanks,

Paul h.
Old 02-27-2005, 08:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I have looked at the sight, but most of the websites' links don't share much info on the purchasing of this kit. Paul h.

There are 3 authorized Kleeman dealers in the Northeast USA according to their site. Click on "USA" under the "Dealers" link. I'm sure any one of them can tell you what all the costs are.
Old 02-27-2005, 08:27 PM
Almost a Member!

C230K hatch
Smile

Hey Jim,

I have emailed most of the places listed on the site...

Probably hear from them sometime this week. This seems like a cost effective way to add some horsepower to the car for a reasonable price.

BEst,

Paul h.
Old 02-27-2005, 09:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Alot of places have websites with pretty pictures and e-mail addy's, but often they never maintain the site nor return e-mail's. I'd call them myself.
Old 02-28-2005, 08:55 AM
Almost a Member!

C230K hatch
Kleemann says discontinued....

Just heard back from Kleemann USA...

They said that they have discontinued performance options for the C230 model year 2002.

I say, that sucks! I'm sure somebody out there has this kit in stock, so I will have to do some digging.

Best,

Paul h.
Old 02-28-2005, 10:57 AM
JeT

Just heard back from Kleemann USA...

They said that they have discontinued performance options for the C230 model year 2002.

I say, that sucks! I'm sure somebody out there has this kit in stock, so I will have to do some digging.

Best,

Paul h.
You will have to order it from Europe...contact Henrik Dyrholm at hd@kleemann.dk. He will create a proforma invoice as a quote.
Old 02-28-2005, 12:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
You guys are funny, doesn't anyone search the forum anymore. If you did you would see that Kleemann discontinued that product at least a year ago, probably from lack of interest. You need to check out other tuners like Brabus, they still have their kit although it's less HP gain than other kits. Also Vaeth will still make you a pulley for that classic.
Old 02-28-2005, 04:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2002 C230 Coupe(M111)
Buell, doesn't ASP still make its pulley?
Old 02-28-2005, 05:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

BANNED
Originally Posted by Jim Banville
Paul, pay no attention to "tyrd".
Jim: You're so funny, looking :p
Did you talk to HAL yet?
Old 02-28-2005, 05:06 PM
Almost a Member!

C230K hatch
Don't you know you have to do a search...you can't just ask that. How dare you!

Paul h.
Old 02-28-2005, 05:17 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2019 CLS
Originally Posted by Outland
Buell, doesn't ASP still make its pulley?
They use a reworked OEM pulley..
Old 02-28-2005, 05:22 PM

2019 CLS
Originally Posted by Buellwinkle
You guys are funny, doesn't anyone search the forum anymore.

No...and what's even more funny is that some of the noob's try to get an attitude when you tell them to search......like how dare you tell me to think for myself and use some basic common sense skills..
Old 02-28-2005, 06:50 PM
Almost a Member!

C230K hatch
I don't know if that is directly aimed at me, but I did look for a while before posting on this topic.

It just seems to me to be a little over the top with people saying "go do a search first, noob". If you don't like the post, don't read it. If you feel like helping, great.

It is called a discussion board for a reason, to discuss things. It is not here for you to tell people to go do searches every time someone asks a question. Granted, if the question is just retarded, then fine. But lets get a grip, here.

I did not see the answer to my question directly, so I asked.

Best Regards,

Paul h.
Old 02-28-2005, 06:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Brabus K3
Kleemann still sell it in Europe. In fact it only has discontinued it in USA.
Old 02-28-2005, 07:32 PM

2019 CLS
I don't know if that is directly aimed at me, but I did look for a while before posting on this topic.

It just seems to me to be a little over the top with people saying "go do a search first, noob". If you don't like the post, don't read it. If you feel like helping, great.

It is called a discussion board for a reason, to discuss things. It is not here for you to tell people to go do searches every time someone asks a question. Granted, if the question is just retarded, then fine. But lets get a grip, here.

I did not see the answer to my question directly, so I asked.

Best Regards,

Paul h.
As I quoted Buell's general comment, my comment was also general and not pointed directly at you...

As to this being a discussion board..your right.. we are hear for open discussion and like every other structured forum board there are forum rules and "stickies" found in the beginning of every board....these are there for a reason..to facilitate useful and productive discussion threads which help all of us hopefully evolve and refine our knowledge and the ability of our cars to higher levels...It serves no purpose to clog the board by posting the same basic questions over and over again......If newbie's don't know the basic's fine...but thats what the SEARCH button is for...

Last edited by respdoc; 02-28-2005 at 07:35 PM.
Old 02-28-2005, 07:40 PM
Almost a Member!

C230K hatch
Thank you for your concern...

I did use the search button, so you can now breathe easy.

Perhaps someday I can strive to be as good at moving the board to greatness as you seem to be, and not clog it with what you feel has already been discussed at length.

I am truly inspired by your recommendations, though coated with sarcasm. If my answers were already covered within the archives, I did not see them, and I am sorry for not abiding by the board rules.

Best Regards,

Paul h.
Old 02-28-2005, 07:59 PM
Administrator

Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts
MPG+ ROLFCOPTER

Easy way around it. Just post at the beginning that you did do a search with the following search words ............... But alas you came up empty and are therefore requesting assistance in the form of answers, hints and/or new, more appropriate search words.

That should help with the movies links (main culprit being myself ), the STFFs, etc.

But whatever you do; don't say you searched but don't have the time or inclanation, = am too lazy, to read the threads out there dealing with the subject matter at hand.

HTH
Old 02-28-2005, 08:07 PM
Almost a Member!

C230K hatch
Thanks for the reply...

I really just want to find help, not a fight.

All I ask is that people read not only the forum "sticky" about using search features, but also to demonstrate civility and respect for those that could not find the answers upon sifting through the depths.

I have only spit back (regretably) the fowl beef that was served up to me upon entrance to this MB Cafe'.

Thanks,

Paul h.
Old 02-28-2005, 08:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Yet another thread that has been ruined by STFF arguments!!! I'm about to jump this ship
Old 02-28-2005, 08:33 PM
JeT

Originally Posted by Buellwinkle
You guys are funny, doesn't anyone search the forum anymore. If you did you would see that Kleemann discontinued that product at least a year ago, probably from lack of interest. You need to check out other tuners like Brabus, they still have their kit although it's less HP gain than other kits. Also Vaeth will still make you a pulley for that classic.
That's amazing Buell, you talked about pullies without mentioning your beloved ASP.
Old 02-28-2005, 08:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by JeT
That's amazing Buell, you talked about pullies without mentioning your beloved ASP.
I can't mention that vendor on this forum, they have a gag order on me. But that unmentional vendor is what I used and I was happy with them. Now if he wants to ask me on a different forum I can speak more freely.

As for Kleemann still selling in Europe, it's not the same pulley that they sold in the U.S., it's a metal ring that is place over the pulley and then held in place with set screws. There's probably a good reason they don't want to sell those in the U.S. anymore and I can't imagine that the cost of mailing them here is the showstopper.
Old 02-28-2005, 10:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2002 C230 Coupe(M111)
Originally Posted by respdoc
They use a reworked OEM pulley..
No ****, sherlock.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Who has BOUGHT the Kleemann performance kit?