C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI
View Poll Results: How many of you are considering buying the new W204 upon release?
Yes! Definitely will!
16.19%
No way!
44.76%
Maybe, Have to see the car in person, & weigh options.
39.05%
Voters: 105. You may not vote on this poll

How many of you are considering buying the W204 in Summer of '07?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-21-2007, 02:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 C300 Sport Sedan: Panarama Roof, P2, Multimedia
How many of you are considering buying the W204 in Summer of '07?

Okay guys, I just sold my 05 C230 for a 07 Lexus IS250, but the more I look at the w204 the more appealing it is to me! Looks like I just can't stay away from Mercedes! How many of you will consider getting the w204 come 07 Summer?
Attached Thumbnails How many of you are considering buying the W204 in Summer of '07?-w204.jpg   How many of you are considering buying the W204 in Summer of '07?-w204-3.jpg   How many of you are considering buying the W204 in Summer of '07?-w204-rear.jpg  

Last edited by benzo-boi; 01-21-2007 at 12:32 PM.
Old 01-21-2007, 02:43 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Buying a first year car? I'd have to question your sanity
Old 01-21-2007, 02:53 AM

C200K W203
Originally Posted by vraa
Nah, the good thing about the first year car is that you get lots of attention from people....and i like it.

About 204, what are special features that make it so great beside the more luxurious look??
Old 01-21-2007, 02:56 AM

C200K W203
Originally Posted by vraa
Nah not insane man, the good thing about the first year car is that you get lots of attention from people....and i like my 203 when I first got it. Waited for 9months for the first lot to arrive and man it was worth it driving around town in that car.

About 204, what are special features that make it so great beside the more luxurious look??
Old 01-21-2007, 02:59 AM

Originally Posted by raklert
Nah not insane man, the good thing about the first year car is that you get lots of attention from people....and i like my 203 when I first got it. Waited for 9months for the first lot to arrive and man it was worth it driving around town in that car.

check out the FULL press release at: www.emercedesbenz.com
Old 01-21-2007, 03:37 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 C320wz
maybe i would consider getting it in a couple of years, as I am still enjoy driving my 2005 C-class
Old 01-21-2007, 05:13 AM
GPI
MBWorld Fanatic!

W203 (sold), W204 (sold), W124
It looks awesome to me inside and out. The interior is simple and sophisticated with the new Comand system and it is definitely an upgrade for me compared to my base W203. I'm patiently waiting to see it in front of me with my own eyes.
Old 01-21-2007, 06:52 AM

Waiting for W204 Facelift
Yes! Definitely will!

but not this summer (2007 ) !

probably waiting next facelift -3-4 years after -

seing what is going bad and changings !
Old 01-21-2007, 08:55 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
2019 C300 Wagon; '75 Triumph TR6; previous: 2004 C230 6spd sold after 17 years of driving
Benz-boi:

No offence: but maybe you should seek some help, reading through your posts I would say that there is no car in the world that would appear to satisfy you. OCD perhaps?

You had a C class, got bored of it and jumped to a IS250 and it is so new that the plastic is still probably on the seats and now you are thinking of dumping that and going to the new C-class. Problem is once you get the W204, there will be another new vehicle from another company that will be the rage and you will find faults with your new purchase and start the process all over. It is like buying a computer, it is obsolete as soon as we purchase it. The only way to keep up with cars, other than having bags of money is to work for a dealership selling them, that way you can drive the latest and greatest.

Just be grateful that you have the means to be able to purchase cars like you've had, and TRY to enjoy them. Think how many people can only afford to drive a Civic, Kia or Neon and only aspire in their dreams to have a Benz or Lexus. You on the otherhand are never satisfied!

I guess you enjoying the pleasure of paying the PDI and Freight

And one last point, just because it is new doesn't mean it is better or more desireable, tune into the Barret Jackson Auction on SpeedTV this weekend and you'll be amazed what old cars go for and what people are prepared to pay to get them. A 300SL roadster went for $575,000 which has a 1/3 of the horsepower a SLR has and comes with steel wheels and hubcaps. The cars of my youth (1970's american muscle) now go for insane amounts, wish I was stockpiling them
Old 01-21-2007, 09:29 AM
Admin Alumni

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
See Garage
Originally Posted by Boom vang
You had a C class, got bored of it and jumped to a IS250 and it is so new that the plastic is still probably on the seats and now you are thinking of dumping that and going to the new C-class. Problem is once you get the W204, there will be another new vehicle from another company that will be the rage and you will find faults with your new purchase and start the process all over. It is like buying a computer, it is obsolete as soon as we purchase it. The only way to keep up with cars, other than having bags of money is to work for a dealership selling them, that way you can drive the latest and greatest.

Just be grateful that you have the means to be able to purchase cars like you've had, and TRY to enjoy them. Think how many people can only afford to drive a Civic, Kia or Neon and only aspire in their dreams to have a Benz or Lexus. You on the otherhand are never satisfied!

+1

vraa, my first year of release 2001 C320 is going strong with nary a single problem. I bought it near the end of 2001 production, and I don't think I could buy any new design (regardless of brand) the first week it appears, but after a few months, they seem to get the bugs out.

benzo-boi, I can see where you might be tiring of the IS. I paced one in traffic yesterday to see (again) what you appreciate about the styling... It certainly is more attractive that the one it replaces, but once again Lexus has messed up the taillights, IMO. I think one can rest a can of soda on the top shelf of the lights. What were they thinking?

Edgy styling gets old fast. I imagine a Cadillac STX buyer has buyer's remorse after 3-days in the garage.
Old 01-21-2007, 10:28 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2019 C300 Wagon; '75 Triumph TR6; previous: 2004 C230 6spd sold after 17 years of driving
Re MB_BOB
'Edgy styling gets old fast. I imagine a Cadillac STX buyer has buyer's remorse after 3-days in the garage.'

I sometimes feel that Japanese designed cars are somewhat like the fashion industry, in the first year or 2 it looks hot but then looks dated very quickly. The styles of German cars are not what you call cutting edge but do tend to stand the test of time. My neighbours 1999 S class still looks good today but a Infiniti Q45, or Acura RL or Lexus LS from the same era look very long in the tooth. On lesser scale look at a 2002 Accord, 626, Maxima, Camry and they have not aged gracefully.

Japanese cars are reliable, well built but age prematurely, I just came from one and was always amazed how 'old' it became so quickly. German cars are like a man's dark blue double breasted suit, neither in style at the moment nor out of style but looks good and respectable. I think that it is because the Japanese radically change from different years and not as a variation on a theme. The Celica comes to mind as does the IS now

I am affraid that the new c-class has found this slippery slope

Last edited by Boom vang; 01-21-2007 at 11:04 AM.
Old 01-21-2007, 10:56 AM

'05 SS Brillant Silver
Those perhaps are the best pics I've see thus far of the w204. But most likely will stick to what I have. Unless, unless....what are the wheel specs for this? still same lug pattern & offsets?? I'd love to place my wheels on it...order me a front lip from neal, tint......o wait, I have that already..teehee

I'd have to see it in person, there is nothing I see about it right that tells me I need to make the jump just yet.
Old 01-21-2007, 12:02 PM

Benz-boi:

No offence: but maybe you should seek some help, reading through your posts I would say that there is no car in the world that would appear to satisfy you. OCD perhaps?

And one last point, just because it is new doesn't mean it is better or more desireable, tune into the Barret Jackson Auction on SpeedTV this weekend and you'll be amazed what old cars go for and what people are prepared to pay to get them. A 300SL roadster went for $575,000 which has a 1/3 of the horsepower a SLR has and comes with steel wheels and hubcaps. The cars of my youth (1970's american muscle) now go for insane amounts, wish I was stockpiling them

It's not that no car would ever satisfy me. I really took my time weighed my options before getting the IS250. I did look at the w204 pictures, and wasn't really digging it. So I decided to get the IS250. After driving it for like 2 weeks, and seeing the release of the w204, I started to like it more and more. It's not that I'm ungrateful that I'm able purchase cars the way I have. My parents were looking to buy an IS250 anyways, so that gives me the option to opt out and give them the car, and lets me explore the w204.
Different people have different means of what they're capable of. If we used your analogy for everything, it'd be endless, cause we can say that someone taking the bus everyday would aspire to own a 1980 Corolla or someone that owns a C55 would aspire to own a E55. Again, it's not that I'm not satisfied, just confused right now. Its conflicting because I already sold my car for the new IS, now that I want to go back to MBZ, I rather buy the new w204.

I thought I could switch to a Lexus, but I just miss driving a Mercedes, I guess.
Old 01-21-2007, 12:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

OK

I would suggest driving your IS for the next 3 years by that time the W203 will be having a face lift and revised somewhat. Let all the other people who must have the car at the get go experience all the teething problems

RULE #1 NEVER BUY A CAR THAT IS IN ITS FIRST YEAR OF PRODUCTION. No matter how much they field tested it the first year is terrible. There are usually tons of revisions for year 2 (some public and others not so) and by that time the the assembly will be used to it so there not be as many issues of fit and finish irregularities. Sometimes revisions can be just as simple as revised assembly techniques or revised components that we would never know but make a world of difference. Ever wonder why the VIN number is so important to ordering some parts for your car eventhough on the exterior the physical part looks the same.

I was always told by people in the industry (and I work closely with the sector) that the best time to buy the product is mid way through the life cycle. Usually this is the year there is a minor face lift. The people assembling it are still keen and not zoned out, the engineers are still making the product better. In the last years eventhough most of the bugs have been worked out, the focus is towards the upcoming model and all resources have been moved to the new model and the assemblers are bored now.

Last edited by Boom vang; 01-21-2007 at 12:49 PM.
Old 01-21-2007, 01:28 PM

2005 C230 SS

I was always told by people in the industry (and I work closely with the sector) that the best time to buy the product is mid way through the life cycle. Usually this is the year there is a minor face lift. The people assembling it are still keen and not zoned out, the engineers are still making the product better. In the last years eventhough most of the bugs have been worked out, the focus is towards the upcoming model and all resources have been moved to the new model and the assemblers are bored now.
I think 2005 was the perfect production year to buy the W203....besides loosing the standard free maintenance which sucked, I think that was the year where you got the most for your money. That is just my opinion.

Regarding the W204...I hope I like it better in person, because I am not thrilled with the pics. But I am sure it will grow on me, I will not be buying any car for the next 3-4 years because I am very happy with my current car. So maybe in a few years after they work out the bugs and do a minor facelift.
Old 01-21-2007, 01:37 PM

2014 Audi S5 Cabriolet 3.0T
Looks great...If I am in the market for a car in its class in a few years I would buy it. I just hope my next car is a convertible!
Old 01-21-2007, 01:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C3Twon AWD Jumpofffff
i think my next car would most likely be a 2 door E46 M3? or a bigger 4 door E 500 or 550i
Old 01-21-2007, 03:22 PM

2005 C230 K and 2009 Smart
i was originally going for the e92 but lease is too high for me right now especially buying a town home in 3-4 mos so will consider the new c

Last edited by maecclass; 01-21-2007 at 03:24 PM.
Old 01-21-2007, 05:11 PM

06 C 350 2014 GLK350
I plan to buy a W204 C350 as soon as I can get one at invoice. Based on the past year that might not take too long since the market seems very limited for the C350's. There is always tourist factory delivery but I'm tired of doing that.
Old 01-21-2007, 05:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

One with 4 wheels
Originally Posted by ismeto

I have to admit, the finished version does look better to me than all those test mule pics....
Old 01-21-2007, 05:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 C320wz
you guys all like the model with the big 3 pointed star grill more right ? (there are two of them: one with the normal grill and one with a big 3 pointed star grill, benzo-boi posted pics of this one)
Old 01-21-2007, 06:02 PM

2003_C320
I probably get it in two years time. just like other said.. wait till the bugs and revision etc iron out
i love the exterior but the interior look abit too simple
Drew
Old 01-21-2007, 07:20 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Ford Pinto
My rule from now on is to wait it out for the 4th model year unless the consensus is they are good to go after the first.

I have an 2002 C240 that I would have burned back in the day because of problems. Now I can't wait to get my wife in a S class so I can heavy mod the C.
Old 01-21-2007, 08:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
2006 E55 and 2002 E320
Originally Posted by wizkid
My rule from now on is to wait it out for the 4th model year unless the consensus is they are good to go after the first.

I have an 2002 C240 that I would have burned back in the day because of problems. Now I can't wait to get my wife in a S class so I can heavy mod the C.
I agree, my rule is about the same as well. I want to wait until the "updated version" is released. Mainly paranoid of small electronic glitches from the first year cars.

I have also developed a strong distaste for the steering wheel. But I do like the door (with its lit door handles). I'll wait for the facelifted model.
Old 01-22-2007, 12:03 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2005 C230 Kompressor Sport Sedan
Die neue C-Klasse von Mercedes

Originally Posted by ismeto

Very sensible, I'm with you on that one. Foolish to buy first model year car, I don't care how rigorously Dr. Z tested it.

The car is beautiful inside and out -- such brilliant understated German luxury. I think I will be opting for the European Delivery this time.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: How many of you are considering buying the W204 in Summer of '07?