C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

jaguar,audi,bmw and new C CLASS

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-08-2007, 10:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
jaguar,audi,bmw and new C CLASS

I just leased my new c class sport 300 black,(black is too sick on the car)- i owned a jag audi and bmw and the new c class steering handling everything puts it all to shame from personal experience and not being biased.
Old 08-09-2007, 12:23 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
i535
100% agree, I have the same experience, plus I owned Lexus and Acura. Shame, shame and shame. MB is still the king of cars. Have happy riding.
Old 08-09-2007, 01:18 AM

C70/C350
at 228 hp it's not the king of anything

how are you going to feel when you get it serviced and you are sitting next to a BMW owner who is paying NOTHING at all for his/her service and your bill comes out to several hundred dollars. How will it feel when they are required to simply sign their name ont he service sheet while you have to sign your check book/ CC slip?

some thing don't make sense no matter how you look at them

I love the C series look, but lets be honest here, it has some short comings. I look forward to getting behind the wheel and seeing how well it compares
Old 08-09-2007, 01:28 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

i535
Not only HPs make a car. If you are interested in pure power, then you can take 63 edition. More important that MB has very well engineered car. Every small thing in right place, you can drive car very relaxed and confident. Comfort, luxury, outstanding design and style make MB differ from other cars. I owned many makes, and MB is the king.

Regarding service cost, I own BMW which needs service only at 15,000 miles. So generally for my 3 years lease it will be in service just once. How much I save? $150? When I bought BMW I paid $600 as advertisement fee, I do not need to pay when I buy MB. Please note that.
Old 08-09-2007, 10:29 AM

C70/C350
this car suits me perfectly in every area except performance, which is a big one. But I'm comfortable with 268hp if that is all we can expect, but I wouldn't buy it new unless it's a lease

the 63amg will be 20K$ more. When you enter the 60K$+ mark there are plenty of cars to consider. But that isn't the point

After reading the R&T review, mind you I have not driven the car myself yet, my guess is that in 6 months you can get a loaded C300 for less than 34K$ with low miles. When the 4matic C350 comes out the 300s will drop even more and within a year I'd say high 20s to low 30s for a C300 loaded

By the by, the R&T completely disagree with you both when comparing this vehicle to Audi, BMW, etc. and like3 I said before, BMW's service pack makes a compelling arguement when you think that your car is slower, has less performance in handling and braking and yetyou still pay more out of pocket - just some considerations. I personally think the new BMWs are ugly as hell but the 335xi is damn fast and awd and I'm handles very nicely for the same money and no service costs. So if I was practical and impartial the BMW is a better value. But the MB is far better looking aesthetically to me

In one year from now I am moving to an area that has very little to no bad weather. Cars last for a very long time there due to this and I will be going to school full time. I want this car to last me the next 4-6 years. So unless you absolutely have to have it now, waiting a year will save you substantial money given that MB seem to depreciate fairly fast the first year or two then hold their value

just my opinion
Old 08-09-2007, 02:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

i535
Reading reviews, especially from R&T is quiet helpful. However I trust more reviews given by owners. It is difficult to evaluate a car just having it for a week and keeping in mind that you have to review it in unbiased way. I worked as journalist, and I can tell you it is not simple job. Our opinion on the cars is based on years of ownership, when we know how the car behaves in different situation and conditions. How easy to control it in everyday driving. There are tons of small details, as turn lever position, or sound when you open trunk. Nobody from reviewers take attention to all small details which make ownership of car really pleasant. They take in consideration very rough parameters, like acceleration, 1/4 mile, slalom time, cabin size, trunk size, and price. When I was participated in car research study, I was impressed that they asked me feedback about 350 different parameters of a car including how easy I can enter to it, touching my shoulder something when I enter or not. No one review does so detailed research.
From other side even rough numbers given by R&T mean not much in every day driving. For example my car performs much better of many others, however I get passed quite easily by Honda Civic when starting from traffic light. The same Civic can out handle me at ramp and so on. Why it happens? Right, because driver, so a car win if driver fills good in the car and can use all its possibilities.
Old 08-10-2007, 01:08 AM

08' BMW E92 Coupe
Gotta say it depends on what you're looking for in a car. I had an 02' BMW 330 coupe prior to my benz and car to me was the best car I've owned. Would destroy my benz in handling and performance, and was just an all around fun car to drive. Was comfortable but did tend to hit larger than normal bumps rather harshly which I didn't mind. My benz is more comfortable. That's about all it has on my old bimmer. But I like a more sporty feel to a car. If you looking for more luxury, then I'd say benz is a better choice.