C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Queries re new c-class

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-20-2007, 04:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C200K
Queries re new c-class

I would appreciate any feedback on the follwong two questions re the new c-class:

1) Does it have a 3.5mm auxillary jack? All information seems to point to a iPod jac but it will not be compatible with other MP3 player.

2) Does the rear folding seat looks any different to the standard seats? I mean does it reduce the rear space? does it have gaps or alignment problems? Perhaps owners of previous c-class can comment?
Old 08-20-2007, 11:28 AM

C230
Originally Posted by forumx
I would appreciate any feedback on the follwong two questions re the new c-class:

1) Does it have a 3.5mm auxillary jack? All information seems to point to a iPod jac but it will not be compatible with other MP3 player.

2) Does the rear folding seat looks any different to the standard seats? I mean does it reduce the rear space? does it have gaps or alignment problems? Perhaps owners of previous c-class can comment?
1 - yes

2 - no
Old 08-20-2007, 06:40 PM
RLE
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
'08 C300 Lux Barolo Red Beige Leather P2 MM 18" wheels '84 944
Folding seats

<<Does the rear folding seat looks any different to the standard seats? I mean does it reduce the rear space? does it have gaps or alignment problems? Perhaps owners of previous c-class can comment?>>

The folding seats in my '01 C320 have been used many times. Without them I couldn't carry much of anything. I've hauled tires, mounted wheels and tires not to mention ten bags of garden bark. All with the area covered up to prevent any damage to my leather interior.
Old 08-20-2007, 06:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 C350

1. The MM is supposed to have a MM input for you to use. I made sure since I have a Treo and use that as my mp3 player instead of an Ipod.

2. I looked at a model with the folding seats and saw no real difference other than the crease where the seats are split, which isn't so bad at all.

I am now curious about any noise difference in the back seat with that option. It can't be as sound proof as the whole seat, but I'm wondering if it is really noticeable or not for someone sitting in the rear seat at highway speeds.
Old 08-20-2007, 10:43 PM

C200K
Originally Posted by MBTex
I am now curious about any noise difference in the back seat with that option. It can't be as sound proof as the whole seat, but I'm wondering if it is really noticeable or not for someone sitting in the rear seat at highway speeds.
That's an good point which I have never thought of. All my previous cars have folding rear seat as standard so I can't really compare. In fact, MB is the only car I've come across that doesn't have folding seat as standard.

Found this picture on the official uk site and it shows a fairly large opening from the boot. Question is whether other cars with standard rear seats have this opening or is the boot completely sealed?
Attached Thumbnails Queries re new c-class-folding-seat.jpg  

Last edited by forumx; 08-20-2007 at 11:05 PM.
Old 08-21-2007, 12:14 AM

CLK 500, IS250 AWD
That's an good point which I have never thought of. All my previous cars have folding rear seat as standard so I can't really compare. In fact, MB is the only car I've come across that doesn't have folding seat as standard.

i was looking at the w204's. The lexus IS and infiniti G35 both dont have split folding rear seats because they think it isn't "safe"

Its very useful though/

btw, how does the rear legroom compare to lexus, bmw, infiniti?
Old 08-21-2007, 01:05 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
E550 4MATIC
Originally Posted by buzz888
i was looking at the w204's. The lexus IS and infiniti G35 both dont have split folding rear seats because they think it isn't "safe"

Its very useful though/

btw, how does the rear legroom compare to lexus, bmw, infiniti?
This sounds like a load of Lexus salesman garbage since their Toyota counterparts offer this option. If they felt this strongly about so called saftey then why wouldn't they not offer this on all the cars they made?