C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

W024 Owners - Post your car problems

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-01-2007, 06:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by rb23lb
Ya, so I noticed I get about two seperate 3 inch diameter puddles of water under the front part of my car right about at the area under the car where the winshield meets the dash...

the c class shouldn't have any water in its system so I expect that this could only be condensation from the air coniditioning system, right?

It did this still after I turned off the AC and drove around for half an hour too last night...

This morning, sure enough, after min drive to gas station it started dripping water again...

Anybody know what this sounds like??

Loose hose maybe somewhere? where would this water be coming from?

It drips in to 2 evenly spaced apart by 20 inches, puddles under the middle of the car at right about where the meets the glass...

I am about to take it into the dealer!!!! only the 4th day for a new car
If it's water and not any sort of fluid, then it can't be coming from any internal system. Most likely this is water from the atmosphere condensing on the A/C components, which happens on any car with A/C. Nothing to worry about.
Old 11-01-2007, 06:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
LOADED 08' C350 & 14' GLK-350 Diamond White (P1, MM, AMG Pkg, Ln Trkng, Htd Sts, Keylss Go)
Originally Posted by mkaresh
If it's water and not any sort of fluid, then it can't be coming from any internal system. Most likely this is water from the atmosphere condensing on the A/C components, which happens on any car with A/C. Nothing to worry about.
thats what I would assume, but it drips water every time I turn on the AC, even if only for 5 minutes...

Can other w204 owners please check under the front part of your car next time you drive it and verify that i drips water if this is supposed to be normal...

just seemed like an excessive amount of condensation for such a short drive...

is this even worth mentioning to the dealer?
Old 11-01-2007, 07:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2008 C300 Sport, RWD, US
Do you have high humidity where you live??
Old 11-01-2007, 07:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I'm going to hazard a guess that he doesn't live in Phoenix

If the A/C is on long enough to cool the inside of the car, then the components under the hood get cold enough for water to condense on them.

If the water was coming from anywhere inside a component, it would be dry at this point.
Old 11-01-2007, 08:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

LOADED 08' C350 & 14' GLK-350 Diamond White (P1, MM, AMG Pkg, Ln Trkng, Htd Sts, Keylss Go)
Originally Posted by JimPap
Do you have high humidity where you live??
70-90% relative humidity today... explains probably some of the frequent puddling with only short drives with short AC usage...

even with the AC off though it still makes 2 puddles after i park...

i think this is because there is some sort of air "conditioning" taking place at all times in the C's interior, even if you push the off button
Old 11-01-2007, 08:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by mkaresh
I'm going to hazard a guess that he doesn't live in Phoenix

If the A/C is on long enough to cool the inside of the car, then the components under the hood get cold enough for water to condense on them.

If the water was coming from anywhere inside a component, it would be dry at this point.
currently in santa barbara for work on the coast of CA... was relatively foggy along the coast and about 2 miles inland was sunny today... relative humidity currently at 90% for tonight at 530 pm though
Old 11-01-2007, 08:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

That'll do it. Sounds like you're going through that period with a new car where you're wondering if anything that doesn't look or sound right might be a problem. You might want to do what I say rather than what I do: relax and enjoy the new car!
Old 11-01-2007, 09:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

true, i am soooo going through that period!

well, any excssive fluid loss underneath the car always coauses intial alarm until you get to the bottom of it or find out what it really is...
Old 11-07-2007, 07:52 PM
QQQ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MY2001 C320
bump
Old 11-07-2007, 10:33 PM
RLE
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
'08 C300 Lux Barolo Red Beige Leather P2 MM 18" wheels '84 944
Funny noises/ a new one

Since new (now 800 miles) my C300 at low speed has been making a sound from underneath similar to walking in dry leaves.

Snap snap pop.

Forward or backward, 10mph or slower.

If I can summon the energy, I may jack it up and slide under for a look-see.
Old 11-07-2007, 11:55 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2002-C230k 2005-C230K-SS 2005 Infinity G35 2008-C350
Tire Presure

Took car in for the 1k-3k service and they told me they replaced my tire presure monitor module. Said they are having some issues with them.
Old 11-08-2007, 07:05 PM
Almost a Member!

1986 300E, 2008 C300
Keyless go sometimes no-go!

My Keyless Go is acting up already on my C300, many times I had to use the remote key to lock the car, any of you guys have experienced this trouble before?
Old 11-08-2007, 07:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

good thing U.S. doesnt have this feature
Old 11-14-2007, 08:04 PM
Almost a Member!

auto tranny

my car: C300 4matic. a couple of weeks ago, while going up a hill at a very slow and steady speed, the tranny all of a sudden made a big "BANG" noise, almost sounded like a gun going off, and it almost felt as if the tranny dropped right out.. freaked me right out!

it appeared to be a one time deal, tranny's shifting smoothly as of today.. however, i just went to see my mechanic to switch into winter tires and he was telling me of another client whose brand new C350 experienced a similar "bang" noise from his transmission/drivetrain.. it happened to him a few more times eventually to the point where he couldn't drive it anymore.. when he'd accelerate, the car would decelerate! anyhow, apparently took it to the dealer, and they replaced his entire tranny.

has anyone else had a similar experience with their auto tranny, that is experience a startling sharp bang noise? i wonder if there's any known issues with the 7G transmission.. i read in another thread that some peeps have experienced jerking downshifts that was remedied with a computer remapping, but this experience would appear to be much different.
Old 11-14-2007, 09:03 PM

2008 C350 Sport, Black on Black
The Big Bang Theory started the World...

I hope you wouldn't have to start off with a new tranny with this Big Bang!

Old 11-15-2007, 01:26 PM

2008 C280 Avantgarde
Guys this is the complaint I sent to Daimler Chrysler Egypt, UK & Germany

Dear All,
I am writing you this email to complain about the car I have just bought from one of your esteemed dealers in my country (Mercedes Benz Egypt – Giza National Automotive).
My car is a brand new 2008 C-class C280 (Chassis Number: 219; Engine Number: 670483) which I have received less than a week ago. Although I have been waiting for it for almost 4 months now, I really don't want the car anymore.
In less than a week, I went to the dealer 3 times for the same problem. The audio 20 system, the problem occurred on the first day I got the car (everything went dead in the audio 20, phone, CD, display and everything related to it).I called the salesman whom I bought it from (GNA) and thankfully he came and disconnected then re-connected the battery cables and everything went back to normal on the spot. 2 days later, all of a sudden it went dead again then an hour later after I locked/unlocked the car and left it for a while, it went back to normal. I brought it to the dealer (it was working fine by that time) and they had it on the computer, but unfortunately the computer read nothing wrong with the car. They performed a reset and told me everything will be fine. But sadly, this wasn't the end of it. Yesterday the same problem occurred twice (every time I start the car, I don't know whether the audio 20 will work or not!!). This time I was able to take it to the dealer with the system dead. They had it on the computer again, but their computer couldn't interact with the car this time. It performed the check list until it was supposed to check the audio 20, it went on halt), and couldn't continue interacting with the car.
They told me that they will have to get back to Germany and feed me back in two working days and I will have to wait for their trouble shooting which might involve changing the system under warranty, which is not acceptable in a car that I only had for 1 week.
I really don't accept this and this is not my payback when I buy a brand new Mercedes under warranty!! (In my country I paid 77,000 $ to get this car!) Honestly, I thought you put the standards of professional benchmarks that others follow. I am writing you this in order to have my car exchanged with another one immediately and I believe I have all the right for such request.
Your soonest feedback is highly appreciated in order to save a proud owner.

Thank you,
Old 11-15-2007, 05:29 PM
QQQ

MY2001 C320
Originally Posted by twinspark
Guys this is the complaint I sent to Daimler Chrysler Egypt, UK & Germany

Dear All,
I am writing you this email to complain about the car I have just bought from one of your esteemed dealers in my country (Mercedes Benz Egypt – Giza National Automotive).
My car is a brand new 2008 C-class C280 (Chassis Number: 219; Engine Number: 670483) which I have received less than a week ago. Although I have been waiting for it for almost 4 months now, I really don't want the car anymore.
In less than a week, I went to the dealer 3 times for the same problem. The audio 20 system, the problem occurred on the first day I got the car (everything went dead in the audio 20, phone, CD, display and everything related to it).I called the salesman whom I bought it from (GNA) and thankfully he came and disconnected then re-connected the battery cables and everything went back to normal on the spot. 2 days later, all of a sudden it went dead again then an hour later after I locked/unlocked the car and left it for a while, it went back to normal. I brought it to the dealer (it was working fine by that time) and they had it on the computer, but unfortunately the computer read nothing wrong with the car. They performed a reset and told me everything will be fine. But sadly, this wasn't the end of it. Yesterday the same problem occurred twice (every time I start the car, I don't know whether the audio 20 will work or not!!). This time I was able to take it to the dealer with the system dead. They had it on the computer again, but their computer couldn't interact with the car this time. It performed the check list until it was supposed to check the audio 20, it went on halt), and couldn't continue interacting with the car.
They told me that they will have to get back to Germany and feed me back in two working days and I will have to wait for their trouble shooting which might involve changing the system under warranty, which is not acceptable in a car that I only had for 1 week.
I really don't accept this and this is not my payback when I buy a brand new Mercedes under warranty!! (In my country I paid 77,000 $ to get this car!) Honestly, I thought you put the standards of professional benchmarks that others follow. I am writing you this in order to have my car exchanged with another one immediately and I believe I have all the right for such request.
Your soonest feedback is highly appreciated in order to save a proud owner.

Thank you,
Welcome to a long relationship with MB... first the sales, then service and now the head office... they purposely make the car that way so customers frequently revisit the dealer. More face time means relationship building and maybe you will be granted an audience with Dr. Zetsche if you make enough noise...
Old 11-15-2007, 07:03 PM

c300
Originally Posted by nikels
has anyone else had a similar experience with their auto tranny, that is experience a startling sharp bang noise?
I did, for the first 1000miles or so, the first shift of the day after it'd been sitting out all night. I'd back out of the driveway (S or C, didn't matter) put it in drive, car would move off and then the first shift after that, loud bang.

It's since stopped doing it.
Old 11-16-2007, 10:54 PM
RLE
MBWorld Fanatic!

Funny noises followup

<<Since new (now 800 miles) my C300 at low speed has been making a sound from underneath similar to walking in dry leaves.

Snap snap pop. Forward or backward, 10mph or slower.>>

Found and eliminated. The RF tire pressure monitor had come loose and was clunking around inside the tire at low speeds, striking the wheel.

No other problems, a Mercedes miracle.
Old 11-17-2007, 08:45 PM
QQQ

MY2001 C320
Originally Posted by RLE
No other problems, a Mercedes miracle.
You are very right. A miracle indeed. Keep the fingers crossed.
Old 11-18-2007, 11:44 AM

2008 C300 Sport
Originally Posted by overtaker
very much brake dust from the brakes, clouding the rims.
yes I have the same problem and it is PISSIN me off...
Old 11-19-2007, 08:57 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2011 E350 4Matic Wagon, 2013 C350 4Matic Sedan
Originally Posted by Moneymike
yes I have the same problem and it is PISSIN me off...
+1
And all the details on the AMG rims make them impossible to clean!
Old 11-19-2007, 11:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E550 4MATIC
Brake dust is a way of Germany car owning life. Get used to it.
Old 11-19-2007, 11:23 PM
RLE
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG wheel dirt

<<And all the details on the AMG rims make them impossible to clean!>>

But then, we knew that before ordering them because we had seen them in advance. See my previous post.
Old 11-20-2007, 12:59 AM

2008 C300 4Matic Sport 2007 Acura MDX
Originally Posted by pmb600
Brake dust is a way of Germany car owning life. Get used to it.
Buy some Poorboy's Spray and Rinse. Works wonders and it's easy to apply like the name implies. If you want you can also treat your rims to some Klasse All in One and throw a layer of Klasse Sealant Glaze on top of it.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: W024 Owners - Post your car problems