C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

C Drive Morristown, NJ

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-16-2007, 09:52 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2010 GLK 4Matic Steel Gray
Originally Posted by pmb600
Ah, I was there when they threw you off at the closed course. Were you the guy that got like 5 cones stuck in the car?
as was i, i think...were you driving the lux?

pmb600, it seems we have very similar tastes. Ive been waiting to jump into the 08 CTS since i saw one at the NYIAS. I like the new CTS, but the options are quite expensive, and might put it out of my budget.

Last edited by kunz; 09-16-2007 at 09:56 PM.
Old 09-16-2007, 10:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E55
Wow! In all seriousness, what are the chances that 3 MBworld members were there at the same time at the same closed road course section. Sorry, I didn't get a chance to meet you guys..
Old 09-16-2007, 11:10 PM
RLE
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
'08 C300 Lux Barolo Red Beige Leather P2 MM 18" wheels '84 944
What talking..

<<What talking about this Man?>>

He's apologizing for his haircut.
Old 09-17-2007, 01:04 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
E550 4MATIC
Originally Posted by kunz

pmb600, it seems we have very similar tastes. Ive been waiting to jump into the 08 CTS since i saw one at the NYIAS. I like the new CTS, but the options are quite expensive, and might put it out of my budget.
I was looking around the Cadillac website before and discovered that the CTS has ambient lighting very similar to the S-Class also. I think that is such a cool feature, I will have to stop by the dealer for a drive at night so I can see how this looks in person.
Old 09-17-2007, 10:06 PM

2008 C350 Black/Black Leather, P2, 18" AMG, Pano, illuminated door sills, chrome handles, long wait
PMB I think you'll not be as impressed with the CTS.

BECAUSE...caddy is throwing features and gloss over this thing because they know they don't have the prestige of MB.

That being said, the buttons on the center stack are the cheap gray plastic found in the cobalt and other lesser GM models, and the layout is much more busy. They also have tan or gray headliners which I think is just a cost cutting measure.

As far as looks, the C wins the exterior for me by a long shot.
Overall I think the C class is more refined (7 speed auto) and the interior is simple and not pretentious, where the Caddy excess of chrome (as usual) to be more flashy. I want quality design over flash...

What did you think of the seats though? (compaired to the c) I ordered Leather on the C350 and was wondering how they compared. I saw it in person, didn't sit in the CTS though.

thanks
Old 09-17-2007, 11:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
E550 4MATIC
Originally Posted by Peyton
PMB I think you'll not be as impressed with the CTS.

BECAUSE...caddy is throwing features and gloss over this thing because they know they don't have the prestige of MB.

That being said, the buttons on the center stack are the cheap gray plastic found in the cobalt and other lesser GM models, and the layout is much more busy. They also have tan or gray headliners which I think is just a cost cutting measure.

As far as looks, the C wins the exterior for me by a long shot.
Overall I think the C class is more refined (7 speed auto) and the interior is simple and not pretentious, where the Caddy excess of chrome (as usual) to be more flashy. I want quality design over flash...

What did you think of the seats though? (compaired to the c) I ordered Leather on the C350 and was wondering how they compared. I saw it in person, didn't sit in the CTS though.

thanks
I haven't sat in the CTS yet. The one they had when I was there was already sold so I couldn't sit in it, but they did open it and let me peak inside. Don't worry I do not plan on buying a CTS, I just think it's interesting, especially since my dad is such a Caddy fan and I'm such a Mercedes fan. He has a 2005 STS and the interior is abysmal. He is always impressed with my car's interior and the sticker on my car was $20K less! I just am pleased to see Cadillac stepping it up in the looks department. My dad's 2003 CTS was nice and drove well, but the interior was very cheap.
Old 09-17-2007, 11:52 PM
MBH

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2005 E55 Delivered 01/07/05
Originally Posted by kunz

You will all have to excuse SleeperX, he only knows how to drive fast down the 1/4 mile at E-Town

I was there on Saturday from 11-1pm. I didnot get thrown off the course or hit any cones
Old 09-19-2007, 05:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55
Originally Posted by MBH
You will all have to excuse SleeperX, he only knows how to drive fast down the 1/4 mile at E-Town

I was there on Saturday from 11-1pm. I didnot get thrown off the course or hit any cones
LMAO!!
When are you coming to E-town again? The weather is getting very nice for 1/4 mile runs.. I think a few guys from the forum are going tonight.