C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Message for Mercedes Benz - how to improve C350

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-28-2007, 04:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Waiting for W204 Facelift
Originally Posted by err
I think this is all part of MBUSA business strategy. They come out with the most basic C class in its first year of introduction, then

on 2nd year they may add memory seat + keyless go + widely available 4-matic option

on 3rd year they are going to beautify the interior, maybe do a little exterior upgrades

on 4th year more exterior upgrades.. maybe better wheel + body kits + new MM features

on and on and on...

This is a business and they want their customers to be excited all the time when the new C class is released the next year.

Think of it as not spoiling your wife / gf on the first b-day/anniversary celebration. If you are giving her a C350 on the first anniversary, what is she to expect on your second anniversary? 4ct dimond ring?

+1

Old 09-29-2007, 10:01 AM

2008 C350 and 2003 Z4 3.0
Originally Posted by oblu
True, some of us would, but not at Merc pricing. This is a max profit car, and all those options at current pricing would push a C300 well into near $50k USD money. They already have to throw incentives to move E classes, I'm sure the fear is a C in that price range wouldn't move. I know I wouldn't buy it.

Coming from Audi/BMW the P1/P2 packages are oddly chosen to me. Well, actually I take that back, they got them fairly right for the C, but they're just bizzarro world on the E. Not that I'm unused to packages, just the other brands do a better job of packaging options people would really want grouped together. eq. BMW has the 'premium package' which consists of all the luxury items like garage opener, and rain sensor and leather grouped together for the same money as P2. But they also offer them up ala-carte.

I got over the seat memory thing. If you poke around the car long enough with a critical eye, and then go do the same on a 3 series, you can see areas where both skimped to get the price point/profit margins. In my eye, MB skimped more than BMW on stuff that the consumer can physically see. But BMW has the advantage in volume, so they can afford to make less on each car.

I don't get it I have (mem seats, steering wheel, mirrors) on my 2005 C 230 and it was about $3700 cheaper then my new 2008 C 350. If I remember I think the mem seat package was something like $670. Surely this package could have been included in the new c-class.
Old 10-01-2007, 09:34 AM

2008 E350 4matic
I would like to see:

Keyless Go
4matic
Paddle shift
AMG appearance package

Mike