C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

2 All mercedes OWner need all your advice and input

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-02-2007, 09:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I own 2008 C-350 2008 E-350 2005 C -230 Kompressor 2006 FORd F-350 6.0
Arrow 2 All mercedes OWner need all your advice and input

I been since march 2007 car shopping. I driven many cars but unsure on wha tto get i keep comming back to mercedes car . I am very confused on what car to get brand wise. I look at honda and altimas and mercedes and lexus. The one that stands out the most is the mercedes c350 but sometime i think it looks small. The car i got in my head now is the cadillac 2008 sts v.s mercedes c350. Im so confused im concerned about reliability. I just don't want to end with a new mercedes with ratles and noises. Like i read here in the forum some say the 08 c350 had noises when you drive. I thought of an e class but i like better the sport look of c350 . Please owner give your thoughts. So i can make a wise decision im tired of looking at car reviews. I been car shopping for 6 intense month.
Old 10-02-2007, 09:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2008 C300 Sport 4matic
why are you so worried about your car looking so small?

The Cadillac CTS would be a much closer competitor than the STS, eventhough the CTS is almost 10" longer than the C-class. The C-class will have a much better resale value (depreciation for Cadillacs/GM vehicles are rather dismal) and the design, safety and technology of Mercedes cars are much superior. Unless you intend on hauling 4 others and bunch of stuff in the trunk most of the time, than size would not be much of a concern.

I ordered my C300 4Matic because of it's reasonable size because it is sportier, more nimble and efficient. I personally wanted a coupe but 4Matic is high on my list and it is not offered on any MB coupes (I was considering a BMW 328xi coupe and Lexus IS250 AWD). Cadillacs tend to be more luxury oriented, and I much prefer the characteristic firm sporty feel and handling of a German car than a large American luxo-boat.

The real testiment is to test drive all of the cars (on city, highway and twisting roads) you are considering, so you could determine what you really like.

Good luck!
Old 10-03-2007, 12:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 C230K Sport Sedan, 6 speed manual
The press reviews on the Cadillac CTS have mostly been good. I think Cadillac is finally starting to break away from the Detroit product doldrums.

The main drawback to a Cadillac (or almost any other Detroit product) is the terrible resale value. Durability also remains an unknown. If you prefer the Cadillac, maybe leasing is the best option.

Mercedes Benz has staked its reputation on durability for the last 100 years (it is generally regarded as the oldest car company on the planet). Mercedes are used as taxicabs in Europe, because they are expected to last many hundreds of thousands of kilometers. Admittedly, most of the taxis are E-Class sedans with diesel engines and manual transmissions.

A Mercedes will hold its resale value much better. It will feel solid for many years, and the powertrain is very durable.

The Cadillac is larger and more luxurious than the Mercedes. Obviously, I would still choose the Mercedes. But then, this is a Mercedes enthusiast's website.