C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Are these standard features?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-04-2007, 11:21 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C350
Are these standard features?

I read about a series of safety and comfort features that the new c class is suppose to have:

Situation-responsive shock absorber control. (The ride gets stiffer or smoother depending on the driving conditions)

Intelligent light system. (The power output to the headlights is raised when you are driving at higher speeds to cover +50 ft distance of brightness)

Pre-Safe preventive protection. (Seat belts are locked and seats are moved straight up when the car “thinks” an accident is about to happen i.e. you hit the brakes really hard)

Agility control
And others.

I drive a c350 P2 and pano roof; and I haven’t been able to “feel” any of these. How do we know if we have these features or do these also fall into the big “euro only” box?
Old 10-06-2007, 04:02 PM

C350
anyone?
Old 10-06-2007, 10:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 Prius & Miata MX5 PRHT, 2010 Toyota Venza AWD, 05 C55 AMG, Yamaha 1100 Custom, Honda 250 Reflex
Yes, they are described as standard features for the W204. I am afraid you will have to literally "drive" your car dangerously hard to experience it. I suggest you do not and just believe what the MB brochure says.

Enjoy your new C350 and drive safely.
Old 10-06-2007, 11:11 PM
RLE
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
'08 C300 Lux Barolo Red Beige Leather P2 MM 18" wheels '84 944
Features

<<I read about a series of safety and comfort features that the new c class is suppose to have:

<<Situation-responsive shock absorber control. (The ride gets stiffer or smoother depending on the driving conditions)>>

Standard equipment, loosely called agility control.

<<Intelligent light system. (The power output to the headlights is raised when you are driving at higher speeds to cover +50 ft distance of brightness)>>

Not available in North America and other places.

<<Pre-Safe preventive protection. (Seat belts are locked and seats are moved straight up when the car “thinks” an accident is about to happen i.e. you hit the brakes really hard)>>

Not available in North America

I drive a c350 P2 and pano roof; and I haven’t been able to “feel” any of these. How do we know if we have these features or do these also fall into the big “euro only” box?>>

See above. The previous poster's answers were mostly incorrect.
Old 10-06-2007, 11:58 PM

C350
Thanks for the info.
Its sad to see the car stripped from its "standard" features.
Old 10-07-2007, 12:02 AM
RLE
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
'08 C300 Lux Barolo Red Beige Leather P2 MM 18" wheels '84 944
Strippers

<<Thanks for the info. Its sad to see the car stripped from its "standard" features.>>

You and me both.
Old 10-07-2007, 11:40 AM

red bicycle
Originally Posted by Bokx_350
Thanks for the info.
Its sad to see the car stripped from its "standard" features.
i don't think the intelligent light system (and flashing brake lights for that matter) are approved by the DOT, so not everything can be blamed on MBUSA. why there are no adaptive xenons (the ones that follow steering angle) is a question for MBUSA.

agility control what the standard suspension and steering setup is called. the "advanced agility" package (with sport button) available on european cars now will apparently be available next model year.

i think MBUSA is purposefully leaving features of the new C to simplify production and enhance quality control. i would think things (like memory seats) will trickle into the cars over time.

Last edited by whatup?; 10-07-2007 at 11:46 AM.
Old 10-07-2007, 12:08 PM

C350
Oh.. so my car DOESNT addapt to the road condition?
Old 10-07-2007, 02:35 PM

red bicycle
Originally Posted by Bokx_350
Oh.. so my car DOESNT addapt to the road condition?
this is what the C comes with standard:

AGILITY CONTROL - this is the term used by Mercedes-Benz for all new and further developments that improve both comfort and agility in equal measure. This standard package includes the AGILITY CONTROL suspension, which controls the shock absorber forces according to the driving situation: when driving normally with low shock absorber impulses, the damping forces are automatically reduced for a noticeable improvement in ride comfort - but without any compromise in handling safety. When driving more dynamically, the maximum damping forces are set and the car is effectively stabilised. The AGILITY CONTROL steering of the new C-Class has a ratio of 14.5, and is therefore six percent more direct than the steering of the preceding model. The likewise included AGILITY CONTROL gearshift reflects the sporty character of the C-Class with a short travel and precise shifts.

this is optional in europe, supposedly optional here next year:

Mercedes-Benz has also developed the ADVANCED AGILITY package with a sporty driving mode, which will become optionally available from autumn 2007. This offers the driver a choice of two gearshift programmes: Sport and Comfort. Within these programmes the shock absorber for each wheel has infinitely variable electronic control. A newly developed speed-sensitive steering with a more direct ratio, variable centring and adaptation of the accelerator characteristics and automatic transmission shift points is also included in the package.
Old 10-09-2007, 11:40 AM
QQQ

MY2001 C320
ILS, Advanced Agility and Pre-Safe not available in North America. Europe also gets driver knee airbag.
Old 10-09-2007, 05:25 PM

Waiting for W204 Facelift
I do not belive Pre-safe is MUST ! maybe it is good but for What and for Whom ?

like new more lights with ILS and knee airbag

suppose Agilty control is car's usual system character not directly security equipment

Last edited by ismeto; 10-09-2007 at 05:27 PM.