C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Fletcher Jones Dealership in So-Cal. Please add comments/details if you bought here!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-26-2007, 01:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
LOADED 08' C350 & 14' GLK-350 Diamond White (P1, MM, AMG Pkg, Ln Trkng, Htd Sts, Keylss Go)
Fletcher Jones Dealership in So-Cal. Please add comments/details if you bought here!

Hi, I am picking up a new C at Fletcher Jones in Newport Beach in Southern California very soon and wanted to know who else has got their new ride from there since the w204 came out...

They claim to be the largest volume dealer in all of California, so I would expect a lot of you would be getting your cars from here if in the So-Cal area....

So Far I have been working with Eric from the internet sales and Rick who is his manager....

Would really love to see how things fared with everybody else and what their experiences were before I head down there to negotiate and get thrown to the wolves...

Thanks in advance for any helpful info or tips you can provide!

Anything like who you worked with, what u paid, or any general tips on how to have the best experience or what to ask for or what to decline or what extra fees they try to sneak in on you would be great! thanks!
Old 10-26-2007, 06:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 E500
I prefer MB of Laguna Niguel. FJ just isn't any good at the negotiation. Very hard line. Plus my family is going on a 15 year relationship with MB of Laguna Niguel. I have a great salesman there. If you want his info PM me.

Good luck
j-
Old 10-27-2007, 03:16 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2017 E300, Selenite Grey, P2, Sport Wheel package 18" AMG, Leather seats
I just picked up my C350 (P2, MM, 18" Amg, leather) from them tonight. I ordered it on Aug. 13 and they delivered it almost exactly when they said it would come in. When I ordered it they said not to expect to get any discount off of MSRP. Mind you this was 2.5 months ago, and they had several outstanding orders already. When we talked financing today they absolutely would not budge more than $500 below MSRP. If you're shopping for a car off the lot you might do better, but I doubt it. They did NOT try to sneak in any other hidden fees, contrary to popular belief. Fairly straightforward, just don't expect big discounts, yet.

By the way - I love the car! The way I look at it is that I saved $500 more than I was expecting.
Old 10-27-2007, 09:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
08' MB C350 / 03' Lincoln Aviator
Originally Posted by The Benz
I just picked up my C350 (P2, MM, 18" Amg, leather) from them tonight.
Howdy Benz, can you tell me if your new C350 was built in Germany or SA and what your Vin# starts with. Somebody posted that all Germany built cars have a Vin# starting with a "W", just checking to see if there's any truth to that. -thanks
Old 10-27-2007, 10:54 PM
Super Moderator

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
GMC - Miata - Trek - P-Car
They are indeed a volume dealer. Translation: they know their game and how it’s played. I am not an any way implying that you are, but FJ doesn’t suffer fools lightly. Myriad posts on this forum attest to questionable tactics.

Conduct a thorough walk-around upon delivery. Twice. Until then, you are their best friend. Ensure that any imperfections or malfunctions are documented. Although you’ll be chomping at the bit, insist that they be corrected before taking possession. Once you drive it away, your concerns become merely a warranty issue. Until they receive your sign-off, you are still their most important priority.

Insist that Rick introduce you to your SA, as you will be interacting with him or her from here on out. It behooves you to have a cordial, forthright, and mutually beneficial relationship. A thoughtful gift or two at the holidays is always appreciated and remembered. Enjoy your new car!
Old 10-28-2007, 12:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E550 4MATIC
I thought FJ was the largest volume dealership in the country not just Cali.
Old 10-28-2007, 02:32 PM

2017 E300, Selenite Grey, P2, Sport Wheel package 18" AMG, Leather seats
Originally Posted by maytag
Howdy Benz, can you tell me if your new C350 was built in Germany or SA and what your Vin# starts with. Somebody posted that all Germany built cars have a Vin# starting with a "W", just checking to see if there's any truth to that. -thanks
Yes, mine was built in Germany. That's one of the first things I checked! My VIN# does indeed start with a "W".
Old 10-28-2007, 03:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
2006 E55 and 2002 E320
Originally Posted by pmb600
I thought FJ was the largest volume dealership in the country not just Cali.
They're actually the biggest dealership in terms of monthly volume in the world, even exceeding the largest European dealerships. They sell 800 cars a month.
Old 10-28-2007, 04:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
4 wheels
I bought my E55 from them and wouldn't go back there again. They are arrogant, rude, and simply don't give a **** about the customer. I buy my cars from Mercedes Benz of Laguna Niguel. They are the worlds second largest dealership and simply put, they care about their customers.

Expect to pay damn close to MSRP at FJ, whereas with Laguna Niguel I pay invoice all the time. Not to mention, they can negotiate some killer finance deals or lease deals.