C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Just Got my 350 and feel like it a ferrari

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-28-2007, 10:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I own 2008 C-350 2008 E-350 2005 C -230 Kompressor 2006 FORd F-350 6.0
Well thanks to all who have read this post and have understanded me. Sometime my spelling can be off but my eyes get tired from the computer. Im on many hours a day sometimes. But to all who replied to the comment one member typed thank you all. Im glad to be here in the site to share information with you all.
Old 10-28-2007, 11:01 PM

2008 Dodge Charger R/T
You know, ATSOBE, everyone except a few people totally missed the point of your thread. Being an English teacher, I naturally edit EVERYTHING I read. When I read your post, I didn't see anything but the love for your car. I am very happy to hear that there is someone out there that is completely in love with their Mercedes (as much as I am in love with mine)! Good for you! Enjoy your beautiful car!
P.S. I'd love for ANYONE to tell me about MY mistakes in grammar, spelling, etc...oh, you can't, can you??
Old 10-28-2007, 11:40 PM

2008 C350WZ
Originally Posted by TchrzBenz
I'd love for ANYONE to tell me about MY mistakes in grammar, spelling, etc...oh, you can't, can you??
Regarding your request (without being beligerent and just for fun): where's the space?
etc...oh

P.S. I did not comment on the original poster's spelling or lack thereof, nor did I allow it to influence my replies... because my spelling/grammar ain't that much better
Old 10-28-2007, 11:55 PM

2017 C350e Black on Black , 2017 Honda Civic Touring, 1965 Ford Mustang Convertible
I understood everything you said and congrats on the new ride! In the end it's all about loving this beautiful car.
Old 10-29-2007, 11:26 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 C350
Congrats on the ride. No worries about the language issue, you aren't the only one on here who has issues with that...and most who do can't say it is because of English being a second (or fourth) language. Some may poke fun, but we understand you just fine. This isn't a forum for grammer and punctuation. Last I checked, "smileys" weren't part of any alphabet, but here they are a plenty!!

That being said...some of those comments were entertaining...
Old 10-29-2007, 11:23 PM

2008 Dodge Charger R/T
Originally Posted by qwerty1024
Regarding your request (without being beligerent and just for fun): where's the space?

P.S. I did not comment on the original poster's spelling or lack thereof, nor did I allow it to influence my replies... because my spelling/grammar ain't that much better
I'll make this easy without sounding confusing...there is no space needed when you add the three little dots. Hope that explanation was easy enough for you qwerty...all in good fun of course!
Old 10-30-2007, 12:12 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2002-C230k 2005-C230K-SS 2005 Infinity G35 2008-C350
Unreal!

unreal propaganda serving as news or information.

Last edited by stealtheo; 10-30-2007 at 12:17 AM.
Old 10-30-2007, 10:20 AM

2008 C350 and 2003 Z4 3.0
"I got it with all extra expect pano roof and the bi xeons it fairly new there been some recalls on over brand cars with bi xeon lights." ATOBE

Did you get the P2 package? If so, didn't it come with bi-xeon lights?
Old 10-30-2007, 11:23 AM

"A Mercedes-Benz product"
Originally Posted by amdeutsch
That's OK. Neither can he.
Were you trying to use a contraction?

Last edited by Jason.Bare; 10-30-2007 at 11:34 AM.
Old 10-30-2007, 06:08 PM

2008 C350WZ
I'll make this easy without sounding confusing...there is no space needed when you add the three little dots. Hope that explanation was easy enough for you qwerty...all in good fun of course!
Futile attempt there on my part; thought I "got you" for a moment, but a teacher knows best

Cheers.
Old 10-30-2007, 06:22 PM

No i turned down the bi xeon lights package. I friend who has a porsche suggested not to get it. He very picky like me. First of all it comes with headlight washer he mention your car will get wet when u wash the head light and get sticky. Second of all the high temperature of the bi xeon light open microscopic hole on the headlight covers. It been proven cause the arc the light produces it run very hot. So i figured not to get the bi xeon light package.
Old 10-31-2007, 12:02 AM

'08 C 300 Sport, '01 SL 500 & '08 Nissan Frontier SE Crew Cab 4WD
Originally Posted by ATSOBE
No i turned down the bi xeon lights package. I friend who has a porsche suggested not to get it. He very picky like me. First of all it comes with headlight washer he mention your car will get wet when u wash the head light and get sticky. Second of all the high temperature of the bi xeon light open microscopic hole on the headlight covers. It been proven cause the arc the light produces it run very hot. So i figured not to get the bi xeon light package.
Someone if feeding you a whole lot of poo! I had OEM HID on my traded 2005 Acura TL, worked and performed flawlessly, never had any issues with deformed or damaged lenses. I have OEM HID on my '02 996 Porsche TT, again works beautifully. I have no reason to believe Mercedes OEM HID is inadequate or not as durable, after all if I recall did MB not develop HID? or was the Lincoln Mark VIII the first car to use this technology? Even so the few Lincoln Mark VIII's I see still have perfectly working and sealed HID lenses. Only reason I didn't get this feature on the Benz was due to a car not available at the time, I've had my C300 as of two days after the launch date and very few cars with 18" AMG and Steel Gray were available. None the less the W204 has some of the best (Non-HID) lamps I've used in a long time, I almost don't miss the HID after driving the Porsche and getting into the C. I personally would question a person’s automotive intellect if they oppose HID technology. I think HID should be standard equipment on all new cars as with LED tails, indicators etc…The only negative commentary I’ve ever read was namely related to theft on some rental cars equipped with the feature, and cars retrofitted with after market kits not originally designed to use HID technology.

-Ryan

Last edited by CarGuru; 10-31-2007 at 12:09 AM.
Old 10-31-2007, 12:36 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Youngtimer
Originally Posted by Chaz00Blue
It does raise an interesting issue. What is the Mercedes marketing plan behind this low price? What does everyone think?
i think like you said it's all about the volume. you can't fart without seeing three 3-series bmw's, and that segment of the market is huge. younger people who have money to spend on a luxury car, but can't afford an e or s class... why leave that money on the table for bmw/lexus/acura when you can jump in on the action? plus, in a couple of years when the c-class owner is making a little more money and wants to trade up, they'll be more likely to stay with mercedes (assuming the quality is there in the C).

Being an English teacher
forget the misconceptions about foreigners, how about the one that teachers don't make any money! you got a nice car there!

atsobe, congrats on the car, it looks great man

Last edited by ZedStyle; 10-31-2007 at 12:41 AM.
Old 10-31-2007, 10:24 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2011 E350 4Matic Wagon, 2013 C350 4Matic Sedan
Originally Posted by CarGuru
I personally would question a person’s automotive intellect if they oppose HID technology. I think HID should be standard equipment on all new cars as with LED tails, indicators etc…
+1
Old 10-31-2007, 10:07 PM

No one is feeding me any poo............. In reply to mr Carguru
also have several other car with bi xeon lights. I drive an Acura Rl and at home we also have Maserati with bi xean lights. On the Maserati if you look real real close you will notice small microscopic holes on the outer lens housing. This cause by the heat. the bi xeon light produce alot of heat. How do think it light up it an arc of light like a welding machine pass the a lense. And yes if you do research on this heat it can produce in some cases microscopic pin on the lens. So back to the lights bi xeon are good. But when your outer lens cover get rained on with acid rain. The rain will ecth your lens cover on some cars cause you heating up the acid. So picky picky people about keeping the car new in mint condition are better off with regulars lights. If your concerned with keeping the lens cover new as factory. I usaully keep all my cars new as the first day off the lot. I hardly ever let it get wet. Always wash it myself. And Wax four times a month.

Last edited by ATSOBE; 10-31-2007 at 10:09 PM.
Old 10-31-2007, 11:56 PM

2008 Dodge Charger R/T
Originally Posted by ZedStyle
i think like you said it's all about the volume. you can't fart without seeing three 3-series bmw's, and that segment of the market is huge. younger people who have money to spend on a luxury car, but can't afford an e or s class... why leave that money on the table for bmw/lexus/acura when you can jump in on the action? plus, in a couple of years when the c-class owner is making a little more money and wants to trade up, they'll be more likely to stay with mercedes (assuming the quality is there in the C).

forget the misconceptions about foreigners, how about the one that teachers don't make any money! you got a nice car there!

atsobe, congrats on the car, it looks great man
Why, thank you kind sir!
Old 11-01-2007, 09:33 AM

'08 C 300 Sport, '01 SL 500 & '08 Nissan Frontier SE Crew Cab 4WD
also have several other car with bi xeon lights. I drive an Acura Rl and at home we also have Maserati with bi xean lights. On the Maserati if you look real real close you will notice small microscopic holes on the outer lens housing. This cause by the heat. the bi xeon light produce alot of heat. How do think it light up it an arc of light like a welding machine pass the a lense. And yes if you do research on this heat it can produce in some cases microscopic pin on the lens. So back to the lights bi xeon are good. But when your outer lens cover get rained on with acid rain. The rain will ecth your lens cover on some cars cause you heating up the acid. So picky picky people about keeping the car new in mint condition are better off with regulars lights. If your concerned with keeping the lens cover new as factory. I usaully keep all my cars new as the first day off the lot. I hardly ever let it get wet. Always wash it myself. And Wax four times a month.
The small holes that you are likely seeing appear on almost all cars driven on the open highway in traffic. It's road debris that is kicked up from tires, drops out of trucks etc... Every vehicle I own has this, there is no way to prevent it short of applying clear bra material or having a huge shield in front of the lens.

-Ryan
Old 11-01-2007, 03:32 PM

12 CLS550, 09 CLS550, 04Cooper,10 Cooper S
Originally Posted by CarGuru
The small holes that you are likely seeing appear on almost all cars driven on the open highway in traffic. It's road debris that is kicked up from tires, drops out of trucks etc... Every vehicle I own has this, there is no way to prevent it short of applying clear bra material or having a huge shield in front of the lens.

-Ryan
mostly caused by semis kicking up road debris, especially in the winter!!! As mentioned above, clear bra or not so clear bra are the only solutions..
Old 11-02-2007, 03:59 AM
Almost a Member!

08 Lexus IS350
Nice car.
Old 11-03-2007, 10:48 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2011 E350 4Matic Wagon, 2013 C350 4Matic Sedan
also have several other car with bi xeon lights. I drive an Acura Rl and at home we also have Maserati with bi xean lights. On the Maserati if you look real real close you will notice small microscopic holes on the outer lens housing. This cause by the heat. the bi xeon light produce alot of heat. How do think it light up it an arc of light like a welding machine pass the a lense. And yes if you do research on this heat it can produce in some cases microscopic pin on the lens. So back to the lights bi xeon are good. But when your outer lens cover get rained on with acid rain. The rain will ecth your lens cover on some cars cause you heating up the acid. So picky picky people about keeping the car new in mint condition are better off with regulars lights. If your concerned with keeping the lens cover new as factory.
Old 11-03-2007, 10:50 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2007 E63
Yes they are, at least from what I've been taught: HID lights generate less heat than halogen headlights during operation.