C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

omg, goodluck for u guys with c350...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-10-2007, 06:53 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thinking about buying C200 kompressor AMG "Avantgarde"
Bokx_350, I just wanted to give a heads up for the guys who think that their C350 are powerful. Well to a certain point, it is and a FINE speedster at that. But bringing the 335i into that picture and it will shame the c350 on the road and track.
You might be right about the title heading. Its a bit harsh, i agree. but i guess u cant catch the attention of readers without a good OR bad headline right?
Old 11-10-2007, 08:34 PM
Out Of Control!!

Originally Posted by blackwidow99
Bokx_350, I just wanted to give a heads up for the guys who think that their C350 are powerful. Well to a certain point, it is and a FINE speedster at that. But bringing the 335i into that picture and it will shame the c350 on the road and track.
You might be right about the title heading. Its a bit harsh, i agree. but i guess u cant catch the attention of readers without a good OR bad headline right?
but I want to say that the 350 is quicker where it matters most, in the 50-70 time....I need to find it, and I can't remember where I read it but it was quicker than the 3

and to the bloke who said why do they make them faster...it's a german car company they thrive on speed! (and i'm not talking about the drug either)
Old 11-11-2007, 01:06 AM

2008 C350 Sport, Black on Black
You sir, are officially a retard. These cars are not camaros, If i were to get the c350 or the 335i, then ill probably take it to the tracks to have a great time, NOT BY GUNNING it at every stoplight. You seem to think like a typical american muscle driver type of guy. Next time dont assume **** if you dont know how i drive, what i drive and what im looking to buy.
Excuse me?!

Did I say I was referring to U? Did U even understand what I was saying?

My post wasn't directed at anybody in particular... But I guess if U were smart enough U would have realized that.

The chicken that cackles, laid the egg.
(did u want me to explain that, too?)

Clears out who's a Retard.
Lol..

Old 11-11-2007, 08:47 AM

2008 c300 luxury, P2, MM, Capri Blue Metallic
Originally Posted by Bokx_350
“OMG Good luck 350 owners”?!!!!

What is wrong with the people in this forum!!

It seems that every thread I read is intended to make me feel stupid about buying the new c350… “no memory seats” “no rear view camera” “no tilting mirrors” no this and that… and their particular favorite: The BMW 335i; everyone should buy one!!

I’m not saying that the 335i numbers (or any other car in the same class) are not interesting; but when the threat title is “OMG Good luck 350 owners” you know the intention is not to be informative but to be offensive.
Who really cares what BMW owners think about this car???

This is a MB forum for people who like MB..Everyone can have their own opinion, but, obviously those of us bought THIS car because its what WE decided we love..Why would you care what a BMW owner thinks about YOUR decision????
Old 11-11-2007, 12:55 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
C55, w211 E55, ML320 CDI
Originally Posted by harpz
but I want to say that the 350 is quicker where it matters most, in the 50-70 time....I need to find it, and I can't remember where I read it but it was quicker than the 3

and to the bloke who said why do they make them faster...it's a german car company they thrive on speed! (and i'm not talking about the drug either)
From Bimmerforums:
"The 335i is also much faster in things requiring a lot of torque, such as top gear acceleration. Examples:

Top gear acceleration 30-50: 6.5 sec (3.2 better than M3)
Top gear acceleration 50-70: 3.4 sec (1.5 better than M3)"

Numbers were taken from a Car and Driver article. I'm thinking it's unlikely that the C350 is faster than the 335i from 50-70. Check out the attached chart from Autospies for some more ridiculous performance numbers from the 335i (vs. C350 and CTS).
Attached Thumbnails omg, goodluck for u guys with c350...-snag-1120.jpg  
Old 11-11-2007, 05:31 PM
Almost a Member!

jeeze thats a big difference for the 0-120mph. never read that article.
Old 11-11-2007, 06:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2014 Ghibli S Q4 & 2008 C350

It seems that every thread I read is intended to make me feel stupid about buying the new c350… “no memory seats” “no rear view camera” “no tilting mirrors” no this and that… and their particular favorite: The BMW 335i; everyone should buy one!!

Don’t get me wrong. I’m the first one to discuss and complain when I think MB screwed up with something, but I make sure I do it in an informative and not an offensive way.

It’s true there are some things that could make the new C a better car, and that the 335i is faster. Does this make the purchase of a C350 or C300 a bad purchase? Absolutely not! And I’m not even going to get into the details of why the C class is an excellent purchase.

So why are we (C owners, which apparently are a minority in this forum) letting other people influence and make us feel naive for purchasing our C?

I rely on forums to receive and share information and opinions regarding the subject: Dealer issues, tune ups, tips and tricks, good and bad experiences, etc. And there are a handful of people here that do a terrific job with that, but then there are the others whose intentions are only to annoy whoever bought a w204.

I’m not saying that the 335i numbers (or any other car in the same class) are not interesting; but when the threat title is “OMG Good luck 350 owners” you know the intention is not to be informative but to be offensive.
Amen and well said! Can't the BMW fanboys go troll somewhere else?!

I think anyone who bought a new C Class also looked at the offerings of other manufactures. We don't need your 'public service', I never heard anyone say their C350 was faster than the 335i. Besides, who buys a 4 door sedan and makes 0-60 the most important spec?! Especially in an entry level luxury vehicle.

This thread is starting to become reminiscent of the Mac vs. PC debate.
Old 11-11-2007, 11:05 PM

No longer car shopping...
Ok, look here people. I love mercedes and i always have since the day i drove an S500. But cmon, mercedes were supposed to build a car to compete against the 3 series, thats the whole idea.....the C180K, C200K, C280, C300 beats all of the 3 series line except when it comes to the C350 against the 335i. Now Im not comparing the c63 vs m3 here, theyre both in its own category but like i said before, im just sad that merc couldnt add a little more oomph, just a little more is all i ask.

When its comes to interior and exterior, Mercedes is definitely a winner. But not engine performance. I do agree that both cars handle extremely well given that the manufacturers built these cars for sporty (spirited) kind of driving.

Now for all you blokes, why would u want to buy a car that looks fast but cant move? pls gimme a break, its like the celica ADs back in the days....Celica...."Looks fast" well thats exactly right looks fast but it isn't.
Another thing about the 60mph speed limit and thats it, lol. What kind of mental problems are you suffering from people. Every damn country has speed limits. Did that stop anyone from modifying their cars, please, everybody modifies their car for speed or looks, sometimes both. If the speed limit is the cause for you not to buy a sports car or sporty sedan like the one you probably have, then might as well buy a geo metro. Well then, u might say, it has no CLASS. define then what is class?.....the $kaching$ amount of XXXX dollars you spent on a luxury/sporty sedan because of its quality and reliability. well then, thats great but if i would spend that much dough, id expect a little bit more, atleast on the performance side.
Isn't that "little more Ooph" what the C63 gives ya?
Old 11-12-2007, 06:22 AM
Almost a Member!

^ True, but aren't those priced at the same level as M3s and audi RS4s.

If i could afford it, i would get the C63 over the new M3 any freakn day. Love that car.
Old 11-12-2007, 07:54 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLK63 Black Series
^probably, i was just giving the story a more dramatic effect, lol.
ughh..
Old 11-12-2007, 01:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 C350
An extra 100 hp will buy me about a second off of my commute time. I don't even get to use all of the 268 hp in my 350, why would I want even more of it?

If I was going to race my car (or try to beat every street racer off of the line at the lights), I wouldn't have bought this car. I wouldn't have bought the Bimmer either.

Since I really don't see the point in that anymore (I did when I was about 10 yrs younger), it really doesn't matter to me. This 350 has almost 50 more hp than my GT Mustang from 10 years ago....plenty for me.
Old 11-12-2007, 01:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2014 Ghibli S Q4 & 2008 C350
Originally Posted by MBTex
An extra 100 hp will buy me about a second off of my commute time. I don't even get to use all of the 268 hp in my 350, why would I want even more of it?

If I was going to race my car (or try to beat every street racer off of the line at the lights), I wouldn't have bought this car. I wouldn't have bought the Bimmer either.

Since I really don't see the point in that anymore (I did when I was about 10 yrs younger), it really doesn't matter to me. This 350 has almost 50 more hp than my GT Mustang from 10 years ago....plenty for me.
Well said. I've had a couple motorcycles (FZR & GSX-R) and once you experience that kind of speed and power, most cars feel pedestrian. If I want to feel the rush of true speed again I'll get another bike.
Old 11-12-2007, 05:03 PM

2008 c300 luxury, P2, MM, Capri Blue Metallic
yeah, who buys a Benz to do street racing anyways?
Old 11-12-2007, 05:38 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2011 E350 4Matic Wagon, 2013 C350 4Matic Sedan
Originally Posted by wase4711
yeah, who buys a Benz to do street racing anyways?
Ummm... I guess those who:

(1) Have an ego problem
(2) Believe that they have something to prove
(3) Are immature

Just like how you get those people in their Neons cutting everyone else off on the freeway.
Old 11-12-2007, 08:54 PM

2008 - S550 4Matic, 2010 - E350 4Matic, 2010 - C350 4Matic
Yes the 335i BMW has a great engine and that is just one point in my car buying decision. No BMW looses me on the way to work in rush hour traffic. If speed would the only point I would be looking at a Porsche.

Anybody driving a C350 can afford any similar car in it's Class. I have no desire to proof anything to anybody. Racing from a traffic light is for immature juveniles.

I picked the car because as a package it is better than most. I trust the car for it's safety engineering.

I think which car you buy is a very personal decision and I had both and I can tell you, there is a real difference between the BMW and a MB and you like either one or the other. I just feel more comfortable with the MB approach.

Today I heard that MB sold over 110,000 new C-Class sedans since March 2007 and they can't be all wrong.

I am very happy with my decision and I don't feel any need to defend it at all.

Jorg
Old 11-12-2007, 09:09 PM
RLE
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
'08 C300 Lux Barolo Red Beige Leather P2 MM 18" wheels '84 944
Street race an MB?

<<yeah, who buys a Benz to do street racing anyways?>>

Kids.
Old 11-12-2007, 09:24 PM

Originally Posted by Jorg
Anybody driving a C350 can afford any similar car in it's Class. I have no desire to proof anything to anybody.

I picked the car because as a package it is better than most. I trust the car for it's safety engineering.

I think which car you buy is a very personal decision and I had both and I can tell you, there is a real difference between the BMW and a MB and you like either one or the other. I just feel more comfortable with the MB approach.

Today I heard that MB sold over 110,000 new C-Class sedans since March 2007 and they can't be all wrong.

I am very happy with my decision and I don't feel any need to defend it at all.

Now, if only those people who are complaining about tunnel mode, MBTex, 0-60 times, memory seats, and whatever else, just be happy with what they've bought and enjoy the vehicle... or otherwise trade in your car for a BMW.
Old 11-12-2007, 09:37 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
C55, w211 E55, ML320 CDI
Originally Posted by peabers
Now, if only those people who are complaining about tunnel mode, MBTex, 0-60 times, memory seats, and whatever else, just be happy with what they've bought and enjoy the vehicle... or otherwise trade in your car for a BMW.
Add repeat feature to that list.

https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w204/217659-how-do-you-repeat-one-track-mm.html
Old 11-12-2007, 09:44 PM

Originally Posted by robbyt18

I totally missed that conversation. Maybe I am blocking it out.
Old 11-13-2007, 05:51 AM

2008 C350 Sport, Black on Black
Originally Posted by MBTex

If I was going to race my car (or try to beat every street racer off of the line at the lights), I wouldn't have bought this car...

Since I really don't see the point in that anymore (I did when I was about 10 yrs younger), it really doesn't matter to me..

Thank You! Very Well Said!

Not being fan boys or anything, but..
"Around here, you gotta love what you drive"
Old 11-13-2007, 06:07 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 C300 Sport, RWD, US

Don’t get me wrong. I’m the first one to discuss and complain when I think MB screwed up with something, but I make sure I do it in an informative and not an offensive way.

It’s true there are some things that could make the new C a better car, and that the 335i is faster. Does this make the purchase of a C350 or C300 a bad purchase? Absolutely not! And I’m not even going to get into the details of why the C class is an excellent purchase.

So why are we (C owners, which apparently are a minority in this forum) letting other people influence and make us feel naive for purchasing our C?

I rely on forums to receive and share information and opinions regarding the subject: Dealer issues, tune ups, tips and tricks, good and bad experiences, etc. And there are a handful of people here that do a terrific job with that, but then there are the others whose intentions are only to annoy whoever bought a w204.

You're right.

I've reported this thread to the moderator to see if it can be deleted and have the original poster banned. Trolls should be poisened, not fed.
Old 11-15-2007, 03:57 AM
Almost a Member!

^Wo wo wo.....hold on a sec, don't you think thats a little bit too harsh. Jeeze, i understand if the moderator wants to delet this post but damnit i don't think i should be banned because of my opinion. I agree if the title was a little bit too negative but i was merely suggesting what i thought and what the car is capable of. I did not attack any member on this forum and on top of that, we have two mercs in our family. So please stop saying stupid crap about me to the moderators cause really i have not been anything but polite about my thoughts on the 335i's engine. Neither have i attacked any member of the forum in this thread, if i have done so, its because i felt threatened by what the member had to say to me (as you can see earlier in what i posted). And i did apologize because the gentleman wasn't refering to me.

So, if the moderator decides to delete this topic then its fine by me but banning me, that would be just rediculous.

And mr./mrs. JimPap, please keep your stupid and pointless name calling to yourself.
Old 11-15-2007, 10:23 AM

Mercedes C230 SS Komp
Take it easy guys.......... Blackwidow my best friend just purched his new bmw a month ago and yes it is one amazing ride in terms of performance. The acceleration simply amazed me!!! Our cars cannot be compared on that level. Its apples and oranges. I still prefer my merc over the bmw based the the style, look and feel of the vehicle. If you are looking for pure performance you'd be correct.
Old 11-15-2007, 11:43 AM

2008 C300 Sport 4matic
Old 11-15-2007, 09:32 PM
Almost a Member!

^ haha, ora12, you enjoying bud?

jay_mark_paul quote,"I still prefer my merc over the bmw based the the style, look and feel of the vehicle."

That's perfect criteria for anyone selecting any of the C-class. I agree. I've sat in the 335i and i just can't seem to get that "awwww" feeling, you know? the first time feeling when you sit in a car and you feel like "Darn! i want this car"........to me the 335i's interior has just a little too much bloody curves. No smoothness, no streamline flow....just sharp, weird edges......BUT performance, not too bad from what ive heard. Never got a chance to floor it on the freeway.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: omg, goodluck for u guys with c350...