C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

omg, goodluck for u guys with c350...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-15-2007, 10:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
None yet - just wishing
Originally Posted by blackwidow99
^ haha, ora12, you enjoying bud?

jay_mark_paul quote,"I still prefer my merc over the bmw based the the style, look and feel of the vehicle."

That's perfect criteria for anyone selecting any of the C-class. I agree. I've sat in the 335i and i just can't seem to get that "awwww" feeling, you know? the first time feeling when you sit in a car and you feel like "Darn! i want this car"........to me the 335i's interior has just a little too much bloody curves. No smoothness, no streamline flow....just sharp, weird edges......BUT performance, not too bad from what ive heard. Never got a chance to floor it on the freeway.
My wife described your feeling perfectly when she sat in the BMW for the first time - she said, "the dash looks like a Buick!"

She liked the way it drove, but she didn't like interior styling. She actually liked the interior of the previous 3 series model better. However, when she got into the C-Class at a driving event we were invited too, her first words were, "wow, the engineers must have really thought this out. It fits just right".

and it does. We drove the Infinity, BMW, Lexus, and a slew of other cars. Yes, the japanese pile on the toys, they all had items in their car that you could only get on the S-class, their seats were "fluffier" and they had more bells and whistles. But in the end, we felt that the C-class conveyed a more confident drive and felt better.

For example, in the Infinity, it had everything on it and was loaded, and both the G and M class were better equipped then the C-class, but neither rode as nice as the C-class. The C350 felt sporty, yet inspired confidence. I have a C6 vette, so I am jaded when it comes to brute force acceleration, however, the handling was clean, it was comfortable and it can carry 5 people. My wife and I both concluded that the C-class was an overall better packaged car than its competitors.

Yeah, I know, next year the memory seats will come out or some other toy for Merc to compete with the japanese, but the C-class still betters its competitors in the overall package. (and i don't care what edmunds says...)

Netcruizer99
Old 11-15-2007, 10:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
i535
You are absolutely right, Mercedes is the king of cars. So if you can afford it, then just buy it. BMW are quite crappy cars. I do not tell about Japanese models which normal person shouldn't even take in consideration. Enjoy your C!
Old 11-16-2007, 10:27 PM

'01 MB C320
Originally Posted by BlackMercBenz
"Oh man, I'm at a stoplight here at Hollywood, let me punch it and test 0-60"

"Oh gees, I'm at this next stoplight at Sunset Blvd., let me punch it again to test 0-60"

"Whoa, I'm next to this Dodge Neon (or Ford Exploder, or Hyundai Tiburon, or whatever...).. Let me punch it when the light turns green so I can show 'em what my 0-60 is"

"Ok, I'm approaching another stoplight, maybe I'll punch it again, over and over, every stoplight and every opportunity I get, just to make the most of my 4.9 sec 0-60 able car"

Unfortunately, not all of us thinks this way.
I personally, want to enjoy Driving... and Living (if u know what i mean).

That was HILARIOUS! Thank you for putting it into perspective w/ great humor (I read this one out loud to my wife).

-Daniel
'01 MB C320 [Brooklyn, NY]
Old 11-18-2007, 03:53 AM

e92 335i
i think the C350 is a pretty nice car. I love the front and side, but the back looks kinda like a camry. The interior looks nice. Tomorrow i'll go for a test drive, let see how it feels like. But it's a benz!!!! and it should be a good car so you guys should be proud of owning a MB.
Old 11-18-2007, 12:16 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2011 E350 4Matic Wagon, 2013 C350 4Matic Sedan
Originally Posted by alphad
so you guys should be proud of owning a MB.
We are... but these people how don't own them keep dropping in and crapping on the car.
Old 11-18-2007, 01:23 PM
RBP

Go to the BMW forums and you'll hear about all of the blown fuel pumps, peeling interiors and horrible iDrive. As well...everyone there is 18 years old and modifies their 3 series into ridiculous little vehicles. I would prefer not to be associated with the groups of BMW 3 series owners that meet in parking lots to stare at each others' wheels and plastic add-ons.

Granted the 335 is faster, but if that is your sole criterion for choosing a car, then you are a fool. Car magazines all have a BMW preference as well...so judging based on their write-ups is equally asinine. If you read the latest Car and Driver, they do a review of the RS4, M3 and C63 with the C63 leading the pack in all the performance figures, braking, sound levels and practicality with more room and a larger trunk...but they still manage to rate the M3 higher by emphasising the fuel mileage and throwing some ridiculous measures like "gotta have it" and "fun to drive" as ways to give more points to BMW. They are simply biased to BMW as evidenced by shorter braking distances for the Mercedes, but "better brake feel" for the BMW. Frankly I'd rater stop faster than feel better about the experience.

If you put aside 0-60 times, you will have few arguments to prefer the 335i to a C350....but all the little 18 year old BMW lovers can only see 0-60 times. So let them put in chips, 20" rims and plastic molding and not have anything to do with them...proudly.
Old 11-18-2007, 01:30 PM

2005 E55
I just had a quick look at bmw's new twin turbo 335i coupes and sedans. I only started looking it up when i saw one of the W203 members decided to buy one.

THAT CAR is wicked with a CHIP. PROcede to be exact, i couldnt believe it, all this talk about chipping, and i was like nah, it wont be that fast. BUT was i wrong. AND i still can't believe it. I love power with a refined look. now i know the bmw's interior is not as good looking as the c class but hot damn, this PROcede by Vishnu tuning is just great. i would gladly pay that much for that kind of power.
I doubt you'll be able to see that type of gains with the v6 in the C350s. I'm so sad guys......Im thinking about coughing up more money now for the beemer. and getting that chip.

4.14 seconds 0-60 mph and 12 something 1/4 mile. and i thought the C 200 K was decent for a 4 banger with 8.8 quarter mile. I thought about modifying the c200k but MAYBE i shouldnt waste my money.

For those that want to see, heres a couple:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_VX7YANkbVo

one more:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KPXmp9trEmI

yet another:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pssN2H13O_o

and lastly:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b78LM4gpLQo

btw disregard the retards talking crap. Idiots, no class.

Enjoy
Get an E55 and screw the 335!
Old 11-18-2007, 03:13 PM

2007 C280 Avantgarde
hmmm, I would say it's a matter of taste. I don't floor my car everyday, nor CAN I use the acceleration all that much. If you want performance, then go ahead and buy the BMW. Mind you, I like the BMWs as well, to be more exact I like the 330Ci (2006), by definition, that car is no longer in production. But if I have 60,000 to blow, I would actually buy the 330Ci (one in good nick) and keep the rest of the money (if I were to buy a BMW).

The W204s are totally different, even the sport versions are more luxurious than the E90/92 (which ever you prefer). But the point is, BMW and MB are always going head to head, but the reason why the can both co-exist is because they favor different things, just like how you (blackwidow) like power, and (some of us, including myself) would like a little bit more comfort. There are a lot of cars out there with performance, and 335i isn't simply the best either, just the same how w204s aren't the world's most luxurious car either.

So after a blob of nonsense, it all comes down to taste!

If I wanted a coupe - it's hands down 335i for me,
If I wanted a sedan - it's hands down C350 for me
Old 11-19-2007, 02:20 AM
Almost a Member!

Thinking about buying C200 kompressor AMG "Avantgarde"
Originally Posted by tommy25000
Get an E55 and screw the 335!
Oh! thats a great idea. get an e55 instead...love the sound of those cars. Now lets see if i can find one in great condition back home. Most of them wouldve been driven to ****. Trust me , if its powerful then the owner probably have driven it like a maniac. Not my style though, they got too much bloody money.
Old 11-19-2007, 02:25 AM
Almost a Member!

^Cloudz, Thats exactly what i was thinnking since i hate the 335 sedan. But i really like the 335i coupe now, it actually grows on you.

BUT (a huge BUT), i still prefer the MB since im basing it on price, better comfort, and interior looks.

So i am still thinking about getting a C200 Kompressor (ofcourse 08 model) back home and adding a carlsson kit, freakn expensive, to give it a little more oomph.
Old 11-19-2007, 12:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2008 Black Out C350 Saks Edition / 87 VW GTI
I just had a quick look at bmw's new twin turbo 335i coupes and sedans. I only started looking it up when i saw one of the W203 members decided to buy one.

THAT CAR is wicked with a CHIP. PROcede to be exact, i couldnt believe it, all this talk about chipping, and i was like nah, it wont be that fast. BUT was i wrong. AND i still can't believe it. I love power with a refined look. now i know the bmw's interior is not as good looking as the c class but hot damn, this PROcede by Vishnu tuning is just great. i would gladly pay that much for that kind of power.
I doubt you'll be able to see that type of gains with the v6 in the C350s. I'm so sad guys......Im thinking about coughing up more money now for the beemer. and getting that chip.

4.14 seconds 0-60 mph and 12 something 1/4 mile. and i thought the C 200 K was decent for a 4 banger with 8.8 quarter mile. I thought about modifying the c200k but MAYBE i shouldnt waste my money.

For those that want to see, heres a couple:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_VX7YANkbVo

one more:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KPXmp9trEmI

yet another:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pssN2H13O_o

and lastly:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b78LM4gpLQo

btw disregard the retards talking crap. Idiots, no class.

Enjoy
Dude DO NOT forget to save for Tylenols aswell, BMW is the ultimate driving machine and the ultimate headache machine my 545i is in and out from the service department ask any BMW owner
Old 11-20-2007, 03:13 AM
Almost a Member!

yah ive also read up on more stuff....like what the other member said, fuel pump failures. thats not good at all.
Old 11-20-2007, 08:42 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2008 Black Out C350 Saks Edition / 87 VW GTI
Originally Posted by tanktube67
Dude DO NOT forget to save for Tylenols aswell, BMW is the ultimate driving machine and the ultimate headache machine my 545i is in and out from the service department ask any BMW owner
This is a short list of repaires my 545i had
i drive
gps
adaptive gear box
transmission replaced 2 times
seat sensors
tires wear to fast
coolant leaks
air pressure monitor