C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Watching DVD's with car moving!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-11-2007, 06:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C300 (W204) w/ MM, P1, & 18"amg's
Originally Posted by rb23lb
dude, enough with the girly "lol"'s and other juvenile comments that really bring out how oblivious and knowledge-lacking you are... you type/talk like a child...
“Dude” quit with the condescending attacks, you are obviously from a generation that has lacked the need for short hand ‘text talk’. Why do people come on the internet and hide behind a screen name and contradict themselves all the time? I am yes a “juvenile” and yet you think I’m uneducated? How dare you? You must lack so much self-confidence that you have kids that look down upon you ashamed that you sit on a personal computer and type such condescending views on someone’s comments. God forbid that I try and bring some joy to the forums. Also according to you previous posts you love to pick fights… and as my father told me (A real father who doesn’t lack self-confidence to the extent of bullying over posts) to just walk away from fights… because you’re not worth my time. O and if you don’t have children… I wonder why?
LOL!

P.S. - <<bring out how oblivious and knowledge-lacking you are>> This is how it should be said “Bring out how obliviously knowledge-lacking you really are” even that is a sentence I would have shunned upon during grade school. Maybe it was a typo?

-Mike

Last edited by PoaMike; 12-12-2007 at 11:58 AM.
Old 12-12-2007, 02:37 PM

Received 103 Likes on 51 Posts
2022 GLE450
leave poamike alone if you don't like him, keep the rude comments to yourself, be adults guy's.
Old 12-12-2007, 02:45 PM

I dont pick fights?
Old 12-12-2007, 03:29 PM

2008 c300 luxury, P2, MM, Capri Blue Metallic
old farts like me WISH someone would accuse me of acting like a child!!
Don't pay attention to that kind of stuff, POA Mike, its only Internet non-sense..and, its ok to keep on making "juvenille" comments, and use text talk...I wish my carpal tunnel infested hands could do more texting!!
Old 12-12-2007, 03:49 PM

Originally Posted by wase4711
old farts like me WISH someone would accuse me of acting like a child!!
Don't pay attention to that kind of stuff, POA Mike, its only Internet non-sense..and, its ok to keep on making "juvenille" comments, and use text talk...I wish my carpal tunnel infested hands could do more texting!!
Now why can everyone have this type of uplifting optimistic outlook on life? The world would be a much better place. The whole carpal tunnel joke was a riot I dont let this stuff get to me but I felt like he at least needed to be put in place, plus it was also kinda fun!

-Mike
Old 12-12-2007, 04:37 PM

2008 c300 luxury, P2, MM, Capri Blue Metallic
and, you and I have the same first name!
Life is too short to be pissed off all the time, so remember the glass is 1/2 full, NOT 1/2 empty, and today is partly sunny, NOT partly cloudy..
The youth of today are our future and hope for tomorrow, so stay positive, and don't let negative comments ever get to you, dude..
Old 12-13-2007, 05:35 AM
XJ9

C350
Originally Posted by PoaMike
Now why can everyone have this type of uplifting optimistic outlook on life? The world would be a much better place. The whole carpal tunnel joke was a riot I dont let this stuff get to me but I felt like he at least needed to be put in place, plus it was also kinda fun!

-Mike
Unfortunately it is just par for the course; This is the same as when someone posts about disbling the annoying seatbelt chime and gets the "you should be wearing your seatbelt" speech.

Thats why you should just say; "I love having the DVD-in-motion so I have something to do when I am swerving onto the school playground but kids today are so out of shape that they cant even jump out of the way in time... Fortunately my new backup camera makes it super-easy to throw it in reverse and finish them off without the hassle of looking over my shoulder"
Old 12-13-2007, 05:50 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2005 Volvo S40 T5 AWD, 2004.5 C230 Sport Sedan, 2005 E320 CDI, 2008 C300 4-Matic Luxury
backup camera you say...? is it hooked up to the MM screen or a separate screen?

btw - DVD-A discs are a pain in the *** to find.
Old 12-13-2007, 06:40 AM
XJ9

C350
Originally Posted by inFiniTE LooP
backup camera you say...? is it hooked up to the MM screen or a separate screen?

btw - DVD-A discs are a pain in the *** to find.
It shows through the normal pop up screen. If you have the MM system you can have the dealer program your radio to turn on the reverse camera input. Then you just have a standard backup camera installed and you are all set.

I agree with you about DVD Audio... They made a big deal about it when they first came out; I remember seeing the display at tower records with all ten DVD Audio releases. I think that the ipod revolution has simply made the idea of HD audio redundant at this point.
Old 12-13-2007, 08:54 AM

^ Ya but its hard, for me at least, to find high quality music to download. So I just pop in one my music video DvD's and it sounds amazing. So Im happy, even tho i have to stare at the ugly "The picture is faded out when in Motion" Screen... I cant even listen to my Memory card now... Im just disapointed with it lol.
Old 12-13-2007, 10:40 AM

2003 Suzuki TL1000R, 1999 E320, 2008 C350
Originally Posted by XJ9
Unfortunately it is just par for the course; This is the same as when someone posts about disbling the annoying seatbelt chime and gets the "you should be wearing your seatbelt" speech.

Thats why you should just say; "I love having the DVD-in-motion so I have something to do when I am swerving onto the school playground but kids today are so out of shape that they cant even jump out of the way in time... Fortunately my new backup camera makes it super-easy to throw it in reverse and finish them off without the hassle of looking over my shoulder"
Perhaps you should spend some time on a motorcycle dodging drivers in SUVs, in a hurry, distracted by cell phone use. Driver distraction is truly a dangerous thing. Maybe everyone on this forum using front-seat VIM is able to avoid being distracted. Who knows?
Old 12-13-2007, 01:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
LOADED 08' C350 & 14' GLK-350 Diamond White (P1, MM, AMG Pkg, Ln Trkng, Htd Sts, Keylss Go)
Originally Posted by PoaMike
“Dude” quit with the condescending attacks, you are obviously from a generation that has lacked the need for short hand ‘text talk’. Why do people come on the internet and hide behind a screen name and contradict themselves all the time? I am yes a “juvenile” and yet you think I’m uneducated? How dare you? You must lack so much self-confidence that you have kids that look down upon you ashamed that you sit on a personal computer and type such condescending views on someone’s comments. God forbid that I try and bring some joy to the forums. Also according to you previous posts you love to pick fights… and as my father told me (A real father who doesn’t lack self-confidence to the extent of bullying over posts) to just walk away from fights… because you’re not worth my time. O and if you don’t have children… I wonder why?
LOL!

P.S. - <<bring out how oblivious and knowledge-lacking you are>> This is how it should be said “Bring out how obliviously knowledge-lacking you really are” even that is a sentence I would have shunned upon during grade school. Maybe it was a typo?

-Mike
bro, i'm 23 and know way too much about technology, I just don't use "lol" and neither does anybody else on this forum... lol was soooo 10-12 years ago when AOL was still the big thing... now anybody who uses it is just a douche

sorry that you got all sad over my comment, I'm just poking at you for fun cus I know the reaction you would have... just wanted to get a rise outta you for kicks, sorry if you took it wrong...

don't have kids but have a super bomb girlfriend that wants to have kids with me in the future, fyi bro, so ease up
and stop talkin bout your own issues...

alright, back to constructive helpful posts related to MB, just like to get my kicks every once in a while...
Old 12-13-2007, 03:26 PM

And that was fun? Wow... No comment.
Old 12-15-2007, 01:31 AM

2008 c350 saks 5th ave
i just got the saks 5th ave i love it . and now i have the video in motion working thanks to www.mbdoctor.com. i bought and adapter there its plug and play.it unlockes tv,video,dvd and aux he is the only one who sell the adapter to bypass the system so it doesn't shut of when i drive .i paid 350 and installed it myself .its the only way to make it work ..watch the video and enjoy your car

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcw4U7Kwk84
Old 01-12-2008, 11:46 PM

Originally Posted by mbenz06
I just took my car to a car stereo place to get my subs put in and they told me there is nothing they can do to make the dvd player work while moving. Does anyone know a place in OC that could do this?
La Jolla Audio in San Diego can do it. They will need to buy a module from Navtec and install it.
Old 01-13-2008, 07:42 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2007 S600
Originally Posted by ATSOBE
Just I look how people get and argue here in this post about stuff. Instead of just giving there thoughts all they do is hit on others. I thought since we all owned expensive cars we all have some type of class and education. To perform a civilized thread instead of hitting on others. I GUESS MONEY CANT BUY CLASS OR EDUCATION. Why don't we all grow up and stop from putting each other down. Its a thread to ask ? and help each other out. Let make the best of it..
thank you . great post.
Old 01-13-2008, 10:00 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
2003 CLK55
Hey dudes. I had a question. Is there anyway to watch an iPod movie on the pop up Nav screen off of an iPod?
Probably not, but I figured couldn't hurt to check.
Old 01-13-2008, 01:26 PM

2011 E350 4Matic Wagon, 2013 C350 4Matic Sedan
Wow... how did I miss this thread?

...backs out of the room...
Old 01-13-2008, 04:25 PM
pcb
Almost a Member!

2008 Mercedes C350 Saks Edition
If video in motion is a must have for anyone I do know a way around it.

99.9% of all after market in dash dvd players will play video in motion. The units have a small sensor in them that tells them that the car is in park. Any install guy can install in the glove box a switch for you that tricks the unit into thinking the car is in park even while moving.

I did this on my W203 no problem.

In addition most after market in dash dvd players come with ipod controls. If you have a video ipod it will then display the video from the ipod on to the screen.

I have the Merc MM in my new car so I did not want to use my old in dash dvd player but if your dying to have VIM and watch your ipod you can do it cheap.

My old head unit was 500 and another 50 bucks to the install guy and magically I could watch movies driving down the street. (not that i would ever do such a thing)
Old 01-13-2008, 04:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
LOADED 08' C350 & 14' GLK-350 Diamond White (P1, MM, AMG Pkg, Ln Trkng, Htd Sts, Keylss Go)
Originally Posted by pcb
If video in motion is a must have for anyone I do know a way around it.

99.9% of all after market in dash dvd players will play video in motion. The units have a small sensor in them that tells them that the car is in park. Any install guy can install in the glove box a switch for you that tricks the unit into thinking the car is in park even while moving.

I did this on my W203 no problem.

In addition most after market in dash dvd players come with ipod controls. If you have a video ipod it will then display the video from the ipod on to the screen.

I have the Merc MM in my new car so I did not want to use my old in dash dvd player but if your dying to have VIM and watch your ipod you can do it cheap.

My old head unit was 500 and another 50 bucks to the install guy and magically I could watch movies driving down the street. (not that i would ever do such a thing)

nobody is going to remove the stock MM system for an aftermarket....
Old 01-13-2008, 09:19 PM
pcb
Almost a Member!

2008 Mercedes C350 Saks Edition
I hope they don't remove the MM for after market but just wanted to put it out there since it seems some folks have a hard on for VIM.

I won't ever swap mine out. You are correct.
Old 01-14-2008, 12:01 PM
XJ9

C350
Originally Posted by Stiggs
Hey dudes. I had a question. Is there anyway to watch an iPod movie on the pop up Nav screen off of an iPod?
Probably not, but I figured couldn't hurt to check.

Yes, if you get the video aux feature turned on then you can have an ipod A/V cable wired into your aux inputs. then you just select video and off you go.
Old 01-14-2008, 06:52 PM
Almost a Member!

2008 C300 Iridium Silver. 2009 Black R350
Originally Posted by NycOren
i just got the saks 5th ave i love it . and now i have the video in motion working thanks to www.mbdoctor.com. i bought and adapter there its plug and play.it unlockes tv,video,dvd and aux he is the only one who sell the adapter to bypass the system so it doesn't shut of when i drive .i paid 350 and installed it myself .its the only way to make it work ..watch the video and enjoy your car

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcw4U7Kwk84
that same unit is for auction on ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.de/TV-FREE-FREISCHAL...QQcmdZViewItem

after euro conversion it comes out to around $205.00
Old 01-16-2008, 04:38 PM
Almost a Member!

2008 C300 Iridium Silver. 2009 Black R350
zurück zur Startseite Kategorie: Auto & Motorrad: Teile > Auto-Hi-Fi & Navigation > Einbau-Navigationssysteme > Herstellernavigationssysteme > Mercedes

TV FREE FREISCHALTUNG MERCEDES W204 NTG4 Comand System Artikelnummer: 320206024753

Verkäufer dieses Artikels? Einloggen zur Statusabfrage Diesen Artikel in Mein eBay beobachten

Sie beobachten diesen Artikel als Gast in Mein eBay.
Als Gast können Sie:
in Mein eBay auf diesem Computer bis zu zehn Artikel verfolgen
einige Stunden vor dem Ende dieses Angebots eine E-Mail-Erinnerung erhalten

Größeres Bild

Startpreis: EUR 139,00
inkl. MwSt.

Ihr Maximalgebot: EUR
Bieten >
(Geben Sie mindestens EUR 139,00 ein )

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Angebotsende: 22 Stunden 31 Minuten (17.01.08 21:08:40 MEZ)
Versandkosten: EUR 8,00
Versicherter Versand
Service nach: Deutschland
(Weitere Versandservices)
Versand nach: Weltweit
Artikelstandort: Salzkotten, Deutschland
Übersicht: 0 Gebot(e)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Weitere Möglichkeiten:
Sammelgebot abgeben

Lassen Sie sich benachrichtigen per Instant Messenger
An einen Freund senden

Angebots- und Zahlungsdetails: AusblendenAnzeigen
Angebotsbeginn: 10.01.08 21:08:40 MEZ
inkl. MwSt.
Dauer: 7 Tage
Zahlungsmethoden: Überweisung,
Barzahlung bei Abholung,
Nachnahme
Weitere Details

Angaben zum Verkäufer
Verkäufer: conexx-video*de( 5972)
Bewertungen: 99,2 % Positiv
Mitglied: seit 20.08.00 in Deutschland
Angemeldet als gewerblicher Verkäufer
Detaillierte Bewertungen aufrufen
Zu meinen bevorzugten Verkäufern hinzufügen
Alle Artikel des Verkäufers: eBay Shop | Listenansicht
Besuchen Sie den Shop des Verkäufers:
Conexx der Car-Multimedia-Shop

Frage an den Verkäufer

Senden Sie dem Verkäufer eine E-Mail

Sicher kaufen
1. Sehen Sie sich das Bewertungsprofil des Verkäufers an
Bewertungspunkte: 5972 | 99,2% Positiv
2. Informieren Sie sich über den Käuferschutz
Rücknahme akzeptiert: Angaben dieses Verkäufers zur Rücknahme.

Beschreibung
Old 01-16-2008, 04:39 PM

C300 Sport
Originally Posted by achu717
zurück zur Startseite Kategorie: Auto & Motorrad: Teile > Auto-Hi-Fi & Navigation > Einbau-Navigationssysteme > Herstellernavigationssysteme > Mercedes

TV FREE FREISCHALTUNG MERCEDES W204 NTG4 Comand System Artikelnummer: 320206024753

Verkäufer dieses Artikels? Einloggen zur Statusabfrage Diesen Artikel in Mein eBay beobachten

Sie beobachten diesen Artikel als Gast in Mein eBay.
Als Gast können Sie:
in Mein eBay auf diesem Computer bis zu zehn Artikel verfolgen
einige Stunden vor dem Ende dieses Angebots eine E-Mail-Erinnerung erhalten

Größeres Bild

inkl. MwSt.

Ihr Maximalgebot: EUR
Bieten >
(Geben Sie mindestens EUR 139,00 ein )

Angebotsende: 22 Stunden 31 Minuten (17.01.08 21:08:40 MEZ)
Versandkosten: EUR 8,00
Versicherter Versand
Service nach: Deutschland
(Weitere Versandservices)
Versand nach: Weltweit
Artikelstandort: Salzkotten, Deutschland
Übersicht: 0 Gebot(e)

Weitere Möglichkeiten:
Sammelgebot abgeben

Lassen Sie sich benachrichtigen per Instant Messenger
An einen Freund senden

Angebots- und Zahlungsdetails: AusblendenAnzeigen
Angebotsbeginn: 10.01.08 21:08:40 MEZ
inkl. MwSt.
Dauer: 7 Tage
Zahlungsmethoden: Überweisung,
Barzahlung bei Abholung,
Nachnahme
Weitere Details

Angaben zum Verkäufer
Verkäufer: conexx-video*de( 5972)
Bewertungen: 99,2 % Positiv
Mitglied: seit 20.08.00 in Deutschland
Angemeldet als gewerblicher Verkäufer
Zu meinen bevorzugten Verkäufern hinzufügen
Alle Artikel des Verkäufers: eBay Shop | Listenansicht
Besuchen Sie den Shop des Verkäufers:
Conexx der Car-Multimedia-Shop

Frage an den Verkäufer

Senden Sie dem Verkäufer eine E-Mail

Sicher kaufen
1. Sehen Sie sich das Bewertungsprofil des Verkäufers an
Bewertungspunkte: 5972 | 99,2% Positiv
2. Informieren Sie sich über den Käuferschutz
Rücknahme akzeptiert: Angaben dieses Verkäufers zur Rücknahme.

Beschreibung

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Watching DVD's with car moving!