C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Noise behind glovebox

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-10-2007, 07:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 c300
Question Noise behind glovebox

I have a 2008 C300 with 2500 miles and just recently I hear this sound that seems to be coming from behind the glove box. I hear it everytime I slow down to stop or accelerate. The glove box is empty and it is almost like somthing fell off or the other thought was there is something wrong with the heater doors. Has anyone else experienced this? Any help or thoughts would be appreciated. I would hate to bring this into the dealer and have him rip my dash apart.
Old 12-10-2007, 09:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2008 R350 & 2008 C300
I'm guessing your going to have to have them dive into it. If its not a very loud noise, could just be a wiring harness connection that has come loose and is banging against something when you start or stop. Or could be a stray screw or plastic connector. I had my old BMW into service three times for something similar, had a noise everytime went over a bump. They claimed to have tore the trunk all apart and everything checked out fine all three times. I still had the noise so I took the whole trunk liner out and found two plastic screws that were supposed to hold the liner in place, just floating around back there. Looked like one was chewed up like they tried to put it in and it broke so they just left it in there ha ha. Hopefully thats all it is and its an easy fix for ya.
Old 12-11-2007, 05:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
LOADED 08' C350 & 14' GLK-350 Diamond White (P1, MM, AMG Pkg, Ln Trkng, Htd Sts, Keylss Go)
Originally Posted by kevin1446
I have a 2008 C300 with 2500 miles and just recently I hear this sound that seems to be coming from behind the glove box. I hear it everytime I slow down to stop or accelerate. The glove box is empty and it is almost like somthing fell off or the other thought was there is something wrong with the heater doors. Has anyone else experienced this? Any help or thoughts would be appreciated. I would hate to bring this into the dealer and have him rip my dash apart.
dude, you have to descibe the noise better than just calling it a noise...

please give more detail on the type of noise, and how loud it is and what is sounds similar to...

i may have a simliar noise
Old 12-11-2007, 08:46 PM

2008 c300
More information

The sound reminds me of a vent door swinging closed. When I stop you hear this slight clunking sound. When I accelerate again you sometimes hear it a second time. It doesn't happen all the time but it happens enough to be annoying.
Old 12-13-2007, 09:12 PM
Almost a Member!

i believe i have the exact same noise... i had mentioned this in another thread. happens to me when i come to a complete stop..sometimes even a split second after i stop like a slightly delayed reaction. also happens when i accelerate from a stop. doesn't happen all the time. i notice that it happens more frequently if i stop on a down grade. the noise is almost like a sharp "thunk" like a piece of plastic is shifting around and then hitting another solid surface..

i'm assuming it's something loose? thing is, if the noise was barely audible i'd just block it out.. but sometimes it can get quite loud especially if i do a hard stop. thinking about bringing it up with my dealer but at the same time, don't want them to rip thru the dashboard and possibly make things worse..

let me know if you figure it out..