C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI
View Poll Results: Mercedes for Loaner?
Yes, Merc for Merc
60.00%
Any loaner is a good loaner
15.00%
Be happy you got a loaner
25.00%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Should I have gotten a Mercedes loaner?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-15-2007, 02:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
E550 4MATIC
This is really surprising to hear about MB Morristown. I bought my car at Globe and after a few service visits, realized that I didn't like them. (Globe always provided me a Mercedes loaner btw). Morristown is closer to where I live and they had just built that new massive service facility so I decided to try them. I was very happy and haven't switched since then.

I have always gotten either a C280 or C350 4Matic from Morristown and I didn't even buy my car. Only once when I got there later in the day and they had run out of MB loaners so they gave me a Toyota Rav4. No complaints though, the car was clean and new.

Morristown has around 50 Mercedes loaners I think, but they are a busier service facility so I think they run out quickly if you don't get there early in the morning.

I am surprised that they don't have all Mercedes loaners because as you fellow NJ people know, there are more than enough dealers to choose from and most of the other dealers only use MB loaners.

Last edited by pmb600; 12-15-2007 at 02:32 PM.
Old 12-15-2007, 02:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
AlabasterWhiteSL ObsidianBlackML
Originally Posted by pmb600

I am surprised that they don't have all Mercedes loaners because as you fellow NJ people know, there are more than enough dealers to choose from and most of the other dealers only use MB loaners.
I completely agree...You can't go 20 miles in any direction in NJ without being right next to an MB dealer

...therefore it's no suprise that it's a matter of convenience but more so (IMO) the quality of service that gets the dealer the customers for servicing etc...that's why I'm more then happy to buy from, and drive to, Ray Catena for servicing even though they're 30mins away, while Princeton MB is 10 mins away.
Old 12-15-2007, 03:21 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
12E350, 12ML350, 08C350
Loaner

I bought my car @ Fletcher Jones (NP,CA), I always get a MB loaner when I had the car in services (C230,C280 or ML), last week, I drop the car in for services, after the paper work, the attendent ask me whether I want to wait for a MB (the wait is 20 to 30 minutes, because the MB renter return is being wash), I do not want to wait, took a brand new Ford Explorer for a day. Loaner is the courtesy of each individual dealer, you will be glad to get the loaner or ride a shuttle bus (also courtesy) home. I am happy to get any ride for the day while servicing the car. Anyway, FJMotorcars used Enterprise fleet for the loaner.
Old 12-15-2007, 04:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 289 Likes on 202 Posts
2013 650i Coupe, 2010 IS250 AWD, 1999 S500
Why would anyone add anything to the paint on a modern day car, especially a Mercedes that already has some of the best anti-scratch, gloss/sheen paint already?

Still though the dealer should have given you a MB loaner, but I guess priority is in play here and for such a service they'd keep their loaners for warranty or repair work.

M
Old 12-15-2007, 07:43 PM
RLE
MBWorld Fanatic!

'08 C300 Lux Barolo Red Beige Leather P2 MM 18" wheels '84 944
Which loaner?

<<I was just going to say that... I have a Mazda6 right now while my car is at Rasmussen. I think if you are still in warranty you get a Merc loaner... otherwise you get to rent a wreck... >>

Depends on your status as a customer and it does vary.
Old 12-15-2007, 10:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E550 4MATIC
Originally Posted by Germancar1
Why would anyone add anything to the paint on a modern day car, especially a Mercedes that already has some of the best anti-scratch, gloss/sheen paint already?

Still though the dealer should have given you a MB loaner, but I guess priority is in play here and for such a service they'd keep their loaners for warranty or repair work.

M
I don't understand this nano coat that he put on his car...I'm sorry but there is no way that something a dealer is putting on aftermarket that is going to be as good as the factory, also I can't see them being really careful and taping every non-painted area off.
Old 12-15-2007, 10:48 PM
RLE
MBWorld Fanatic!

'08 C300 Lux Barolo Red Beige Leather P2 MM 18" wheels '84 944
Dealer applied stuff

<<Why would anyone add anything to the paint on a modern day car, especially a Mercedes that already has some of the best anti-scratch, gloss/sheen paint already?>>

Other than wax, of course.

I remember a statement made long ago by one of the most famous Porsche dealers in the country in answer to a question.

He said: There are some things that are made to be bought, and some things that are made to be sold.

Our cars are the former, and all these snake-oil high commission paint "protectors" are the latter. I am not talking about paint protection films in this case.