C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

RAIN - Best way to care for car's paint in constant rain for at least 3 or more days?

Old 12-19-2007, 03:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
LOADED 08' C350 & 14' GLK-350 Diamond White (P1, MM, AMG Pkg, Ln Trkng, Htd Sts, Keylss Go)
RAIN - Best way to care for car's paint in constant rain for at least 3 or more days?

It has started raining a lot where i live, and was wondering what is the Best way to care for car's paint in constant rain for at least 3 or more days?

doesn't make sense to wash it every day, right?

if it rains for 5 days straight, are you supoosed to wash off the rain spots everyday? if not, will not washing it after constant rain have the possibility of paint damage?
Old 12-19-2007, 04:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2008 R350 & 2008 C300
Lol rain...rain?

Here I'll give you nightmares! My two week old C300 Sport is sitting in the garage right now with snow/salt/road dirt all over it.
Old 12-19-2007, 04:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
LOADED 08' C350 & 14' GLK-350 Diamond White (P1, MM, AMG Pkg, Ln Trkng, Htd Sts, Keylss Go)
Originally Posted by chilledbenz
Lol rain...rain?

Here I'll give you nightmares! My two week old C300 Sport is sitting in the garage right now with snow/salt/road dirt all over it.
ya i know, pretty lame thread... just this is the first time i have let my car stay rain stained with water spots everywhere for more than a day...

it is parked outside everyday at my office and takes a beating, so no point to wash it everyday... what if i left it a week like that cus it kept raining?

i am no detail pro by any means, so I was trying to see what someone who treats their car like a show car would do...
Old 12-19-2007, 05:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2008 C300 Sport, RWD, US
Originally Posted by rb23lb
i am no detail pro by any means, so I was trying to see what someone who treats their car like a show car would do...

They'd throw their body over it.

Seriously, enjoy the car and don't stress over the small stuff. You'll live longer.
Old 12-19-2007, 05:34 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
c300 sport
just wait til it stops raining, then give her a good wash and wax. you might want to apply one of those spray waxes that repel water, if you expect a lot more rain in the near future.
Old 12-19-2007, 10:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
'05 A4 1.8TQM6
To protect your car's paint, consider using a sealant like Menzerna FMJ (Full Molecular Jacket). After washing it, clay, polish, etc, give it a coat of FMJ where it "seals" the paint's surface. It protects it for up to 6 months, so twice a year application is ideal.
Old 12-20-2007, 01:56 AM
RLE
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
'08 C300 Lux Barolo Red Beige Leather P2 MM 18" wheels '84 944
Rain rain rain

<<I am no detail pro by any means, so I was trying to see what someone who treats their car like a show car would do...>>

Someone calling my name?

My car is garaged and I frequently hose it off before putting it away if it is particularly dirty. Of course, I have also washed past cars in below freezing weather with snow on the ground. In the dark.

You do what you can.

I try not to let the neighbors see this for fear they will have me put away.
Old 12-20-2007, 10:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
528i, GLK
ya i know, pretty lame thread... just this is the first time i have let my car stay rain stained with water spots everywhere for more than a day...

it is parked outside everyday at my office and takes a beating, so no point to wash it everyday... what if i left it a week like that cus it kept raining?

show car pro would be driving a honda civic daily while having their 68 shelby stored in a garaged.....

There is no need to wax/polish car on daily basis. Even on a weekly basis, its alot of work (considering you know what you are doing) Look under this recent thread Lots of good links and info there.

If you worry about water spots, I would recommend doing a wipe down using Meguiar's ultimate quick detail. Its fast and easy. I keep a bottle of that in my car at all times, very good for bird droppings.

Other than that, there is really no easy way.... I too wax/polish/clay/name-it-i've-done-it all seasons long. you really have to enjoy this stuff otherwise its just a chore and you will soon find yourself heading to the autocar wash!

make it a hobby! that's how the pros roll

Last edited by webada; 12-20-2007 at 10:09 AM.
Old 12-20-2007, 11:35 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 Black Out C350 Saks Edition / 87 VW GTI
It has started raining a lot where i live, and was wondering what is the Best way to care for car's paint in constant rain for at least 3 or more days?

doesn't make sense to wash it every day, right?

if it rains for 5 days straight, are you supoosed to wash off the rain spots everyday? if not, will not washing it after constant rain have the possibility of paint damage?
You should hire a mobil detailing service to came to your office twice a week and you will get that worry out of yuor mine
Old 12-20-2007, 11:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
528i, GLK
Originally Posted by RLE
<<I am no detail pro by any means, so I was trying to see what someone who treats their car like a show car would do...>>

Someone calling my name?

My car is garaged and I frequently hose it off before putting it away if it is particularly dirty. Of course, I have also washed past cars in below freezing weather with snow on the ground. In the dark.

You do what you can.

I try not to let the neighbors see this for fear they will have me put away.
+1 rinsing is also a good method if water spots are all over. Spary with strong current first, loosen the dirt. Then follow by "pouring" (remove spray head and allow water to flow down all over the vehicle, top down) This can prevent water beads and easier for drying. You should do this as soon as water spots are noticed, otherwise, if left overnite and dried completely, a soap wash might be required.
Old 12-20-2007, 08:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
i535
Rain at my place doesn't leave any white spots. It seems you have very dangerous rain. Do not drink water after it.
Old 12-21-2007, 04:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E550 4MATIC
Unless it's acid rain, it won't harm the paint and the water spots are not the bad kind from hose water.

My car had salt covering it for the past week with salt caked in the cracks and everything--that is something to sort of worry about.