C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Help me decide

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-04-2008, 02:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E90
Help me decide

Hi all,
New to this forum.
Currently own E90 325i and so far love the car. Just dumped a 335i coupe because I was having too many issues for that new of a car so I decided to take an early loss vs having to pay for it in the long run and in the you-know-what later.
In any case, my MIL (Mother in law) has a C320 last MY generation and she is getting ready to buy one. My wife also likes the new MB C and is thinking of buying one as well.
So here's where I would like some help. I've read several posts already and I've seen/driven the car but instead of just sitting there and trying all of the gadgets out, I'd like to see what some of your likes/dislikes are.

1) Nav - How easy is it to use compared to iDrive? I have iDrive now so I'm very familiar with MB's concept. Things I love about the BMW system is the nice wide split screen and the ability to see the directions on one section and another source on the other section. I know in the MB unit, it's one only (not splittable). The one main gripe I have with the BMW system though, is the fact that I can't easily search by POI. Say Big O Tires, well on BMW they were thoughtful enough to think that because I have RFT's, I shouldn't be able to go to a tire shop! Well what if I needed to meet someone there?
So how easy is it to use MB's system and how frustrating is it not being able to enter in directions while moving without talking to the car?

2) Entertainment - How good really is the Logic7 system compared to BMW's Logic7? BMW has subs under the seat and I know MB's does not and instead decided to cheap out and use different woofers/mids. I honestly didn't crank it up when I went for the test drive because I wanted to hear how quiet the cabin was

3) Overall Characteristics - Overall, how is the car? Price wise, the car is great. I'm not too fond of the lack of road feel there is but then again, as I get older, I'm not driving as I used to so a more refined drive may help me minimize my ticket average... which is about 1 a year

Thanks for the long read and future help