C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

MBTex - Cleaner / Conditioner

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-10-2010, 08:45 AM

Received 48 Likes on 39 Posts
GLA45 AMG, GLC43 AMG
Originally Posted by blue00r6
Here's a semi off topic question.... I bought my car used, the previous seller told me that he had optioned for the real leather... however with all of the new kinds of fake leather I really wouldnt be able to tell the difference... is there a way for me to tell whether I have MBtex or real leather without seeing the original option sheet?
real leather will have white stitching typically, where as the MBtex will not

go to a dealership and take a look at the 2, you can't miss the difference.
Old 05-10-2010, 12:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Moped
lexol came out with a new cleaner with shine to it. its sold in a blue bottle! its called vinyl something..
Old 05-10-2010, 06:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 W204 C300 Sport
Here's a semi off topic question.... I bought my car used, the previous seller told me that he had optioned for the real leather... however with all of the new kinds of fake leather I really wouldnt be able to tell the difference... is there a way for me to tell whether I have MBtex or real leather without seeing the original option sheet?
I would say push on the seat and see if there are any creases. Natural leather will sometimes show sharp creases while MB-Tex looks smoother since it is vinyl-like. Notice how the steering wheel leather has creases? Look for the same on the seats.
Old 05-11-2010, 04:04 AM

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
2017 C43
Originally Posted by ShaunPatrick
I would say push on the seat and see if there are any creases. Natural leather will sometimes show sharp creases while MB-Tex looks smoother since it is vinyl-like. Notice how the steering wheel leather has creases? Look for the same on the seats.
Yeah, I definitely have Mbtex... it's perf'd and the leather wasn't available like that right? To be honest, looking at the non perf'd leather - i would rather have the MBtex.. the only thing that bothers me is that the previous owner lied to me about it... I was admittedly uninformed about the leather/MBtex options and I was more concerned about MM/Nav,Pano and the AMG wheels.. I'm still completely in love with my car but am bugged by someone trying to pass off the Tex as leather... oh well, I don't think I'd even trade for leather if I could.. It's just the principle!
Old 05-11-2010, 06:52 AM

2009 c300 sport 4 matic
Yeah, I definitely have Mbtex... it's perf'd and the leather wasn't available like that right? To be honest, looking at the non perf'd leather - i would rather have the MBtex.. the only thing that bothers me is that the previous owner lied to me about it... I was admittedly uninformed about the leather/MBtex options and I was more concerned about MM/Nav,Pano and the AMG wheels.. I'm still completely in love with my car but am bugged by someone trying to pass off the Tex as leather... oh well, I don't think I'd even trade for leather if I could.. It's just the principle!

As a side note I have long experience with Mercedes and the tex interiors ware like iron. When the leather starts looking shoddy the Tex will look like new. I`ve looked at older cars with 100.000+ miles and the tex looked good.
Old 05-17-2010, 12:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

S550
Yesterday, I noticed I have the blue seats from jeans so I just took a wet towel and wiped it. Came right off
Old 05-20-2010, 10:43 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
09' E350 AMG Sport, 09' C300, 03' Honda S2K
Originally Posted by Patrick LowKey
lexol came out with a new cleaner with shine to it. its sold in a blue bottle! its called vinyl something..

It is called Vinlyex, I used it for everything. Convertible covers, dashboards, seats. It cleans and have sunscreen uv protectant at the same time.
Old 05-31-2010, 09:44 AM

2012 US Edition C300 Luxury 4-Matic
Zaino Z-10 Leather in a Bottle

Originally Posted by misterng
Try Zaino Z-10 Leather in a Bottle. No shine and has leather smell.

http://www.zainostore.com/Merchant2/...oduct_Count=15
I tried the Zaino Z-10 after reading all the posts here and I applied it the other day, wow.... great product, I had never used any type cleaner or protectorate on my seats or interior, such as top of dash, well it worked fantastic, I like the smell, after drying its not as overpowering, so thats good, and the look after application is super.
The product itself doesn't get any easier as applied, just apply and let dry, how easy is that!
I also like the fact that its not super shiny, more of a matte look.
Thanks for the comments, if I had to make a recommendation in the future, go with the Zaino Z-10.
I use other Zaino products and have never been disappointed!