C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Video Ipod/MM

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-18-2008 | 07:18 AM
phs

12 SLK55AMG 18 C43AMG 19GLC63sAMG
Video Ipod/MM

I am taking delivery of my C350 4matic in 2 weeks (Toronto, Ontario). I would be installing a backup camera with the NAV-TV modules (w204vim+pgm). Could someone enlighten me in how I would be able to integrate a video ipod into the MM display and still can control everything by way of the oem "control knob" and displaying song/video list, etc? any one knows if the Dension Getway 500 works in this setting?

Other aftermarket installations :-
-Hella Tire Pressure Monitor with display of actual pressure. I know that down south where this is a standard, a lot of people seem to find this feature more of a nuisance. This package that I have ordered from TireRack actually displays the individual tire pressure with preset warnings for high and low. Up here in the Great White North, I found that this feature is very handy in the winter months, because I do not have to struggle in frigid weather to fight with frozen gauges and can get an actual reading in the comfort of a warm car cabin. It's just me!
-Illuminated sills
-Park sensors (front and back) with visual displays, still debating whether this is going to be an overkill with the backup camera, suggestions?
-FLIR camera, still struggling if this is too expensive a toy/tool for a C-class

Thank you in advance for sharing
Old 02-18-2008 | 07:22 AM

1991 560SEL, 1981 300SD, 1983 300SD, 2008 C350
Good luck on your modifications.

I hope you can post some step by step photos of your upgrades.

I'm interested in the FLIR installation if you would do it.
Old 02-18-2008 | 07:32 AM
XJ9

C350
Originally Posted by phs
I am taking delivery of my C350 4matic in 2 weeks (Toronto, Ontario). I would be installing a backup camera with the NAV-TV modules (w204vim+pgm). Could someone enlighten me in how I would be able to integrate a video ipod into the MM display and still can control everything by way of the oem "control knob" and displaying song/video list, etc? any one knows if the Dension Getway 500 works in this setting?

Other aftermarket installations :-
-Hella Tire Pressure Monitor with display of actual pressure. I know that down south where this is a standard, a lot of people seem to find this feature more of a nuisance. This package that I have ordered from TireRack actually displays the individual tire pressure with preset warnings for high and low. Up here in the Great White North, I found that this feature is very handy in the winter months, because I do not have to struggle in frigid weather to fight with frozen gauges and can get an actual reading in the comfort of a warm car cabin. It's just me!
-Illuminated sills
-Park sensors (front and back) with visual displays, still debating whether this is going to be an overkill with the backup camera, suggestions?
-FLIR camera, still struggling if this is too expensive a toy/tool for a C-class

Thank you in advance for sharing
The Dension gateway does not work at all with the W204 C class. It is incompatible. As of now the only way to control an ipod with the C class is to use the factory ipod kit but that will not allow control via the knob nor will it allow you to play videos. You can input video into your radio by turning on the video aux feature.. the navtv pgm piece does this BUT you cannot have video aux and backup camera at the same time... You can only have one or the other. I dont know why it is that way.. its totally retarded but thats how the radio works on the C class.
Old 02-18-2008 | 08:08 AM
phs

12 SLK55AMG 18 C43AMG 19GLC63sAMG
Originally Posted by XJ9
The Dension gateway does not work at all with the W204 C class. It is incompatible. As of now the only way to control an ipod with the C class is to use the factory ipod kit but that will not allow control via the knob nor will it allow you to play videos. You can input video into your radio by turning on the video aux feature.. the navtv pgm piece does this BUT you cannot have video aux and backup camera at the same time... You can only have one or the other. I dont know why it is that way.. its totally retarded but thats how the radio works on the C class.
I was recommended by NAVTV that in order for the backup camera to work in conjunction with a FLIR camera (or any extra video input for that matter), I can install an Alpine v-hub, which will provide any extra video input. My installer however, suggested that a v-hub might be an overkill. He in turn recommended a video splitter. But he said that he can only tell by trying with various options after I take delivery of the car. If worse comes the worse, a v-hub it shall be. Love to hear your input, please.