C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Clicking sound while accelerating

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-25-2008, 10:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C300 4Matic
Clicking sound while accelerating

Hi guys,

I'm not sure if this is normal, but when I was driving home yesterday with the radio turned off and windows down just to enjoy the breeze, I heard a sound like *clack clack* or like the sound of plastic getting rubbed against something. I never heard this before, but then again I didn't pay so much attention to the acceleration until tonight. This "clicking" sound seems to happen when the gear is about to shift up. So for example when it is at gear 2, while it is about to shift to gear 3, it creates this sound for like half a second, but loud enough to notice it. This only happens when u leave it in automatic and not when you shift the gears yourself. Does anyone else on the forum have this problem? or know possibly what it might be ?
Sorry guys, this still sounds kind of vague, I'll try to find out more symptoms it has.

I'm kind of getting annoyed by this. After realizing there is this sound, I try to listen for this clicking sound every time I accelerate.

Thanks
Old 02-26-2008, 01:47 AM

2008 c300
Originally Posted by radiance
Hi guys,

I'm not sure if this is normal, but when I was driving home yesterday with the radio turned off and windows down just to enjoy the breeze, I heard a sound like *clack clack* or like the sound of plastic getting rubbed against something. I never heard this before, but then again I didn't pay so much attention to the acceleration until tonight. This "clicking" sound seems to happen when the gear is about to shift up. So for example when it is at gear 2, while it is about to shift to gear 3, it creates this sound for like half a second, but loud enough to notice it. This only happens when u leave it in automatic and not when you shift the gears yourself. Does anyone else on the forum have this problem? or know possibly what it might be ?
Sorry guys, this still sounds kind of vague, I'll try to find out more symptoms it has.

I'm kind of getting annoyed by this. After realizing there is this sound, I try to listen for this clicking sound every time I accelerate.

Thanks
i also noticed a clicking clacking sound on my c300 everytime i accelerated. i went to dealership and they told me there were some panels rubbing against each other somewhere towards my rear seats so i had it fixed. but now, i also noticed a clicking sound somewhere near my drivers side aircondition vent whenever i hit small bumps on the road. its really annoying me.
Old 02-26-2008, 03:32 AM

C300 4Matic
thanks for the info c300lv!

I might just have to book an appointment with my dealership justt to check it out on the safe side.

thanks!
Old 02-26-2008, 08:26 AM

C300 (W204) w/ MM, P1, & 18"amg's
Its your car just saying it likes you... like a kitten purring to its mother. Ya but really that could be anything from panels rubbing to a clutch slipping/grinding. Both your going to want to take it to the dealer

-Mike
Old 02-26-2008, 01:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2008 Black Out C350 Saks Edition / 87 VW GTI