C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Treo680/Palm Desktop/vcard/address book

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-01-2008, 05:06 PM
phs

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
12 SLK55AMG 18 C43AMG 19GLC63sAMG
Treo680/Palm Desktop/vcard/address book

Just manage to pair up my Treo680 with C350 4matic. MM package also allow me to upload all my Palm contacts through the PCMCIA memory card adapter by virtue of saving the Palm contacts in vcard format through Palm desktop :-

1. Hot Sync Treo with Windows Palm Desktop so that your contact database is all up to date in your Palm Desktop.
2. Connect your memory card (I used a 2GB compactflash card formated FAT32) to your computer.
2. Open up the "Address file" in the Palm Desktop in your computer.
3. Click "Edit" at the top bar and highlight "Select All" so that all the contacts are highlighted.
3. Click on File and select "Export vcard" which will allow you to open a window to export all your contacts in vcard format.
4. In my case, I select the memory card that I have just connected to the computer(which shows up as a removable hard drive in the computer).
5. Remove the memory card after uploading the contacts and slip it into the PCMCIA adapter.
6. Insert the adapter into the card slot in the centre console of the car after you have turn the COMAND system on.
7. The COMAND system will automatically recognize the memory card and start downloading the contacts. It only took few seconds despite over 200 entries.
8. There seems to be no problem in storing all data into the address book of the COMAND, both phone and address.