C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Need Help - Navigation by Address Book

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-01-2008, 05:21 PM
phs

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
12 SLK55AMG 18 C43AMG 19GLC63sAMG
Question Need Help - Navigation by Address Book

I have all my contacts installed successfully into the COMAND system and have no problem making phone calls. Since I have been able to upload my contacts address at the same time, I was under the impression that I can navigate to the addresses in the address book so long as the format of entry is identical to the ones generated by the Navigation part of the COMAND system. However, when I tried to open up the option next to the entered address in the address book, the "Navigate" option cannot be selected. Apparently if you have entered the address in the "correct" format, there should be a "compass" icon next to the address. I do no have that.
Furthermore, if I generate an identical address not by way of the address book but rather by using the Navigation programme and save that address, then the alleged "compass" icon would show up in this saved address file, and obviously, I would be able to click on that address and navigate.
The problem is that I can see absolutely no difference in the end result whether the address was entered in one way or the other. Has anyone tried this so far? I do not remember anyone mentioned in this forum before. Please correct me if I have overlooked it, and please show me the post if this has been a resolved issue.
Thank you for all the help.
Old 03-01-2008, 11:30 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C300 Sport
Yeah i had the same problem. I put the address in a format which I thought was correct, but it didn't work. I think the only way to do it is enter the address through navi first. i think this way, the nav system knows for sure that the address is valid and can navigate to it.
Old 03-02-2008, 08:17 AM
phs

However, it's not suppose to be so.
The option of "Navigate" is there to be chosen, and if indeed the correct format is being entered into the address book, the navigation option should be allowed for selection, right?
Old 03-02-2008, 07:29 PM
phs

Unhappy

May be I am somewhat impatient. I am surprise that no one has answered to this issue. I thought that at least some of you might have run into this problem already. It is a very convenient feature if you have a lot of entries in your contacts either in your Palm or Window Mobile that you can upload into your COMAND.
Old 03-03-2008, 09:52 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C300 Sport
After entering the address in the navigation destination, you save it to an address book entry. Next time you go to that address book entry (e.g., Joe Shmoe), the "Navigate" option will be selectable. If you just add the address in the address book without doing it in Navigation, the "Navigate" option will not be available. If you think about it, what happens if you add an invalid address that is in the correct format? The navi probably isn't smart enough to know it's not valid so it forces you to enter the address through the nav screen first. That's my theory.