C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

pot holes! ARG~

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-04-2008, 12:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
black c300 sport4matic
pot holes! ARG~

hey guys.. new to the forum... i got my c300 a lil over a month ago... have a lil over 2k miles on it... and im loving my ride more and more each day... was driving a civic prior and s4 prior to that... (audi's maintenance is a killer)

i live in nyc... but travel a lot around the tri-state area for work and play... and every time i hit a pot hole... my heart sinks... usually i try to avoid them... as much as i can but there a few that... either i cant see or... just gotta drive over real slow... either way... when i hear that KADUNK sound... gives me shivers...

just a heads up... if you are ever in manhattan... becareful on 14th street between 9th and the westside highway... stupid cobble stone/pothole infested street...

been getting a lot of good info from the site... gonna probably get my tints done from infinite tints in new rochelle... will letcha ya'll know how that goes...
Old 03-04-2008, 12:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2008 Black Out C350 Saks Edition / 87 VW GTI
Welcome to MBW
Old 03-04-2008, 01:40 PM

88 560sl, 08 c350
also, watch out for the east - to - west side path on 66th street. Theres a nasty pothole there. i hit it and it created a bubble on my tire. had to replace them... if your driviing in nyc, just take it slow. the roads are horrible now, anywhere you go.
Old 03-04-2008, 01:51 PM

W212 2011 E-350 4Matic
Originally Posted by iceberg13
hey guys.. new to the forum... i got my c300 a lil over a month ago... have a lil over 2k miles on it... and im loving my ride more and more each day... was driving a civic prior and s4 prior to that... (audi's maintenance is a killer)

i live in nyc... but travel a lot around the tri-state area for work and play... and every time i hit a pot hole... my heart sinks... usually i try to avoid them... as much as i can but there a few that... either i cant see or... just gotta drive over real slow... either way... when i hear that KADUNK sound... gives me shivers...

just a heads up... if you are ever in manhattan... becareful on 14th street between 9th and the westside highway... stupid cobble stone/pothole infested street...

been getting a lot of good info from the site... gonna probably get my tints done from infinite tints in new rochelle... will letcha ya'll know how that goes...
I feel your pain!
and good looking out.

Did you include insurance for your rims? if not I highly recommend getting them. pot holes are covered if it damages your rims.

I'd also like to add that there is a very hazardous pot hole on the exit to queens blvd (exit 12) on the LIE heading LI bound. (right after the loop)

it was so severe it jumped my alignment on my old car.
and just last week I stumped over the same hole...luckly I was going slow so it didn't harm my car. (can't see the hole at night so bear right or left after the loop)
Old 03-04-2008, 01:54 PM

black c300 sport4matic
not sure if my rims are included... im gonna call up my insurance and find out... that is def going to come in handy... thx
Old 03-04-2008, 02:38 PM

W212 2011 E-350 4Matic
Originally Posted by iceberg13
not sure if my rims are included... im gonna call up my insurance and find out... that is def going to come in handy... thx
Its a Mercedes insurance plan for rims just started in 08. I think its called "Tire Protection"
its a one time fee, and if anything happens "besides *curb scrape"
its covered.

*you can always say it was a pot hole or construction scrape
Old 03-04-2008, 05:06 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2007 E63
Ouch, welcome to the forum!

Potholes here are horrible too. Worst part is some roads were never fully repaired from winters past, so we've got years worth of potholes on some roads here. Some roads they can't even touch for a long time because they're main roads and shutting down even one lane would cause traffic jams all over the place.
Old 03-04-2008, 05:25 PM

2023 GLC 300 SUV, 2006 BMW Z4M Roadster, 2006 Lexus RX400h
Originally Posted by syrAMG
Its a Mercedes insurance plan for rims just started in 08. I think its called "Tire Protection"
its a one time fee, and if anything happens "besides *curb scrape"
its covered.

*you can always say it was a pot hole or construction scrape
Anyone know how much this costs and if you can get it after you've already taken delivery?

thanx